HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Two-piece help

Old
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
blueberrydanish

vCash: 500
Two-piece help

So finally put my first two-piece together and I was just wanting to double check something.

I heated up the shaft where blade goes in and the part of the blade that slides into the shaft with the glue. When I went to push in the blade it didnt go quite easy at first and pushed up alotta the glue, had to reheat the shaft and blade real fast to slip it in all the way and there was a fair bit of excess glue at the joint and I let it dry a little then wiped it off.

My concern is that is it normal to have all that excess glue? Just curious cause I hope I didnt take too much off from the inside when it wouldnt slide in easily at first.

Thanks for the replies.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Elshupacabra

How does the blade feel? is it tight in there or is there some movement? You wouldn't want it to be TOO easy to push in, you want to have a nice solid connection there.

If everything seems tight and stiff then I'd say you're all set. If it's loose at all then you simply need to heat up the shaft again and pull the blade out. Then you can try putting on a piece of tape over the glue end of the blade and then applying more glue to the outside of the tape...just to shim up that space a little bit.

Elshupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 11:05 AM
blueberrydanish

Feels pretty solid really, holding in there. Just wanted to see if some of the glue commin up like that is normal, definitely a nice snug fit into the shaft though.

Old
12-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Elshupacabra

Sounds like you're golden. Some glue coming up is to be expected and if it does turn out to be a problem then it's not too hard to fix!

Elshupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
blueberrydanish

Cool, thanks =]

Old
12-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
Feels pretty solid really, holding in there. Just wanted to see if some of the glue commin up like that is normal, definitely a nice snug fit into the shaft though.
If you are getting a lot of glue being squeegied out when sliding the blade in and it goes in tightly that means it fits well. You should be worried if you have plenty of glue and after sliding it in do not see very much overflow.

The hosel doesn't need that much glue to stay in there.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:23 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Yeah, it's good. I've even had bits of paint scraped off. The tighter, the better.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote