HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Doughty Makes the Canadian Olympic Team!

Old
12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
JDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Moreso Smyth than Doughty. Doughty's young and a horse on the blueline, but Smyth only has so much gas left...I want every iota of his energy for the regualr season and beyond.
I'm good with this.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Doughty playing with Niedermeyer and Pronger...there is something so right and so wrong with that

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Are people serious about Phaneuf being snubbed? I almost can't believe what I am reading on the web. He has been on the decline for 3 seasons. I can't remember the last player I saw in this league that is more overpaid and overrated.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:53 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Team Canada's brass met Tuesday until midnight, and the most discussed topic was the seventh defenceman, according to TSN analyst Pierre McGuire. The two players they were talking about: Doughty and Bouwmeester.
Looks like it was a really tough decision on the 7th dman.

Congrats to Doughty! To beat out a player like Bouwmeester. And Green.

zeppelin97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 05:27 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
They're busy praying he comes back healthy. At least that's what I'm doing.

I'm happy for him, but if I had my way I'd ban anyone on the Kings from participating in the Olympics, WJC's... any of these tournaments. What's more important for this team's overall development? That a few guys win a medal playing against each other, or that the whole team makes the playoffs?

This team has GOT to get back into the playoffs ASAP. Doing it this season isn't critical, but given their start, it'd be devastating to the team if they didn't make it... and it would make the climb next season even harder.

If Doughty gets hurt... we're ****ed this year. The Olympics are one giant risk factor I would give anything to eliminate.

I see your point, considering the Kings have been in the playoffs in a long time, but from a young players stand point, how could you not learn anything from the players in that room? Look at top 2 D that the team has, Neidemyier and Pronger, 2 players that will end up in the HOF. Broduer? There is no way he could ever gain that experience and knowledge with the Kings. So many leaders, and he will become one on the Kings after this and he in only 20. Look at Iginla. Until he made the team in 02, he was a bubble player. He is now considered one of Canada's best players. How many C's and A's are on that team? There is no comparison. He also beat out alot of good D-men to get the 7th spot.

Putting that Team Canada sweater is such a privledge to all Canadian hockey players, what Doughty just did was pretty hard. I guess we have been spoiled over the years. The players that were left off would make a great 2nd team that most countries would have trouble with as well.
Not sure how big these type of tourneys are in the US and how many people actually watch them, but as you all know, these best on best are just huge up here. If you thought the win in 02 was big, multply that 100x this time around if Canada wins on home ice.

Everybody here in Vancouver is talking about the Olympics and how it is such a big event that will open in about 6 weeks, but mark my words, to most Canadians, even if we have the most medals out of all the countries, it wont mean anything unless the Men's hockey wins the gold. That is bigger than any Cup run any team will face, maybe in the history of the NHL ever.
If Doughty can survive in this pressure cooker, than when he comes back to the Kings, the Kings will have won just by letting him go. He will come back and just be a beast.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 05:48 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

20 year old, Canadian defensemen. If anyone doubts how good this kid is, how good people think he can be look no further than this bid.

Holy Crap! Way to go Drew! To think I wanted Stamkos over you. I didn't care all that much. Not that big of deal. I wanted 1st overall, but at 2nd you were a STEAL!

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
I see your point, considering the Kings have been in the playoffs in a long time, but from a young players stand point, how could you not learn anything from the players in that room? Look at top 2 D that the team has, Neidemyier and Pronger, 2 players that will end up in the HOF. Broduer? There is no way he could ever gain that experience and knowledge with the Kings. So many leaders, and he will become one on the Kings after this and he in only 20. Look at Iginla. Until he made the team in 02, he was a bubble player. He is now considered one of Canada's best players. How many C's and A's are on that team? There is no comparison. He also beat out alot of good D-men to get the 7th spot.

Putting that Team Canada sweater is such a privledge to all Canadian hockey players, what Doughty just did was pretty hard. I guess we have been spoiled over the years. The players that were left off would make a great 2nd team that most countries would have trouble with as well.
Not sure how big these type of tourneys are in the US and how many people actually watch them, but as you all know, these best on best are just huge up here. If you thought the win in 02 was big, multply that 100x this time around if Canada wins on home ice.

Everybody here in Vancouver is talking about the Olympics and how it is such a big event that will open in about 6 weeks, but mark my words, to most Canadians, even if we have the most medals out of all the countries, it wont mean anything unless the Men's hockey wins the gold. That is bigger than any Cup run any team will face, maybe in the history of the NHL ever.
If Doughty can survive in this pressure cooker, than when he comes back to the Kings, the Kings will have won just by letting him go. He will come back and just be a beast.
You're talking to Kings fans, the Schelprock's of the league. If DD comes back home at all, I'd be mighty proud. But, but..Knowing our luck, he won't come back at all. Damaged if we're lucky, cause' ours is pretty sucky.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote