HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Time to turn around a bad year

Old
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
sexytime

vCash: 500
Time to turn around a bad year

I've had this theory lately. I could be wrong, but I think that it might apply to a lot of players having a poor season.

I think that a lot of players, notably Lecavalier and Spezza, who are aren't having a good year can blame it on the Olympics. Not being a shoe in for the team can be very stressful for some players. Some players were feeling the pressure to make the team and it got to them. Making team Canada is probably the greatest honour any Canadian hockey enthusiast dreams of. For some of these players it may be their only chance. So having that in the back of your mind every time you shoot, pass, or finish your check can distract you from playing the hockey you're use to.

I'm just hoping that some players can turn it around and show that they in fact did deserve to play for Team Canada. They have less weight on their shoulder and a lot to prove.

Aside from this... GO CANADA GO!!

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote