HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New pants feel too big, help

Old
12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
koh19

vCash: 500
New pants feel too big, help

Ok so I bought a new pair of ice hockey pants, the reebok 5k pants senior large, and they feel to big. Had practise today with them and they didn't feel right, felt heavy, had less mobility. I asked a teammate if they looked too big and he said they were ok, just maybe a bit long in front.

For the last 3-4 years, I've had the same shorts (now former shorts)! Between 16-19 years old, I didn't change. I always skated with them open (in between the legs) to increase mobility. I had to change cuz they seemed maybe a bit small but they were completely ripped in between the legs. But my mobility was great.

Maybe it's because my former pants were a little too small and that's why they feel big. I perhaps just need to get used to them.

I maybe should have taken senior medium. Senior L is for waists that measure around 86" to 97". Medium is something like 81" to 91". My waist is 86"-88". Should I change.

When I stand on the ice, they cover about 1/2 to 3/4 of the top of my shin guards.

I know that I should know the best if they're too big or not but taking into account what I've said, what do you think?

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
The front is longer then the back?

I like my pants at the top of my shinners, its all a personal choice though. Some guys like them really high so they look like short shorts.

There is no way your waist is 86" ,do you mean cm?. A senior L is like 34" to 36".

Maybe try some suspenders and tighten em

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

They're too big. You should be in a medium.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 08:40 AM
koh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
They're too big. You should be in a medium.
why?

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 09:06 AM
pfloyd75

As long as they arent falling off of you, I'd think that they were an OK fit. It will probably just take you a bit to get used to them but they'll probably be fine.

pfloyd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 09:58 AM
rinkrat22

every time I have ever gotten new breezers (how about that one boys) they have felt big at first. I think its a combination of a couple of things. You are used to the old broken in ones that have been jammed and folded up how many times into your bag. they have been smashed up against the boards and sat in on the bench. not to mention how much sweat have they absorbed. if the waist is in the correct range once you get a few skates in them you wont even notice it anymore. at first every pair feelsw like you are wearing a barrel. new skates feel foreign at first right. new gloves feel strange until you sweat them all up, right. Just give it time.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
why?
Because your higher estimate of your waist size is a good 3cm within the medium size while the large is made to fit from your largest estimate of your size to a good 9cm bigger? And they seem a little too long as well? Pretty simple. They shouldn't cover much of the top of your shin guards at all; mine never have and I've been playing for 17 years. Plus you're already used to a smaller fit, so since you fall within the size range for the medium, why go bigger?

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote