HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Off-color commentary in Pittsburgh

Old
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
There were a couple times during the Pens last game @ Philly, Tim & Bundy made some jokes that I was like "oh no they didn't". One was about Tiger Woods, and there were 1 or 2 more in the same game. Nothing big, but I was a little surprised. But I like Tim & Bundy...Steigy is a tool.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Read his book.
"Put Your Head Down and Skate" or something like that right? I read a chapter in Barnes & Nobles while I was waiting for someone a while ago. Seemed funny enough. I haven't read for pleasure in forever.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
There were a couple times during the Pens last game @ Philly, Tim & Bundy made some jokes that I was like "oh no they didn't". One was about Tiger Woods, and there were 1 or 2 more in the same game. Nothing big, but I was a little surprised. But I like Tim & Bundy...Steigy is a tool.
Homerism aside, Philly has some awesome announcers. In my opinion, every real team should have crews that love their own players and aren't 100 percent objective. But, at the same token, they need to great understanding of the other teams around the league and call penalties and such pretty straight down the line. I think guys like Bill Clement are amazing. Clement does a great job with all NHL related stuff. Like NHL 10 commentary is repetitive so it would be horrid if it wasn't Clement.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:22 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50

Example.

This PC ******** is getting on my nerves.

12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Coatsey brought up how Jones saved Eric Lindros's life and Jones said, "We all make mistakes."
Now that is funny.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Why do you think they disappeared in the late 90's? Everyone got too P.C. Speedy Gonzalez? That's only ONE.

It sucks too, people need to lighten up. Those cartoons were funny, even to me today.
Three Stooges, too - brutal.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Saunders and Therien naturally get away with more because it's radio. That doesn't make a given joke necessarily more acceptable, I'm just saying. It's the same reason Larry Andersen got moved to exclusively radio.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:18 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
It's interesting how, as time marches on, it becomes ok to joke about tragedies of the past. People make Hitler jokes all the time, but I'm sure no one was joking about him in the '40's and '50's. And these days, one could openly crack a joke about the Titanic without anyone batting an eyelash, although that surely wouldn't have been ok 70 or 80 years ago. I'll bet you that 40 or 50 years from now, it becomes fairly commonplace for 9/11 to find it's way into jokes, and it won't be considered even remotely as distasteful as it would now. Just seems to be the way it goes...a lot of people are comfortable joking about tragedies of the past when they weren't alive for it or are a generation or so removed.
I remember about a theme park ride that is a water slide shaped like the titanic going down. whats next, consentration camp carnivals? 9-11 themed roller coasters? Cmon theres a ****ing line. Jokes a joke but being distasteful is being distasteful.

Those guys are supposed to be professional, and are held to a higher standard because of that, and joking about a man dying isnt professional. I found Bob Griese's comments about Montoya funny, but also unprofessional. gotta be a grown up if ur gonna be in the media because EVERYONE is watching

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 06:48 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
"Put Your Head Down and Skate" or something like that right? I read a chapter in Barnes & Nobles while I was waiting for someone a while ago. Seemed funny enough. I haven't read for pleasure in forever.
It was a quick read, but funny to not only hear that he busts on himself the whole time, but how the hell he made it to the NHL. In a time where players were going to the gym every day with a balanced diet to try to stay one-up on everyone, he'd just go play hockey, then have a few beers and buffalo wings and call it a night. Really short, and kind of expensive, but worth it if you ever have a spare $15 hanging around.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
It was a quick read, but funny to not only hear that he busts on himself the whole time, but how the hell he made it to the NHL. In a time where players were going to the gym every day with a balanced diet to try to stay one-up on everyone, he'd just go play hockey, then have a few beers and buffalo wings and call it a night. Really short, and kind of expensive, but worth it if you ever have a spare $15 hanging around.
almost made me pick up my skates and give it a go lmfao.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote