HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs beat by Ottawa Angels

Old
12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
saints96

vCash: 500
hahahaha wow some of you people need to get a grip! one loss and some of you sound like your either gonna kill yourself or literally kill someone else. Relax! its just a game. You make it seem like we lost game 7 of the stanley cup finals. again relax a little

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
The non-goal was the correct call.

From the NHL Rulebook, Rule 69.3.

"If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed."

The more you know.
But when is that ever called? The goal should not have been called off.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor 54 View Post
The Refs this year are garbage, we've gone 4 game without a penalty so I know how you guys feel. There were some clear penalties we took. A long with some you guys took that weren't called etc. Fraser is a joke.
Refs had a rough night for sure...I thought the disallowed goal was total BS...if the Habs had scored in the first ona couple of their chances the entire game would have been different...kudos to Pascal Leclaire for a very good game. Go figure, we finally outplay a team, but lose the game...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Plekanec lost the face-off that led to one of those goals.

The coaching staff needs to work on face-offs!!!
The coaching staff needs to work on face-offs?

Last time I checked, the coach wasn't allowed to be taking face-offs for his team. How about the centermen take some extra time on their own to do this?

Not everything is the coach's fault.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Last time I checked, the coach wasn't allowed to be taking face-offs for his team. How about the centermen take some extra time on their own to do this?

I think he means that the coaching staff should work on stressing faceoffs in practice.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

You didn't understand this? I think it's obvious what he meant. The coaches set the practice agenda , a suggestion that extra time be set aside for faceoffs is a good one. He didn't say that the coaches literally have to work on their faceoff skills, c'mon.

It's a growing problem, one which would be lessened if Koivu had been retained. But here we are.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
I think he means that the coaching staff should work on stressing faceoffs in practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
You didn't understand this? I think it's obvious what he meant. The coaches set the practice agenda , a suggestion that extra time be set aside for faceoffs is a good one. He didn't say that the coaches literally have to work on their faceoff skills, c'mon.

It's a growing problem, one which would be lessened if Koivu had been retained. But here we are.
Yes, I understood it.

What I'm saying though is that there's a tendency here to blame the coaching staff for our ills. At some point, its up to the players to step up on this stuff. If you're a professional hockey player and you suck at faceoffs, you shouldn't need your coach to tell you to work on it.

Old
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Yes, I understood it.

What I'm saying though is that there's a tendency here to blame the coaching staff for our ills. At some point, its up to the players to step up on this stuff. If you're a professional hockey player and you suck at faceoffs, you shouldn't need your coach to tell you to work on it.
Hate to revive PGTs, but I need to address this.
I've played sports. In practice, you can't just practice what you want. Right now, I assume whoever is running the practice (AKA JM/Muller/Pearn) focuses on either special teams, or working the system. With 82 games, the same number of practices, travel days, working out and actually living life, players don't have time to get together and say "Hey guys lets meet at the rink and practice faceoffs". Its the coach/head of practice's job to address and work on this. Sure the players are aware of their ills, but there are more ills on the team. IMO simply practicing faceoffs at practice would help, and it's up to the coach to address this.

But I'm not a JM hater, jus' sayin...

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Hate to revive PGTs, but I need to address this.
I've played sports. In practice, you can't just practice what you want. Right now, I assume whoever is running the practice (AKA JM/Muller/Pearn) focuses on either special teams, or working the system. With 82 games, the same number of practices, travel days, working out and actually living life, players don't have time to get together and say "Hey guys lets meet at the rink and practice faceoffs". Its the coach/head of practice's job to address and work on this. Sure the players are aware of their ills, but there are more ills on the team. IMO simply practicing faceoffs at practice would help, and it's up to the coach to address this.

But I'm not a JM hater, jus' sayin...
The Montreal Canadiens are not a pee-wee team though. Its not like they can't stay on the ice afterwards and work on this.

There's too much blaming of the coach on these threads. I'm not a JM fan myself, but the players have to be accountable too.