HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings lose one vz... the "wild" thoughts and gripes

Old
12-30-2009, 06:37 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Why Nash but not Kovy?
i think Rick Nash is a better hockey player.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 06:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i think Rick Nash is a better hockey player.
Well that's some quality insight

Defensive game, physicality, leadership, intangibles?

I put Nash and Kovy on equal footing. Kovy is a little better offensively, Nash defensively. They are different players, but of the same overall caliber.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 07:10 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Look, I know this has already been addressed by others Tony, but I dunno about this argument above.

In no manner, way, shape, or form, is Alexander Frolov anywhere near the concern of Anze Kopitar's performance, both short, mid, and long term.

<snip>
That whole post was excellent bland, and you make some great points.

I think Frolov is an excellent player, and he's been my favorite King on many occasions, but it's painfully obvious from management-speak and team actions that his time in LA has expired, and it frustrates me to no end that he's still around if that is indeed the case. His value as a player was highest last season, and has been steadily declining ever since. His muted offensive production this season in a contract year isn't helping matters at all.

It's an odd feeling though, because he has been a positive contributor on this team for so many seasons now. In addition he was drafted by the Kings and it'll be hard not to see his departure as a failure in some respects... particularly with development. He's one of those players that developed the skills he did in spite of the development system in place during his formative years with the Kings, not because of it. As frustrating as it is to still he him here... it's even more frustrating since it's just another reminder of the craptastic development system we had in place for youth prior to Dean rolling in to town. I'll be sad to see him go.

But I do agree with your point that this franchise does have all its eggs in the Kopitar basket for years to come. Your assessment is bang on.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
For the first time this season I'm beginning to be concerned with the Kings. Kopitar looks like a totally different player but he is playing with musical chair wingers. He's still on pace for 81 points in 81 games and a career high 247 shots on goal. This team needs to put together another winning streak ASAP.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
For the first time this season I'm beginning to be concerned with the Kings. Kopitar looks like a totally different player but he is playing with musical chair wingers. He's still on pace for 81 points in 81 games and a career high 247 shots on goal. This team needs to put together another winning streak ASAP.

you realize that if he continues to score at his current clip he's looking at around 58 points, right?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Boys, plays like Kovy do not come around too often. His name is rightfully spoken in the same breath as Ovechkin and Crosby. Getting an elite talent like that, if you can do it for the loss of one roster player (Kopitar included) is to me a no brainer.

From Atlanta's perspective, it stings less because they arguably get a big star back who is locked up.

From the Kings' perspective, they get that elite talent they are missing at the forward position and wished Kopitar to become

I am by no means begrudging Kopitar. For goodness sake, I am the nut that started the whole Kopitarian thing but there are certain players in this league that if you can get them at the price they are worth, you do it. Kovy has been the Thrashers franchise. He can be ours at the forward position.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Boys, plays like Kovy do not come around too often. His name is rightfully spoken in the same breath as Ovechkin and Crosby. Getting an elite talent like that, if you can do it for the loss of one roster player (Kopitar included) is to me a no brainer.

From Atlanta's perspective, it stings less because they arguably get a big star back who is locked up.

From the Kings' perspective, they get that elite talent they are missing at the forward position and wished Kopitar to become

I am by no means begrudging Kopitar. For goodness sake, I am the nut that started the whole Kopitarian thing but there are certain players in this league that if you can get them at the price they are worth, you do it. Kovy has been the Thrashers franchise. He can be ours at the forward position.
Keep your voice down, the centerians are going to hear you and condemn you to center oblivion! Oh no! Here comes SFKingshomer! You are doomed Zad! Run for you life!

I agree wholeheartedly.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

Sell out!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote