HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/31/09 Montreal @ Florida 5PM RDS/FS-F

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Prove it.

You mean Halak got more starts after he cried to Gainey? Then yes..
It's been proven in at least 2 other threads. Price is no longer the default goaltender so this decision should not be a surprise.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Cause what if we win tonight? Price sits again Sunday? Or is it suddenly you win, you sit?
You've been crying in all the threads. Can we atleast agree that Halak is atleast as good as Price? If that's the case then I would rather play the fresh goalie. It's a great luxury to have and you better enjoy it before Halak gets traded! Also as a goalie you need to be SHARP EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Mistakes are much more costly. A forward can afford to float or take a couple of shifts off without it hurting the team. That's the difference between a goalie and a forward.

Also reposting my question from another thread: the dogs are playing tonight right? If MaxPac is not going to be playing with the team why not send him down for some much needed playing time instead of brushing up on his paper airplane making skills!?

Old
12-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
It's been proven in at least 2 other threads. Price is no longer the default goaltender so this decision should not be a surprise.
If you're talking about the infamouse Halak to Flyers thread, I've seen the stats there and they don't prove squat sorry, even the poster in question came to the conclusion that it doesn't favor either of them, but people will believe what they want I suppose can't change that. Unless you're tlaking about something else then you need to pass me the link.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
You poor bastidge, you have to work tonight? Do you want me to call your boss saying that you have some mysterious 24 hour flu?
Would you? That'd be awesome!

Old
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Would you? That'd be awesome!
For you Natey, no problem. Nobody should have to work tonight. Well except for airline pilots and people that are going to be serving me food and drinks later this evening.

12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
If you're talking about the infamouse Halak to Flyers thread, I've seen the stats there and they don't prove squat sorry, even the poster in question came to the conclusion that it doesn't favor either of them, but people will believe what they want I suppose can't change that. Unless you're tlaking about something else then you need to pass me the link.
All he is saying is that both goalies have played well this season and both goalies are giving us a chance to win.

Why play Price, who has lost in at least 1 (maybe 2?) back-to-back game situations already this year? We have a fresh goalie on the bench who has let in 9 goals in his last 5 games (good for a GAA around 1.78). Not saying he's better, I never do. Just saying that he's at least as good as Price right now.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
All he is saying is that both goalies have played well this season and both goalies are giving us a chance to win.

Why play Price, who has lost in at least 1 (maybe 2?) back-to-back game situations already this year? We have a fresh goalie on the bench who has let in 9 goals in his last 5 games (good for a GAA around 1.78). Not saying he's better, I never do. Just saying that he's at least as good as Price right now.
Read my first post, I never wanted to get into a debate in the first place, but I'm not going to stand by idle and watch as people take advantage of Halak's start to say he is > Price, and I stated that I was fine with Halak starting tonight. He's the reason this road trip was so successful as someone said and deserves to close it.

Here's to a good game, cheers

Old
12-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Andy

Second time Price steals us a game then we go with Halak, like we did earlier in the year when he gave the Calgary game to Halak.

Wtv.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I'm fine with the decision.

Both goalies have been fantastic this year. No need to put Price in nets less than 24 hours after the last game.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
InglewoodJack

Good choice with Halak. Price was remarkable, but we can't forget that what will probably be over 70 shots in less than one full day is too much for any goalie. I expect another great performance, in a great Halak/Price battle.
3-1 Habbies.
D'Ago scores.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Good choice with Halak. Price was remarkable, but we can't forget that what will probably be over 70 shots in less than one full day is too much for any goalie. I expect another great performance, in a great Halak/Price battle.
3-1 Habbies.
D'Ago scores.
We need this from him, as from Lapierre. Both were playing with fire last night, hopefully it goes in this time.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
At least for now the Flyers can hold off trading for Halak. They won their last 4 games with Leighton in goal. That seems to leave Detroit as the only plausible trading partner but the Red Wings would have less to offer the Habs in return. In the meantime the Habs can make use of both (although not at the same time .

Old
12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
At least for now the Flyers can hold off trading for Halak. They won their last 4 games with Leighton in goal. That seems to leave Detroit as the only plausible trading partner but the Red Wings would have less to offer the Habs in return. In the meantime the Habs can make use of both (although not at the same time .
Fine by me, Halak will have more value at the end of the season when all is said and done, and in the meantime, I agree with you, he is a million times more useful to us as this is a season where we rely heavily on golatending it seems and he is half of that. I expect him to win tonight - he always wanted to be a starter well here's a stretch where he actually WAS our starter and did marvelous, so he should be very motivated.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Second time Price steals us a game then we go with Halak, like we did earlier in the year when he gave the Calgary game to Halak.

Wtv.
first game in 3 that Price doesn't give a CP freebie and we're now calling it a "steal".

Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
PacoXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
I forsee a lot of Price/Halak whining in this GDT. (Moreso than usual)
Boy did this guy get it right.

Man you opened the door and everybody else just walked right in.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post

Man I hope nobody gets injured from our team...Gomez yesterday made me worried when he had trouble walking off to the bench I was like ''AHHH MAN NOT AGAIN''

:
Yeah same here

Old
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoXIII View Post

That's precisely who I blame

Master Baiter I Say

Old
12-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Markov4Captain

Quote:
first game in 3 that Price doesn't give a CP freebie and we're now calling it a "steal".
By reading your other comments, i find it kind of funny that you get annoyed bu CP's fans who always seem to protect him, but you don't realize that your not any different, and by nitpicking on Price every chance you get, your not any better.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Yes because clearly our team played a spectacular game yesterday. We would have won with Stephan Fiset in goal yesterday that's how well he played.

Halak let in a couple of softies during his wins as well, I don't see what you're getting at. Why can't you be happy that we have 2 good goalies?

Price deserves to play today, but Halak will get the start and Price will get Buffalo since Halak's performances against Buffalo have been quite poor.

Price stole the game yesterday, especially in the 3rd he made some huge saves that allowed us to take the game into OT. But I know who you are, you don't like Price it's quite clear it's over a year that you get to bash him any chance you get.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Won't be here for the game, going over to the family-in-law's for New Year's. I'll get to watch the game, but no posts from me tonight as I won't have access to a computer.

Go Habs Go!

Old
12-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yes because clearly our team played a spectacular game yesterday. We would have won with Stephan Fiset in goal yesterday that's how well he played.

Halak let in a couple of softies during his wins as well, I don't see what you're getting at. Why can't you be happy that we have 2 good goalies?

Price deserves to play today, but Halak will get the start and Price will get Buffalo since Halak's performances against Buffalo have been quite poor.
Price stole the game yesterday, especially in the 3rd he made some huge saves that allowed us to take the game into OT.
What an excellent point. We beat Buffalo in the season opener(?) but since then it's been pretty one-sided with only Carey Price and Andrei Kostitsyn that showed up.

Old
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoXIII View Post

Sometimes I think I can see into the future....haha
Girl by the way

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
first game in 3 the team in front of him scored more than 1 goal. interesting what you choose to take out of games.

Old
twenty7

Eh Oh GO HABS GO

Old
totalrecall

That 5 pm game is blessing in disguise. That means It will start at only 1 am for me (instead 3 am).

Since the game will start at January 1st, 2010 (for me), I wanna wish you all a happy new year!

Closed Thread