HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sathers fat cats are back

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2010, 10:51 AM
  #26
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Great post and 100% right, Chimp!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I don't get this. I really don't. We're talking about reforming the team to become a real team, yet so many of you defend Chris Drury. WHY? He cares. He skates hard. So frigging what? So did Freddy Sjöström, but that didn't help him get a re-sign @700k. So did Betts, but that didn't get him re-signed. You don't get paid for effort, you get paid for performance. At least on most teams who aren't dumb. We have three players paid close to $7m a year on this team. We have Marian Gaborik. We have Henrik Lundqvist. We have Chris Drury. Find one fault.

We are paying a slightly upgraded Chris Higgins, $7m a year to hopefully be 50/50 at faceoffs, play some PK, hog up PP time which he does absolutely nothing with, "care and skate hard" and score a goal once every 12th game or so (if we're lucky). Forget about any sort playmaking, ok? Forget about any sort of line threat on the line he's playing on. Here it's "dump, turn the puck over and chase." Any 4th liner can do that.

We could've had a Heatley-esque kind of player for the money we have thrown at Drury, a glorified 3rd liner at this point in his career. So why the heck do you constantly try to leave Chris Drury out of the "this team needs to be reformed" equation? You don't think Chris Drury is a big reason why this team is terrible offensively and has been so since he arrived? Think again. He's the 2nd threat this team should've had to relieve Gaborik. That's the money we that jackass with the cigar threw at him. I don't care that he's Captain America and is a poster hanging on many bedroom doors (which I have no clue of why really). Because if he's Captain America, you need to raise your standards.

"But Chimp, he has a NTC! He's the Captain!" So? Yashin was bought out, on a team known for collective failure for a long time now. And he was their best scorer! Nylander was forced into AHL, despite having exactly the same clause as Drury.

"But Chimp, the franchise will look like a ********* if they force their NTC captain off the team!" Say what? Let me get this straight... you're afraid of our franchise reputation, because we might chase a player (in a world of cap floors), who is a big part of dragging the team down - despite a heavy loaded contract - into AHL. We are afraid we might lose franchise reputation, because we're actually trying to hold a huge underachiever accountable? If we scare any other mercenaries away, who had plans to come to New York to cash in for a piss poor performance, I'm not exactly sad. I'm not sad either if the message to the other players is: "If you come to New York, we have some sort of expectations that you can man up to the suitcase of dollars we hand you."

But you're apparently not afraid NYR looks like a ******* retirement home, were you have no accountability whatsoever for your salary, expectations or your level of responsiblity. As long as you fool $ather to pay you the dough, you're set for life. Like some kind of top level politician or corporate executive. Hey, if $ather and Drury can't go golfing together after $ather brings out the axe, it's not exactly like I care. $ather was the one who took a huge dump in his own bed, now he can lay in it. If $ather can't do his ****ing job and sort this mess out, because he thinks it feels awkward that Drury might delete him on facebook, he can go to AHL with him.

"Get set for life in the franchise of no accountability! Get your overpayment here!" How the **** are you going to get any attractive players to a team that is set on autopilot for failure anyway? You tell me that.

Why do you think Zherdev was going for top dollar when playing for NYR? You think he would've pulled that stunt if he was playing for Detroit? He sees all those overpaid bums, performing worse than him and he thinks: "Hey! Why should I receive scrums when I'm one of the top players on this team, when they get paid loads of cash for underperforming?" Zherdev wasn't thinking like a Russian, he was thinking and acting like a true New York Ranger. Minimum performance, maximum pay. I can understand his astonishment when $ather wasn't opening the safe. Instead he chose to throw a boatload of cash at Kotalik for sucking. The overpayment dice didn't land on Zherdev this time.

You think the players on all the other teams describe the word "successful" when they get to name the NYR? I think not. They see "$$$! Yeah baby! Because they're rich AND have a clown of a GM there, who pays out contracts like the money isn't his! At random, unfortunately, but hey, take a chance!"

Before we have the word accountability as an integral part of this franchise, from the top (especially the top) to the bottom, we're done for. We can just as well donate the season ticket money to some other retirement home, I'm sure they need it better than the millionares on skates.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
  #27
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I don't get this. I really don't. We're talking about reforming the team to become a real team, yet so many of you defend Chris Drury. WHY? He cares. He skates hard. So frigging what? So did Freddy Sjöström, but that didn't help him get a re-sign @700k. So did Betts, but that didn't get him re-signed. You don't get paid for effort, you get paid for performance. At least on most teams who aren't dumb. We have three players paid close to $7m a year on this team. We have Marian Gaborik. We have Henrik Lundqvist. We have Chris Drury. Find one fault.

We are paying a slightly upgraded Chris Higgins, $7m a year to hopefully be 50/50 at faceoffs, play some PK, hog up PP time which he does absolutely nothing with, "care and skate hard" and score a goal once every 12th game or so (if we're lucky). Forget about any sort playmaking, ok? Forget about any sort of line threat on the line he's playing on. Here it's "dump, turn the puck over and chase." Any 4th liner can do that.

We could've had a Heatley-esque kind of player for the money we have thrown at Drury, a glorified 3rd liner at this point in his career. So why the heck do you constantly try to leave Chris Drury out of the "this team needs to be reformed" equation? You don't think Chris Drury is a big reason why this team is terrible offensively and has been so since he arrived? Think again. He's the 2nd threat this team should've had to relieve Gaborik. That's the money we that jackass with the cigar threw at him. I don't care that he's Captain America and is a poster hanging on many bedroom doors (which I have no clue of why really). Because if he's Captain America, you need to raise your standards.

"But Chimp, he has a NTC! He's the Captain!" So? Yashin was bought out, on a team known for collective failure for a long time now. And he was their best scorer! Nylander was forced into AHL, despite having exactly the same clause as Drury.

"But Chimp, the franchise will look like a ********* if they force their NTC captain off the team!" Say what? Let me get this straight... you're afraid of our franchise reputation, because we might chase a player (in a world of cap floors), who is a big part of dragging the team down - despite a heavy loaded contract - into AHL. We are afraid we might lose franchise reputation, because we're actually trying to hold a huge underachiever accountable? If we scare any other mercenaries away, who had plans to come to New York to cash in for a piss poor performance, I'm not exactly sad. I'm not sad either if the message to the other players is: "If you come to New York, we have some sort of expectations that you can man up to the suitcase of dollars we hand you."

But you're apparently not afraid NYR looks like a ******* retirement home, were you have no accountability whatsoever for your salary, expectations or your level of responsiblity. As long as you fool $ather to pay you the dough, you're set for life. Like some kind of top level politician or corporate executive. Hey, if $ather and Drury can't go golfing together after $ather brings out the axe, it's not exactly like I care. $ather was the one who took a huge dump in his own bed, now he can lay in it. If $ather can't do his ****ing job and sort this mess out, because he thinks it feels awkward that Drury might delete him on facebook, he can go to AHL with him.

"Get set for life in the franchise of no accountability! Get your overpayment here!" How the **** are you going to get any attractive players to a team that is set on autopilot for failure anyway? You tell me that.

Why do you think Zherdev was going for top dollar when playing for NYR? You think he would've pulled that stunt if he was playing for Detroit? He sees all those overpaid bums, performing worse than him and he thinks: "Hey! Why should I receive scrums when I'm one of the top players on this team, when they get paid loads of cash for underperforming?" Zherdev wasn't thinking like a Russian, he was thinking and acting like a true New York Ranger. Minimum performance, maximum pay. I can understand his astonishment when $ather wasn't opening the safe. Instead he chose to throw a boatload of cash at Kotalik for sucking. The overpayment dice didn't land on Zherdev this time.

You think the players on all the other teams describe the word "successful" when they get to name the NYR? I think not. They see "$$$! Yeah baby! Because they're rich AND have a clown of a GM there, who pays out contracts like the money isn't his! At random, unfortunately, but hey, take a chance!"

Before we have the word accountability as an integral part of this franchise, from the top (especially the top) to the bottom, we're done for. We can just as well donate the season ticket money to some other retirement home, I'm sure they need it better than the millionares on skates.

Or what? You leave Captain America out, because his feelings might be hurt? "He tries so hard, yet he fails. We can't blame him for that..." What is this, a hockey forum for New York Rangers (who have a reputation for being hard nosed for some reason) or a forum for kindergarden teachers? You need to throw your money on puppies, not hockey tickets. If Lundqvist would start posting a career .89 save percentage and a 3.30 GAA, or Gaborik scoring 25 goals a year (like a dream coming true for Drury, 25 goals, omg!), it's not exactly like I would defend him with some "but he's trying so hard, give him a break!" Jesus Christ what a bad argument.
The most accurate post I've ever read. I agree on every point and have often wanted to go on my own, similar rant but haven't had the time or words to do so with. Deserves its own thread, right down to the part about Zherdev thinking like a Ranger, not a Russian.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
  #28
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Chimp, outstanding post. I agree 100%.

Just to add to what you said, at what point do we look at Drury and place some blame for the fact that this team quit on Tom Renney last year and seem to be tuning out Torts this year? We turned over a good portion of the roster yet we seem to have the same results. We allow this team to hide behind the fact that they don't have very much talent. Which is true, but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort. Even talentless players can try hard.

Brooks brought up this teams unwillingness to stick up for each other and the example it sets for young players. This is something I mentioned earlier in the year after Drury got knocked out against Calgary. Drury, the Captain of the team, gets blindsided directly in front of Wade Redden. Redden does nothing. Here is our vet D-Man not sticking up for the Captain of the team! What type of example is that for the young D-Men we have on our roster?

You know things are bad when I miss Ryan Hollweg. He may have been clinically insane but the guy cared. He was one of the few guys who actually brought the fight to the other team (Usually in the form of a boarding penalty). As oppose to sitting back and waiting for something to happen and respond. This team doesn't even respond. Run our goalie, knock out our captain...don't worry, we won't do a thing.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:20 AM
  #29
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Great post, chimp

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:20 AM
  #30
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...k1YUBaObA4wTUO

Redden,Rozsival and Brashear are the targets.
Great job Larry!! How do you breed a winning, competitive attitude into a franchise that has veteran leadership like this squad has?

Yesterdays win against the worst team in the league does little to fill the Milky Way sized black hole of complacency an indifference in that lockeroom.

I think some of the close Ranger media have credible insight as to wtf is going on in there.

Wasn't it around 10 years ago that a 6-0 loss at home to the Red Wings got Neil Smith fired??

And as far as Huggy Bear and Carcillo?? Colton Orr would have made a puddle out of Carcillos face at any point the coach patted him on the back to do so. Probably even before that.


Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 01-01-2010 at 12:11 PM.
HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
  #31
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Great post Chimp, and I'm sorry that you have to defend Hank 50 times a game because he doesn't put a .950 SV% every damn game playing behind the what is probably the worst Rangers team since the lockout.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
  #32
ret513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Chimp,

Thank you....Amen!

play for the contract, its all that matters...who cares what sweater you play for. When you get the contract, just laugh when you see coaches turn purple

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:47 AM
  #33
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,499
vCash: 500
Well at least in this thread there seems to be agreement pretty much that Brooks should have included our captain on his list.

Just an opinion but Chris Drury in 07-08 was worth about $4 mil in my estimation. Last year he scored about the same but with all the prolonged slumps (even with more prime time--no more Jagr, Straka etc.) I'd dropped him to $3.25. This year he's going at a rate of being worth about $1.5 which doesn't exactly mean he sucks as a player but he's slipped drastically and his contract certainly does. That the USA Olympic team is still thinking seriously about him is a real head scratcher and doesn't bode well for our team in the coming Olympics but what the hell I think we should be going with kids (like they used to) anyway.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
  #34
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Some people think Drury will be selected to the Olympic team today

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...84955&name=nhl

More reputation and past history which makes you wonder if Drury still has value if the Rangers put him on the market. It's one down season after being a consistent 50-60 point player during his career.

$8 million in 10-11 and $5 million in 11-12

Thats laughable...


could go two ways...

Drury stanks up the team and I guess they will be mailing in the olympic games as well



Drury gets his proverbial ass kicked by team mates who actually give a **** about winning. No longer the big fish , his softness and disinterest in hockey is exposed to his every peer... and he responds by re-inventing himself....back to his old self....have some pride

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
  #35
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 500
I just want to say thanks to Chimp for summing up the way many of us feel.

We need to start wearing the paper bags on our heads to the games as a sign of protest. It will get media attention and force something to happen.

I'm serious.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
  #36
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post



Drury gets his proverbial ass kicked by team mates who actually give a **** about winning. No longer the big fish , his softness and disinterest in hockey is exposed to his every peer... and he responds by re-inventing himself....back to his old self....have some pride
Or realizes just how awful his game has gotten, shares a drink with old buddy Markus Naslund out in Vancouver (you know, while Naslund's watching his countrymen in the medal round and Dru is packing his suitcase) and decides to live up to the "captain clutch" name tag and announce his retirement this summer. Cause that would be really clutch.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:01 PM
  #37
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
If Redden is just skating around for a contract let him do it in Hartford. If only it were so easy. At least he has a smokin wife....

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
  #38
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,272
vCash: 500
Good post Chimp.

I don't see why there is any hesitation to waive Brashear at all especially if his attitude is ****.

Drury will probably be here for the remainder of his contract, which I don't really care either way about. We have Callahan who does the same as Drury and maybe a little more for 2.3m so if they do get rid of him it's all good. If not I understand they don't want to treat him like a *****.

Redden and Rozsival if they don't care about the team can get the **** out.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
  #39
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Callahan's GF looks like a kindergarten teacher.
Lol. Sounds like one too. I wanted to smack her when they interviewed her

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
  #40
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Good post Chimp.

I don't see why there is any hesitation to waive Brashear at all especially if his attitude is ****.

Drury will probably be here for the remainder of his contract, which I don't really care either way about. We have Callahan who does the same as Drury and maybe a little more for 2.3m so if they do get rid of him it's all good. If not I understand they don't want to treat him like a *****.

Redden and Rozsival if they don't care about the team can get the **** out.

I think someone posted that we are stuck with Brashear's cap hit even if we waive him. Another great signing for sure.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
  #41
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
This article would be respectable, but in some way he leaves out probably the worst signing, Chris Drury. Interesting to leave out the American.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
  #42
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think someone posted that we are stuck with Brashear's cap hit even if we waive him. Another great signing for sure.
Forgot about the over 35 rules. But either way out of principle they should send his ass to Hartford.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
  #43
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
This article would be respectable, but in some way he leaves out probably the worst signing, Chris Drury. Interesting to leave out the American.
Brashear was born in Indiana

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
  #44
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,579
vCash: 500
I know there are alot of you who feel exactly the same way that I do. Not that strange really, not that strange at all, more like common sense if the goal is to win a Stanley Cup at least once every decade.

You think any team would be interested in Drury @ $3.5m on re-entry waivers? "But how can we get Drury to accept that with his NTC?" some ask.

Simple. You go with the axe and hatchet approach. You give an offer he cannot refuse, the horse head in the bed. You tell Drury:

"Hey, Dru, since you've been a $7 million bum for so long and is barely a 3rd liner anymore, enough is enough. It's time for us to part ways. Now, you sit. And you won't be dressed for a minute more for the remainder of your contract, until you let us put you on re-entry waivers. No, don't speak yet Dru, you're right, I said re-entry. Nobody is dumb enough to pick you off waivers straight off, at the full amount of your ridiculous salary. Who do you think you are, a star player? And who do you think the other GMs are, $ather?

In fact, in two weeks from now, you won't even be allowed to practice with the team. You can practice on your own and choose between trying to redeem your pride somewhere else, or kill your career right here. It's not like you will be a poor, homeless guy or anything when this is all and done. You can wipe your tears away with some hundred dollar bills of yours, you have plenty of them. Those tears are small compared to the agony you've caused. I know, it's just not your fault, we're perfectly aware of the donkey who gave you the dough, we'll get him too if it makes you feel any better about this mess.

But seriously Dru, you just suck and according to our expectations probably will continue to suck and we can't afford that. Not with your price tag. I know, there might be a chance no one picks you up and you end up in Hartford. But then you don't have to take our word for that you have really been a crappy hockey player, do you? And then, you can't really get angry at us for wanting to get rid of you, can you?"

I know, I'm personally a spokesman for the "millionaires are human beings with feelings too!" foundation, but enough is enough. There is no "Dru" in team. Jesus tap dancing Christ how Drury's contract quickly and officially became the worst in the league. Before, it was an annoying and terrible contract (top 3 on everyone's list). Now, it's a contract beyond agony. I actually agree with Redden when he said "he was made an example of." We all know at least someone he was talking about. This job doesn't come without risks, on and off the ice, hence the pay. The only real "bad thing" about this approach is that Drury will never want to be a New York Ranger again, even at a sane contract. Wait, let me find that cricket.wav sound that I have in a folder somewhere... I know, it's a huge problem. It's such a drag finding any decent hard working 3rd liners with good, defensive ability out there.

You think that's too harsh? Look, puppies!


I don't think this is the time to take pride in that this franchise at least is in the top of one category in the NHL.


Last edited by Chimp: 01-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
  #45
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I don't get this. I really don't. We're talking about reforming the team to become a real team, yet so many of you defend Chris Drury. WHY? He cares. He skates hard. So frigging what? So did Freddy Sjöström, but that didn't help him get a re-sign @700k. So did Betts, but that didn't get him re-signed. You don't get paid for effort, you get paid for performance. At least on most teams who aren't dumb. We have three players paid close to $7m a year on this team. We have Marian Gaborik. We have Henrik Lundqvist. We have Chris Drury. Find one fault.

We are paying a slightly upgraded Chris Higgins, $7m a year to hopefully be 50/50 at faceoffs, play some PK, hog up PP time which he does absolutely nothing with, "care and skate hard" and score a goal once every 12th game or so (if we're lucky). Forget about any sort playmaking, ok? Forget about any sort of line threat on the line he's playing on. Here it's "dump, turn the puck over and chase." Any 4th liner can do that.

We could've had a Heatley-esque kind of player for the money we have thrown at Drury, a glorified 3rd liner at this point in his career. So why the heck do you constantly try to leave Chris Drury out of the "this team needs to be reformed" equation? You don't think Chris Drury is a big reason why this team is terrible offensively and has been so since he arrived? Think again. He's the 2nd threat this team should've had to relieve Gaborik. That's the money we that jackass with the cigar threw at him. I don't care that he's Captain America and is a poster hanging on many bedroom doors (which I have no clue of why really). Because if he's Captain America, you need to raise your standards.

"But Chimp, he has a NTC! He's the Captain!" So? Yashin was bought out, on a team known for collective failure for a long time now. And he was their best scorer! Nylander was forced into AHL, despite having exactly the same clause as Drury.

"But Chimp, the franchise will look like a ********* if they force their NTC captain off the team!" Say what? Let me get this straight... you're afraid of our franchise reputation, because we might chase a player (in a world of cap floors), who is a big part of dragging the team down - despite a heavy loaded contract - into AHL. We are afraid we might lose franchise reputation, because we're actually trying to hold a huge underachiever accountable? If we scare any other mercenaries away, who had plans to come to New York to cash in for a piss poor performance, I'm not exactly sad. I'm not sad either if the message to the other players is: "If you come to New York, we have some sort of expectations that you can man up to the suitcase of dollars we hand you."

But you're apparently not afraid NYR looks like a ******* retirement home, were you have no accountability whatsoever for your salary, expectations or your level of responsiblity. As long as you fool $ather to pay you the dough, you're set for life. Like some kind of top level politician or corporate executive. Hey, if $ather and Drury can't go golfing together after $ather brings out the axe, it's not exactly like I care. $ather was the one who took a huge dump in his own bed, now he can lay in it. If $ather can't do his ****ing job and sort this mess out, because he thinks it feels awkward that Drury might delete him on facebook, he can go to AHL with him.

"Get set for life in the franchise of no accountability! Get your overpayment here!" How the **** are you going to get any attractive players to a team that is set on autopilot for failure anyway? You tell me that.

Why do you think Zherdev was going for top dollar when playing for NYR? You think he would've pulled that stunt if he was playing for Detroit? He sees all those overpaid bums, performing worse than him and he thinks: "Hey! Why should I receive scrums when I'm one of the top players on this team, when they get paid loads of cash for underperforming?" Zherdev wasn't thinking like a Russian, he was thinking and acting like a true New York Ranger. Minimum performance, maximum pay. I can understand his astonishment when $ather wasn't opening the safe. Instead he chose to throw a boatload of cash at Kotalik for sucking. The overpayment dice didn't land on Zherdev this time.

You think the players on all the other teams describe the word "successful" when they get to name the NYR? I think not. They see "$$$! Yeah baby! Because they're rich AND have a clown of a GM there, who pays out contracts like the money isn't his! At random, unfortunately, but hey, take a chance!"

Before we have the word accountability as an integral part of this franchise, from the top (especially the top) to the bottom, we're done for. We can just as well donate the season ticket money to some other retirement home, I'm sure they need it better than the millionares on skates.

Or what? You leave Captain America out, because his feelings might be hurt? "He tries so hard, yet he fails. We can't blame him for that..." What is this, a hockey forum for New York Rangers (who have a reputation for being hard nosed for some reason) or a forum for kindergarden teachers? You need to throw your money on puppies, not hockey tickets. If Lundqvist would start posting a career .89 save percentage and a 3.30 GAA, or Gaborik scoring 25 goals a year (like a dream coming true for Drury, 25 goals, omg!), it's not exactly like I would defend him with some "but he's trying so hard, give him a break!" Jesus Christ what a bad argument.
I bookmarked this post for future reference. I'm going to quote this sucker like crazy.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
  #46
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You think that's too harsh? Look, puppies!

Is that our top 4?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
  #47
Vidic15*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500


New York Cupcakes

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:47 PM
  #48
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Is that our top 4?
Let the youth movement begin. They would probably bring a lot more team toughness to the table.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 02:51 PM
  #49
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
This is what I've been ranting about. This is the biggest problem here, bigger than "secondary scoring" or anything else.
absolutely...and it starts with Captain Turtle. The guy has no fire in him whatsoever. Total coward, also. Since Langenbrunner punked him out last year and he went into his shell, I've hated his guts.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
  #50
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Sather has only himself to blame.

You don't create a culture of commitment, dedication, respect and brotherhood (where players play for each other and fight for each other): when you screw three players out of their bonus money and force them to take you to court, to get it.


You do not create a culture of commitment, dedication, respect and brotherhood (where players play for each other and fight for each other): When you can't even muster up a simple phone call out of respect, for heart and soul players who put their body's on the line, every night. And leave them dangling in the wind, to the point they have to call Tom Renney to find out where they stand and if they're in the team's future plans, or not.

That kind of arrogant, disrespectful and ungrateful behavior only breeds contempt, distrust and apathy.

Sounds like our New York Rangers of 2009-10. Sounds like our Rangers of 2008-09, too.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.