Notices

Thrashers @ Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2009, 09:55 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
So i guess 9 game point streaks mean absolutely nothing? When Ovechkin (superstar) has off nights, there players step up. Unfortunately Little is garbage right now. Kozlov is garbage right now. Peverley is a ghost.

Old
12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
PHYS251

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf7 View Post
For the sake of the team and the fans give Kovy a deadline. Sign him or get him the hell outta here.
This.

Better to ship him off for something we could use (*cough* DEFENSE *cough*) in return, than to have this thing continue to draw out like this.

Old
12-30-2009, 10:37 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

and especially

whew, I feel better now.

Happy New Year.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-30-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
So i guess 9 game point streaks mean absolutely nothing? When Ovechkin (superstar) has off nights, there players step up. Unfortunately Little is garbage right now. Kozlov is garbage right now. Peverley is a ghost.
During this 9 game point streak how many of Kovy goals have given the Thrashers a lead? Answer: 0

How many Game Winners does he have all season? Answer: 1

Kovy is the team captain, all world sniper, 50 goal scoring machine, that is doing a horrible job of leading the franchise.

Little is on pace to score 10 fewer points this season than he did last season.

Peverley is tied for the NHL lead in Game Winning Goals and has proved to be much more clutch than Kovy.

OH....and Kovy makes about 8 times what each of them makes. I'd say that makes what he is not doing a bigger problem than either of them. Right now Pevs is costing this team $15,000 a point, Little $57,000, Kovy....$179,000 a point. Hmmmm, where's the smart money at right now?

Old
12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'm kind of sick of losing...

you can tell the team has given up and i think we all know why. it's hossa 2.0. just move kovy now before the season is lost

Old
12-30-2009, 11:49 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I still don't get it. Kovalchuk is not Gretzky he is not going to score a goal a night. He is coming off a 9 game pt streak. He is the very very least of our problems. Without him we are worse team in NHL and probably getting Taylor Hall. The problem is not him. The problem on offense is the lack of offense by others. We have no secondary weapon. It's just Kovalchuk. This team has 1 pure gifted goal scorer. Little will never be that, Peverley will never be that, Kane will never be that. The team gave up because the coach is doing a poor job of motivation. Coach has failed the team. Not team has failed the coach. The energy put out by this team every night is just weak. So lets move Kovy, lose out becuse it will happen anyway, have a top pick, than blow for 2-5 more seasons. If it's a plan for the coaches being fired than sign me up! actually i don't wanna go through 5 more losing seasons. but actually with these coaches it will happen anyway. We're just stuck right now ina dilemma. O well i'll still be a die hard no matter what. I just gotta hope the team does the right thing so i can be a die hard and watch them win instead of being one and watching them lose again every year.

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-30-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old
12-31-2009, 12:22 AM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Let’s cut to the chase here.

Kovalchuk will re-sign. It’s just hurting the team that they are still going through the motions with his negotiations. Atlanta’s not going to let Kovy walk.

Book it. They’re going to pay him big money.

Just go ahead and do it Waddell, you and all fans know you’re going to give him what he wants.

The sooner the better Waddell, you dumbass...

Old
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Is it bad that I cared more about the Leafs @ Oilers game than I did about this game?

We're in a free fall. This is disgusting. As much as I hate to say it, Anderson needs to go. We need change.

Old
12-31-2009, 03:40 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm thinking we have a bunch of guys saving their energy for the Olympics right now.

Old
12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
i'm kind of sick of losing...

you can tell the team has given up and i think we all know why. it's hossa 2.0. just move kovy now before the season is lost
This is interesting.....I agree that it looked like your boys did not care much to be even playing last night...nevermind competing.

Its unfortunate. While your team isnt deep there is some talent there that could do better than they are.

Tough decision on Ilya.....the KHL X factor looms large. If you can get 2-3 pieces to improve depth and a top pick then it might be something the franchise must do.

Old
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Tristelune

The only positive thing in see now is that Thrashers tends to play much better after the all-star break.... wait... we don't even have a all star this season...

Old
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
hockey momma

I am hopeful 2010 will bring more W's for the Thrashers. Try not to be too negative folks especially one certain individual who basically hates everyone right now.

Old
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Sorry I haven't posted much recently, I'm having trouble finding the effort to analyze a team having trouble finding the effort to play hockey. The Boston game was the worst attempt at hockey we've put out all season- glad Pavelec got pulled quickly (for the love of God get MacIntyre up here already you dumb ********), and glad we got shut out instead of it looking close by some flukiness.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like MacIntyre is getting trashed in the AHL this year. Call Manny Fernandez?

Old
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

if pavelec starts one more game before hedberg has started 10 i'm going to rip something. i'm sick of watching him let in soft goals, sick of the team playing horribly in front of him, and sick of eliot talking about him "battling." he's been "battling" every game he's played this season and has a losing record. if he was such a great "batteler" he would have a save percentage over .905. he was good at the start of the season but he's been a scared puppy since thanksgiving. i'm sick of it.

as for kovalchuk his play isn't the problem, it's the fact that he's the captain and he's supposed to be 50% of the motivation factor. remember when he used to cheer on his teammates and get fired up after he scored? remember how good we were when he did that? notice how bad we are sine he stopped doing that? teams don't play well when their captain has given up on them.

Closed Thread