HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

6-1-0 on road trip

Old
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Very good game overall,usually the Panthers and Habs play some really boring games,last night was good and Thank God the offence showed up cause Halak wasn't great.I think he preffers when we leave him alone to save 50+shots then when we actually score for him

Anyways I'm really happy to see that with a full healthy lineup we will not be a very easy team to play against.Gomez is really playing well since this road trip began and if he can keep it up me thinks we could challenge for 1st in our division

Go Habs Go

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Did not watch the game but happy with the result.

If I look at the standings I really think we could climb more, Ottawa sucks on the road and they play most of their second half on the road.

Last edited by HH: 01-01-2010 at 11:46 AM.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:45 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

great road trip
lets hope they can keep this up through out the rest of the season

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

All of them were teams we HAD to beat. That were behind or real close to us in the standings and that were beatable. And so we did. It's great to know that you can beat them but you actually have to do it so there's nothing wrong with beating weaker teams than yours. Kudos to the team who showed a lot of character during this trip.

A real test coming though Sunday with the 1st game at home coming from a road trip (never easy) and a better team than any of the teams we've faced in this trip. If we can have 1 point out of that scenario, it will be great. I hope people won't be too hard on the boys.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
habsfan56

lets just hope that the days of 40+ shots are behind us

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
All of them were teams we HAD to beat. That were behind or real close to us in the standings and that were beatable. And so we did. It's great to know that you can beat them but you actually have to do it so there's nothing wrong with beating weaker teams than yours. Kudos to the team who showed a lot of character during this trip.

A real test coming though Sunday with the 1st game at home coming from a road trip (never easy) and a better team than any of the teams we've faced in this trip. If we can have 1 point out of that scenario, it will be great. I hope people won't be too hard on the boys.
Unlike last year's team that played fantastic games against Detroit, San Jose and Vancouver but **** the bed against teams like the Islanders and Tampa Bay.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Unlike last year's team that played fantastic games against Detroit, San Jose and Vancouver but **** the bed against teams like the Islanders and Tampa Bay.
That's leadership and experience, and good coaching (preparation).

No one should underestimate the kind of leadership a guy like Brian Gionta brings to the table in this kind of situation. He is a guy that's played a system his whole career, and never deviated from it. The guy knows how to get prepared for a game, and it's contagious in the locker room. He knows better then to take teams lightly, as most experienced guys do as well.

Last year the team had a floater like Kovalev as a de-facto leader, you need workers to lead the way and that's exactly what we have. Leadership will never be a problem on this team now.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieuxfan1 View Post
That's leadership and experience, and good coaching (preparation).

No one should underestimate the kind of leadership a guy like Brian Gionta brings to the table in this kind of situation. He is a guy that's played a system his whole career, and never deviated from it. The guy knows how to get prepared for a game, and it's contagious in the locker room. He knows better then to take teams lightly, as most experienced guys do as well.

Last year the team had a floater like Kovalev as a de-facto leader, you need workers to lead the way and that's exactly what we have. Leadership will never be a problem on this team now.
yes am i glad we got a change of philosophy this year

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Very good game overall,usually the Panthers and Habs play some really boring games,last night was good and Thank God the offence showed up cause Halak wasn't great.I think he preffers when we leave him alone to save 50+shots then when we actually score for him

Anyways I'm really happy to see that with a full healthy lineup we will not be a very easy team to play against.Gomez is really playing well since this road trip began and if he can keep it up me thinks we could challenge for 1st in our division

Go Habs Go
Let's try to make the playoffs. That's gonna be a good start.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote