HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Lukowich (Vcr) and Brandon Bochenski (TB) on re-entry waivers.

Old
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Brad Lukowich (Vcr) and Brandon Bochenski (TB) on re-entry waivers.

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Bob was late today

Lukowich is owed $819,861.48

$409,930.74 each team

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Wetcoaster

On Lukowich:

With Bieksa having his lacerated upper ankle (rumoured to be serious - months not weeks) and Mathieu Schneider being waived for his diva act, the Canucks need the experience and depth Lukowich will provide. Pretty big gamble however that he makes it through re-entry waivers.

I expect the initial plan was to recall Lukowich after the trade deadline when he would have an excellent chance of clearing waivers but now...

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Rschmitz

The Lightning also signed goalie prospect Jaroslav Janus to a pro contract. There is no way they would do this to split time between him, tokarski, and helenius.

....if your looking for signs of an impending trade, look no further.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
bobbyb2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
The Lightning also signed goalie prospect Jaroslav Janus to a pro contract. There is no way they would do this to split time between him, tokarski, and helenius.

Are you suggesting any trade or hinting at a trade between these two teams???... for who?

bobbyb2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

"No way he'll clear". Hoping reverse psychology works...we need Lukowich badly on the back end at this point.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Sony Eriksson*

I think Dallas will sign Lukowich since he is already playing for the Texas Stars. He has played great for the Stars Minor league team.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

shhhh, we are trying to sneak Luko through while most GMs are probably really hungover from NYE!

Trends Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb2009 View Post
Are you suggesting any trade or hinting at a trade between these two teams???... for who?
Not between these two teams, but it looks like the Lightning are going to make a deal.

Old
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Hawksfan12*

How long is Luko's contract? I could see Chicago picking him up.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Not between these two teams, but it looks like the Lightning are going to make a deal.
What will they deal?

Old
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

Are any of the goalies in Tampa's system ready for NHL action, or is it more likely that one of those three is dealt, and not say, Mike Smith?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
How long is Luko's contract? I could see Chicago picking him up.
UFA after this year. Any team picking him up will be on the hook for around $400K. I'd be surprised if he isn't claimed, but with the Canucks' issues on defense at the moment, it's a move Gillis had to try.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Oblivion

I'll say I fully anticipate Lukowich to clear, which is good for the Canucks because I think he's more valuable to them given they need an NH calibre defenseman right now and Lukowich is just that.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
UFA after this year. Any team picking him up will be on the hook for around $400K. I'd be surprised if he isn't claimed, but with the Canucks' issues on defense at the moment, it's a move Gillis had to try.
I could see Chicago def. picking him up then ; assuming he fits under the cap (which I think he would with Burish and Bolland out and on IR I believe)

Old
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Are any of the goalies in Tampa's system ready for NHL action, or is it more likely that one of those three is dealt, and not say, Mike Smith?
You can argue that Helenius and Tokarski are ready for action but thats kind of debatable.

I'm thinking they're actually going to let one of them go, assuming Helenius since he was a pick of the "old guard" so to speak.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
bassassin

Quote:
None of those 3 goalies are NHL ready yet. One of Tokarski or Helenius will probably get the backup job next year. But I dont think they are ready this year. If one were to be traded it would probably be Helenius () as he is from the old regime. And the other 2 have been so damn good. But also if one were to be the backup this year I would say it probably would be Helenius.

So could be a move as Niitty is out for a while, or a trade to cut down dmen or for Tanguay...who knows so many possibilities.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
That is a possibility. However, you would think that one of them would be called up for NHL action if that were the case.

The delay in announcing a trade could be because some players are already in action today. Perhaps one of Boston or Philidelphia, both of whom are looking to shake things up, are in the mix.

This is pure speculation of course...but it makes sense. There is no logic behind the Lightning signing Janus to a pro-contract and the three prospects splitting time, nor have any injuries been announced for the Lightning to have the need to call up Bochenski.

Old
01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
OH please god let luko clear

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Although I wouldn't completely rule out a trade, I'm more likely to believe that the contract doesn't actually start until the 10-11 season.

Jan 1 is the first day that you can sign a contract for the upcoming season. Tokarski had "signed" months before playing his first professional game, just as Lecavalier's massive resigning announcement had to wait until the new year before it could be public.

They'll probably just reassign him to Erie. The Lightning won't lose a year on his entry level contract as he won't play the 11 games.

Next season, well, who knows. Niitty may want too much, and will walk, or it's a signing like they did with Lukas Krajicek. Oversign players early on and then figure out what you do with them later.

The Lightning don't really have much of a choice as Janus is an overage player, and is done with juniors after this season either way.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Although I wouldn't completely rule out a trade, I'm more likely to believe that the contract doesn't actually start until the 10-11 season.

Jan 1 is the first day that you can sign a contract for the upcoming season. Tokarski had "signed" months before playing his first professional game, just as Lecavalier's massive resigning announcement had to wait until the new year before it could be public.

They'll probably just reassign him to Erie. The Lightning won't lose a year on his entry level contract as he won't play the 11 games.

Next season, well, who knows. Niitty may want too much, and will walk, or it's a signing like they did with Lukas Krajicek. Oversign players early on and then figure out what you do with them later.

The Lightning don't really have much of a choice as Janus is an overage player, and is done with juniors after this season either way.

They have already assigned Janus to the AHL. Something has to give.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I think Dallas will sign Lukowich since he is already playing for the Texas Stars. He has played great for the Stars Minor league team.
this. Lukowich would be a great 6/7 guy and he already knows the system. Would be super cheap, and fit into the "character" locker room that Nieuwendyk is trying to build up. I hope Dallas does claim him if nobody else does.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:28 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
I doubt Dallas claims him. You don't think Gillis and Nieuwendyk have some kind of understanding here? That would be a real dick thing to do after benefiting greatly at the AHL level from Lukowich's experience.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
I doubt Dallas claims him. You don't think Gillis and Nieuwendyk have some kind of understanding here? That would be a real dick thing to do after benefiting greatly at the AHL level from Lukowich's experience.
Gillis didn't even want Lukowich when he first got him - he was packaged in with Ehrhoff in a salary dump trade by San Jose then shuffled down to the AHL the next day. Dallas did Vancouver a favor by letting Lukowich play on their AHL team, not the other way around. If Lukowich makes Dallas a better team (and I say he very well could) then Nieuwendyk better put in a claim for him, or he's neglecting his responsibilities as a general manager.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:37 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
He'd be neglecting his responsibilities as GM by needlessly antagonizing a potential future trading partner.

Why do you even want him as a 6/7? You're a big Woywitka fan. I'm guessing Nieuwendyk isn't going to bail so quickly either on one of "his" signings, as bad as it was.

I also disagree that Gillis didn't want Lukowich -- he wanted him, just originally for the stretch run and the playoffs.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote