HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you believe in miracles ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2004, 12:42 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Thx for clearing that up a little bit.

I wasn't really sure myself.That's why I asked.

I guess , We'll see !
I'm pretty sure those games are for relegation. I think it's a mini-tournament for the upcoming countries. They fight to stay with the big boys and I hope they win so that I can watch Kostitsyn's brother next year on TV. (I feel like I'm repeating myself a little bit, I'm getting old)

Old
12-30-2004, 12:53 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Kostitsyn, Crosby, Perezhogan

Now tell me that dont sound great!
it does my friend

Old
12-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Zednik

Oh, so if Canada finishes 1st, they are already qualified for the final-four ? I thought it was 4-1, 3-2, etc.

Old
12-30-2004, 01:03 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Oh, so if Canada finishes 1st, they are already qualified for the final-four ? I thought it was 4-1, 3-2, etc.
Yup that's it.

On january the 1st it's A2 VS B3 and B2 VS A3.

Then the winner of the A2-B3 game will face Canada (if they don't choke against the finns).

And the winner of the B2-A3 game will face the A pool winner. Which isn't certain a this point. Will the USA be able to rebound against the Czech tomorrow (actually today...) ? Not gonna be easy.

Old
12-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
really?

Im sure i heard tsn say that this was it for them....

I could very well be wrong.

didnt mean to mess with your mind TGO :lol

They said "the biggest win for them dispite not being able to advance" or something of that nature.

Old
12-30-2004, 08:14 AM
mcphee

Well, I can see why they drafted him now. Honestly, I hadn't seen any of this before this game. What impressed me most was how he quickly made decisions moving the puck, which is what he seemed lost at with the Dogs. Coaching isn't making him hold onto the puck, I think we really underestimate the comfort zone a kid needs in terms of communication. His willingness to drive with the puck and use his strength I'm sure put a smile on a lot of faces. I wasn't really sold on him playing in this tournament but I guess I was wrong. Being put in a leadership position is always a good thing, esp. succeeding against strong opposition. I think he has a long way to go before we see him on Saku's wing but at least I know why they drafted him. I was afraid he was one of these players who were 1 on 1 stars at the Jr. level but had no set up imagination, glad to be wrong.

Old
12-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Kostitsyn now has 5 points!!!!!!!!!! HE IS THE MAN!!!! IMAGINE IF HE PLAYED FOR TEAM CANADA? HE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE 10 POINTS BY NOW!

Old
12-30-2004, 08:38 AM

Watched the game last night, and AK dominated, he was the best player for Belaraus, and the best player on the ice from both teams, he's so strong on the puck, several times, I saw the US players take a run at him only to run into a brick wall, I wonder if he's into body building, cause like Gord Miller said, he saw him before the game, and he's a physical specimen...I love the way Gord and Pierre were drooling over Kostitsyn, hopefully all the haters on the WJHC and Prospect board took notice...

As for asking why he dosen't play like this in the AHL, well he started to turn things around before he left for the WJHC, so as he gets comfortable, he should be able to bring the same type of game to the AHL and eventually the NHL...

It's obvisous the US team underestimated Belraus's heart and determination, but i'm wondering if the coach had the right gameplan, with Belarus, it's not hard, Kostitsyn is the focus of their offense, shut him down and it's game over...I guess it's a credit to Kostitsyn, who raised his game to another level (as he should by now) vs. tough competition, can't help but smile after seeing this one

On another note, I was really looking forward to Konstantin Zahkarov play, I must say I was extremely dissapointed, he was invisible tonight...maybe Montreal (Dan) remembers a thread a few weeks ago when someone was saying that Zahkarov was a better player than Kostitsyn, I hope he didin't watch this game... there was also a d-man who was very physical and I liked his play, I think he's a Wings prospect?

Old
12-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
hopefully all the haters on the WJHC and Prospect board took notice...
Looks like they didn't. There's more hating going on then praising it looks like, which is just a shame after what Belarus and Kostitsyn did last night.

Old
12-30-2004, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Looks like they didn't. There's more hating going on then praising it looks like, which is just a shame after what Belarus and Kostitsyn did last night.
Which validates my point about the Hab hating, I remember watching the game last night and thinking about what comments would be on the board once I came into work this morning, can't say i'm surprised

Closed Thread