HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#40 - 12.31.09 | New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 8:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2009, 12:23 PM
  #26
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
If a Rangers loss occurs tonight, a significant move will be made one way or another, whether it is the waiving of a player making more than a million, a trade, or a firing. Bank on it.

That said, the Rangers will win tonight, rather convincingly I think too.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:27 PM
  #27
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,440
vCash: 500
When does the roster freeze end?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:31 PM
  #28
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,865
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
When does the roster freeze end?
It ended at midnight on the 27th, I believe.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
  #29
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Sean Avery for Captain!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
  #30
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
When does the roster freeze end?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=398586
Quote:
Simply stated, it prevents any players on NHL active rosters or injured reserve from being traded, waived or loaned from midnight (local time) Dec. 19 until midnight (local time) on Dec. 27.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:34 PM
  #31
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
"It's a privilege to put this jersey on and play in this city, but I don't know if we know that as a team right now."

"It's a privilege to play for the Rangers and for these fans, especially. The organization treats us too well for us not to give a [expletive], which is exactly the way it was in this game."


Sean gets it.There are a few others, the rest? Not so much.

Playing for an Original Six team, the very bedrock this league is built upon should be considered an honor and a privilege and ******* it they need to start acting like it.

Fire Sather and by hook or crook get JD back here as the GM.
I'm happy to hear that from Avery. Its good to know that someone on this roster has some heart and has their situation in life in perspective. Say what you will about the guy, he's got pride in his team and his city and thats more than a lot of players can say.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
  #32
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
So AOWRanger gets one shot at the GDT and then you pull him…. You’re must be following Torts lead…..

Well what can a fan say after yesterday? I like the Canes announcer (not the blow by blow guy) so if I get HD on the Cane channel, that will be good…..

We’ll see if this team has some Moxie……. I looking for a hell of a rebound and a bunch of “where was this team yesterday” post once the game starts….




PS Happy New Year all....

AOW also made the GDT vs the Sharks and the next game Devils...the turning point in the season

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
  #33
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Kinda OT. Would someone be kind enough to post here the RSS feed address of Rangers Rant?

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Is this?

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/rss_2.0/

or...

thx.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
  #34
morffin
Registered User
 
morffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Only joined the board a few months ago but I cant remember a GDT with so few posts ...I think we...as fans have had enough.

Would love to see Johnson play tonight.

Happy New Year fellow Rangers fans .....all the best in the coming decade.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
  #35
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,638
vCash: 500
Just
Win

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:11 PM
  #36
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Only joined the board a few months ago but I cant remember a GDT with so few posts ...I think we...as fans have had enough.

Would love to see Johnson play tonight.

Happy New Year fellow Rangers fans .....all the best in the coming decade.
- It's New Years Eve... that's probably why.

- Lundqvist will play tonight. Torts stated that in the Post Game Interview, yesterday.

- Happy New Year!

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:15 PM
  #37
AJRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Country: England
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
New year, new Rangers. Let's Go.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:15 PM
  #38
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
"It's a privilege to put this jersey on and play in this city, but I don't know if we know that as a team right now."

"It's a privilege to play for the Rangers and for these fans, especially. The organization treats us too well for us not to give a [expletive], which is exactly the way it was in this game."


Sean gets it.There are a few others, the rest? Not so much.

Playing for an Original Six team, the very bedrock this league is built upon should be considered an honor and a privilege and ******* it they need to start acting like it.

Fire Sather and by hook or crook get JD back here as the GM.
Good for Sean, too bad the rest of the team doesn't realize this.

I always hated the notion that the Rangers have a bunch of players who are mercenaries merely skating around for a paycheck, but that's the way they looked last night.

Every few games, complacency sets in and the team comes out flat. And the most disturbing thing is that a lot of these stinkers are on home ice. I guess the Garden crowd could be more supportive but it's hard to get into the game when the team is playing lackadaisically on their first shift.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
  #39
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Only joined the board a few months ago but I cant remember a GDT with so few posts ...I think we...as fans have had enough.

Would love to see Johnson play tonight.

Happy New Year fellow Rangers fans .....all the best in the coming decade.
New Years Eve combined with last nights uber-suckage is a pretty good recipe to keep people away from the board.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 02:56 PM
  #40
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Only joined the board a few months ago but I cant remember a GDT with so few posts ...I think we...as fans have had enough.

Would love to see Johnson play tonight.

Happy New Year fellow Rangers fans .....all the best in the coming decade.
Longtime Ranger fans can see a team with no heart, no direction, a mile away. We've dealt with parts of the 70's,80's and imo the most embarrassing years ever for this franchise. 1998-2004.

We can deal with losing (sometimes). We can't deal with a team that refuses to compete. I know I won't.

Will always root for the Rangers, but with the Center Ice Package I will spend more time watching (not rooting) for teams that come to play, and come to play hard.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 03:22 PM
  #41
Nick00
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
If a Rangers loss occurs tonight, a significant move will be made one way or another, whether it is the waiving of a player making more than a million, a trade, or a firing. Bank on it.

That said, the Rangers will win tonight, rather convincingly I think too.
I agree on both predictions.
I think that they'll come out very aggressive and overwhelm Carolina in the 1st period, score a couple of goals and hang on to the lead for the rest of the game.
3-1 Rangers

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
  #42
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Lets GO Rangers!!

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
  #43
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
A. Lets win.
B. Lets get Gaborik scoring again.
C. Lets get MDZ's abysmal +/- up.
D. Lets win.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM
  #44
djmnyc
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Astoria, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to djmnyc
new to board ... long time ranger fan

Hello fellow blueshirt fans.

This is my first post. I've been a diehard Ranger fan for close to 25yrs now, but just found this board.

Man ... it is extremely painful being a ny sports fan right now having both my NY Giants and Rangers quit and play with no heart or pride in their last games.

I joined this board after the pathetic game against the Icelanders on Dec 16th. After that game, I was fuming, and found some comfort reading on this board about the "major changes" that were spoken about - the rumors of Sather being fired if they lost the next game, the scratches, demotions, etc.

As others have said over and over in this thread, we just don't have the horses to compete. BUT, all I ask for is for my NY Rangers to show some f'ing heart and compete night in and night out. Is that too much to ask for???? I don't care if they lose 6-0, as long as they're playing hard, win some battles, and stick up for one another. These Rangers don't do that consistently at all. It's really sad to watch.

I'll watch tonight as I always do ... but I'm sick and tired of the same formula year after year.

Here's to yet another year of a mediocre, underachieving, over-paid blueshirt squad. Ugh.

Happy New Year fellow blueshirt sufferers.

djmnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
  #45
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmnyc View Post
Hello fellow blueshirt fans.

This is my first post. I've been a diehard Ranger fan for close to 25yrs now, but just found this board.

Man ... it is extremely painful being a ny sports fan right now having both my NY Giants and Rangers quit and play with no heart or pride in their last games.

I joined this board after the pathetic game against the Icelanders on Dec 16th. After that game, I was fuming, and found some comfort reading on this board about the "major changes" that were spoken about - the rumors of Sather being fired if they lost the next game, the scratches, demotions, etc.

As others have said over and over in this thread, we just don't have the horses to compete. BUT, all I ask for is for my NY Rangers to show some f'ing heart and compete night in and night out. Is that too much to ask for???? I don't care if they lose 6-0, as long as they're playing hard, win some battles, and stick up for one another. These Rangers don't do that consistently at all. It's really sad to watch.

I'll watch tonight as I always do ... but I'm sick and tired of the same formula year after year.

Here's to yet another year of a mediocre, underachieving, over-paid blueshirt squad. Ugh.

Happy New Year fellow blueshirt sufferers.
welcome sir!!

&nddd we feel the same .

happy new years =D

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:20 PM
  #46
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
We have a pretty good record on new years I think. They will show up tonight but Hank will still have to steal the show.

Rangers 3
Canes 2

Lisin shoot out winner.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
  #47
BroadwayLocal
 
BroadwayLocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near "The End"
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Rangers' New Year's Resolution:

Play hard!! Don't mail it in every fourth game (and then play lousy again for the the next three.)

Please.


LGR!

BroadwayLocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
  #48
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
"It's a privilege to put this jersey on and play in this city, but I don't know if we know that as a team right now."

"It's a privilege to play for the Rangers and for these fans, especially. The organization treats us too well for us not to give a [expletive], which is exactly the way it was in this game."


Sean gets it.There are a few others, the rest? Not so much.

Playing for an Original Six team, the very bedrock this league is built upon should be considered an honor and a privilege and ******* it they need to start acting like it.

Fire Sather and by hook or crook get JD back here as the GM.
I don't think JD is such a great GM. I remember many occasions in which he could not pronounce young players names. Yeah, he's got great contacts throughout the league but they will not help him when he is the competition.

He's had the benefit of an organization that has tremendous resources ($$$) and will allow the team to falter in the current, not sacrifice the "future" to make the present mediocre.

He's gotten pretty high draft choices.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
  #49
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Just win

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
  #50
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS
 
ryan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
if they win....we'll all be happy
if they lose...we'll be too drunk to care

its a win win!

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.