HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Lukowich (Vcr) and Brandon Bochenski (TB) on re-entry waivers.

Old
01-01-2010, 03:41 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
On Lukowich:

With Bieksa having his lacerated upper ankle (rumoured to be serious - months not weeks) and Mathieu Schneider being waived for his diva act, the Canucks need the experience and depth Lukowich will provide. Pretty big gamble however that he makes it through re-entry waivers.

I expect the initial plan was to recall Lukowich after the trade deadline when he would have an excellent chance of clearing waivers but now...
I could see Brad L getting claimed

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
He'd be neglecting his responsibilities as GM by needlessly antagonizing a potential future trading partner.

Why do you even want him as a 6/7? You're a big Woywitka fan. I'm guessing Nieuwendyk isn't going to bail so quickly either on one of "his" signings, as bad as it was.

I also disagree that Gillis didn't want Lukowich -- he wanted him, just originally for the stretch run and the playoffs.
I want him because Lukowich would come at a bargain price of just over 400,000 for an experianced and solid 3rd pairing defenceman that would make the team better. It's pretty much a no-brainer when you look at the cost involved in my opinion. Woywitka can sit in the AHL for the rest of the season until we need him next year to play the 7th D-man roll again.

I'll defend Woywitka too. I think it's kind of funny that you bash him when at the same time I know you're aware of Behind the Net and probably how favorably Woywitka compares to some of our other defenceman in certain areas. He was brought in to play limited depth minutes when a regular was hurt or needed some time off to get their **** togater, and he's done his job - in fact he's played better defense then he did last year in St. Louis, where he was one of their top defensive defenceman. a 1.83 GA / 60 TOI at ES is very solid, and 2nd on the team I might add for a defenceman behind Mark Fistric.

Last edited by Alistar: 01-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Gillis didn't even want Lukowich when he first got him - he was packaged in with Ehrhoff in a salary dump trade by San Jose then shuffled down to the AHL the next day. Dallas did Vancouver a favor by letting Lukowich play on their AHL team, not the other way around. If Lukowich makes Dallas a better team (and I say he very well could) then Nieuwendyk better put in a claim for him, or he's neglecting his responsibilities as a general manager.
So then Gillis did Dallas a favor by letting Fistric play on the Moose last year?

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
So then Gillis did Dallas a favor by letting Fistric play on the Moose last year?
Dallas had players on numerous AHL teams last year, I guess that means they should forever be indebted to all of the parent clubs that made that miracle possible.

Give me a break. There shouldn't be any collusion between general managers. If you can make your team better, you do it.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
txomisc

would be happy if the stars claimed Lukowich. He has had a great season so far in the AHL. Hes still a capable player at the NHL level and could bring a different voice to the locker room which is apparently very very quiet.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:30 PM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
That is a possibility. However, you would think that one of them would be called up for NHL action if that were the case.

The delay in announcing a trade could be because some players are already in action today. Perhaps one of Boston or Philidelphia, both of whom are looking to shake things up, are in the mix.

This is pure speculation of course...but it makes sense. There is no logic behind the Lightning signing Janus to a pro-contract and the three prospects splitting time, nor have any injuries been announced for the Lightning to have the need to call up Bochenski.
With Halpern and Fedoruk both hurt, Hale is on the fourth line. There's a need for Bochenski right there. I hope it's Hale who is traded/sent down, Lundin should stay. Or perhaps Halpern and/or Fedoruk will be out longer than expected.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
CM-

Quote:
Gillis didn't even want Lukowich when he first got him - he was packaged in with Ehrhoff in a salary dump trade by San Jose then shuffled down to the AHL the next day. Dallas did Vancouver a favor by letting Lukowich play on their AHL team, not the other way around. If Lukowich makes Dallas a better team (and I say he very well could) then Nieuwendyk better put in a claim for him, or he's neglecting his responsibilities as a general manager.
Um... well Ehroff was the big player coming to Vancouver. Nowhere did Gillis ever say anything remotely negative about Lukowich. With the Canucks having Cap trouble he had to out play O'Brien for a spot on the roster (by a very wide margin) at camp. And Lukowich had a good camp. O'Brien had a better one. And his cap hit for a 7th D was too much for the Canucks to swallow. So he had to go down.

Dallas didn't do Vancouver a favor... Vancouver paid for Dallas' farm system to have a NHL Defenseman on their team. Because for some reason Heisinger (Moose GM) wanted to have the veterans be Rosa, Keane, Murray, Nycholat, and Baumgartner. And Gillis agreed because Heisinger has been good at helping the Canucks find some diamonds in the rough. (Burrows/Bolduc)

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

vCash: 50
Sharks can send Huskins to the AHL, pick up Luko on re-entry for cheap and justify paying Huskins his salary by looking back to the savings we made on Heatley this year. Win-win!

RammsteinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Lukowich cleared

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 11:30 AM
airlouche

Both could be nice pickup for the Leafs...

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

Woo! Lukowich cleared. It's a miracle.

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:06 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Dallas had players on numerous AHL teams last year, I guess that means they should forever be indebted to all of the parent clubs that made that miracle possible.

Give me a break. There shouldn't be any collusion between general managers. If you can make your team better, you do it.
Yet there is, because in any business you act with respect and keep good relations with other people.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
Both could be nice pickup for the Leafs...
Well since Lukowich is still property of the Canucks I'll be the first to say that I consider this comment tampering

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Yet there is, because in any business you act with respect and keep good relations with other people.
Unless you're Brian Burke.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes Lukowich cleared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:45 PM
caley

Bochenski cleared, too (If there was any doubt).

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Omfg He Cleared

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
He was not shuffled down to the AHL the next day? He was one of the last cuts out of camp, only because Rome played so well.

SopelFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Meganuck*

Quote:

Saying that Dallas did Vancouver a "FAVOR" by letting Luko play on their AHL affiliate is the same thing as Fistric last year.

There is no DEBT so to speak but I dont understand who Dallas would have replaced with Lukowich.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Quote:
Vancouver has also done that in the past allowing Dallas prospects play in the moose system so I doubt Joe will do that to Mike.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
broad

Everytime someone clears waivers the whole world acts surprised.

broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar Police View Post
Everytime someone clears waivers the whole world acts surprised.
Re-entry waivers is a lot different than waivers.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
timw33

Wooo he cleared.

Huge bottom pairing upgrade on Rome.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Vitto79

so now Schneider on Re-entry?. Half price he is worth a shot

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so now Schneider on Re-entry?. Half price he is worth a shot
not a chance
Schnieder is done, he burned his bridges with vancouver.
and i HIGHLY doubt Gillis pays half his salary to play against him.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote