HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets post questions for the Beat writers to ask players...

Old
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Lets post questions for the Beat writers to ask players...

Brooksy, Zip, Gross whoever.... please ask these questions directly to the appropriate players in the new Year.

Chris Drury: "now that the "Drury era" is well under way on Broadway how do you react to the team looking like they are disinterested in playing hockey anymore"?

Do you feel the role of captain is over emphasized in todays NHL? When we hear the scuttle that the NY Rangers are more a country club atmosphere than a professional sports franchise, does that reflect on your captaincy and ability to lead the team? Or is it someone elses fault? What do you think Chris? We'd really like to know. Can you please give us a sincere answer that is not a hockey cliche'?

Thanks

12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
I think smoke would pour out of his ears and he'd sag like a puppet with cut strings were he to attempt to field a question like that.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
I think smoke would pour out of his ears and he'd sag like a puppet with cut strings were he to attempt to field a question like that.

I would deem that an acceptable answer. At least the question would be right out there.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Henrik Lundqvist " Henrik, when a goaltender consistently gets knocked around by the opposing team like you do, when guys on the other team seem to have an easy time crowding down on your crease while your defenesmen kind of just stand there... do you ever have any one on one conversations with the blueliners about your safety and their role in those situations?

Do you tell them , don't worry about it?

Does it just get addressed by the coaching staff halfway through a sleepy video session later that week?

I know you are a humble guy of sorts, but do your teammates realize the important role you play to this team on a nightly basis?

Old
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Here's a nice one.

Mr. Sather, you have had 10+ seasons as the Rangers General Manager. You've won just 2 playoff series during that time. The team is regressing on a yearly basis (much like your mental health) Can you honestly say that your tenure here in NY was a success?

Additionally, when you made the comment about never losing a game if you had the Rangers budget, were you being sarcastic?

Your GM has fired 4 coaches in 10 years, he has signed and traded numerous players during his stay (each with varying degrees of both succes and faliure)....at what point do you as President of the Rangers decided that enough is enough and remove what can only be the real source of the problem facing this franchise?

Finally.

"The team has wasted so many 1st round draft picks on players that pretty much have done nothing to help this franchise. Can you please provide the Garden Faithful some insight into the qualities that you look for in a player that you will be making your 1st selection in any draft year?

Reason I ask is because I am writing a "How NOT TO DRAFT" book and you are the guideline I am using.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'd like to someone to ask Ales Kotalik if he's ever actually watched a hockey game, or ever listened to a single word a coach has ever told him in his life.

If he has, the next question should be if he was ever dropped on his head as a child.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Nick00

To Redden:

"Why do you refuse to hit or play with any kind of physical edge whatsoever?
If you suffer from some type of bone disease or something, tell us now and seek treatment so as to save yourself from further embarrassment."

"Is it fair to assume that you would still be outmuscled were you to play in a Women's hockey league?"

"Is it true that Lundqvist is often forced to protect you around the goal crease?"

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:18 PM
haveandare

This is a great thread!

First, for Gaborik: "I thought you couldn't possibly be anymore of the man than you were in Minnesota, and yet here you are. How are you so good despite always having a pretty mediocre supporting cast? Do you ever think about your potential if you were on a line with other elite world class players?"

But, seriously, I would love to hear someone ask Redden the questions that we all want to hear such as, "Its no secret that you're contract is very large and your play this season in particular has not been the type of play that one expects from a defenseman with that kind of paycheck. Do you feel that your contract contrasted with your play is contributing to the feeling of "entitlement" that Torts was talking about? Do you honestly think that you are playing to a level that justifies your salary? If so, how?"

I mean, this is a pipe dream but the the money this guy makes to play like a 3rd pairing d man is insane. I would love to hear his answers.

I would also like to hear the answers to questions posed above, the Drury and Hank ones in particular. Kotalik is beyond answering questions, he's got to be insane to make the same mistake on the point over and over and over again after watching the team get burned because of it numerous times. He's a lost cause in my opinion.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
chip chipperson*

to marc staal:
its your 4th year in the league when are you going to stop playing like a girl and get tough?

to tortorella:
why does brashear get so much ice time and why does he ever get time on the 2nd and 3rd lines?

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
TomLaidlaw

To Redden:

Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
To Redden:
"Is it true that Lundqvist is often forced to protect you around the goal crease?"
lol thats a good one... I would like to hear the answer to this one

Old
12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
To Redden:

Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
I guess we'll find out the next time he's on the ice for a high-sticking double minor.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
To Redden:

LOL!!!!!!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Torts: John , when you came here you said you were going to change the entitled attitude of the team. That the team would represent the city it plays for. How's that going?