HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

get your own chant!

Old
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
morffin

vCash: 500
get your own chant!

Is anyone else as sick as I am of hearing the Lets Go Rangers chant at every stadium and arena...with the local team name replacing the Rangers.

I remember that chant starting the Blue Seats in the 70's ...working its way down to the Reds ... then a few seasons later Yankees fans started doing it...now its at every arena and stadium...half expect to hear it a bullfight in Madrid some day.

I love how people all over the country rag on NYC but they end up stealing everything we do.

Yes, in a world full of famine, war ...and tragedy ...this is what I chose to focus my anger on today.

Calli made the USA team!!!!

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Is anyone else as sick as I am of hearing the Lets Go Rangers chant at every stadium and arena...with the local team name replacing the Rangers.

I remember that chant starting the Blue Seats in the 70's ...working its way down to the Reds ... then a few seasons later Yankees fans started doing it...now its at every arena and stadium...half expect to hear it a bullfight in Madrid some day.

I love how people all over the country rag on NYC but they end up stealing everything we do.

Yes, in a world full of famine, war ...and tragedy ...this is what I chose to focus my anger on today.

Calli made the USA team!!!!
I have my doubts if the Rangers started that chant...something tells me its been around a lot longer than the 70's...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
I have my doubts if the Rangers started that chant...something tells me its been around a lot longer than the 70's...
I dont remember that chant ..with the hand claps at any other stadium or arena before I heard in in the early 70's at The Garden.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Yeah I don't think the Rangers started that chant. Could be wrong.

I tell you what I'm tire of; every team in their mother post lockout now raising their sticks saluting the fans after a win. Rangers started that after the lockout. Then the Icelanders saw it and copied (I was pissed) then the whole darn league now does it.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Yeah I don't think the Rangers started that chant.

I tell you what I'm tire of; every team in their mother post lockout now raising their sticks saluting the fans after a win. Rangers started doing that 05-06. Then the Icelanders saw it and copied (I was pissed) then the whole freaking league now does it.
that doesnt bother me as much since the Rangers stole that from an Euro team .. it think it was an Euro team..might have been something the Czek players brought over.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Give me a break.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:14 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I don';t think we have a copyright on "Let's Go Rangers". I remember it as far back as the 1960's. Another one we used to use all the time but has been retired is "We're Number One." Ah, the good old days.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
that doesnt bother me as much since the Rangers stole that from an Euro team .. it think it was an Euro team..might have been something the Czek players brought over.
yep, european clubs do that AFAIK...its a welcome addition that I think ALL clubs should do. Its called showing appreciation for people who spend their hard earned money, in a REALLY bad economy to see you guys play a game.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:16 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Oh I know that's where the Rangers got it from. But just speaking of the NHL in recent years, I hadn't seen other teams do that pre lockout. It became a concept when the Rangers started doing it.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Oh I know that's where the Rangers got it from. But just speaking of the NHL in recent years, I hadn't seen other teams do that pre lockout. It became a concept when the Rangers started doing it.
yeah, if im not mistaken the first time was the Marek Malik game, where he scored the crazy shootout goal...the crowd was going berserk, and Jaromir brought everyone to center ice to salute them. it sorta rolled from there.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:20 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

A chant that you hardly hear that I always like is: "Here we go insert team Here we go, Here we go insert team Here we go"

Old
01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

SHOOT THE PUCK! SHOOT THE PUCK! SHOOT THE PUCK!

or of course..

FIRE SATHER clap clap clap-clap-clap FIRE SATHER clap clap clap-clap-clap FIRE SATHER clap clap clap-clap-clap

Old
01-01-2010, 06:23 PM
morffin

I havent heard the RE-FUND chant in a while...might be time to dust that one off

Old
01-01-2010, 06:23 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Ha ha

How about the garden chanting Assssshoollllllllllle to the refs.

Old
01-01-2010, 06:25 PM
morffin

my fav Garden chant ever: Buy a Porsche Potvin buy a Porsche ... 2 days after P Linberg killed himself driving a Porshe.

Old
01-01-2010, 07:42 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

For years the most popular chants at The Garden were: "Friday (or any other bad ref)Is A Bum" and "Muzz (or whomever was coaching the Rangers) Must Go".

Old
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
For years the most popular chants at The Garden were: "Friday (or any other bad ref)Is A Bum" and "Muzz (or whomever was coaching the Rangers) Must Go".
A good friend of mine is an old time Rangers fan...had season tix to the old garden...we went to Howell / Bathgate Night and he let out a Muzz Must Go! during one of the speeches...perfect timing the garden was quiet ... you can hear him clear as day on the video.

Somethings never get old.

Old
01-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
my fav Garden chant ever: Buy a Porsche Potvin buy a Porsche ... 2 days after P Linberg killed himself driving a Porshe.
um it was buy a porsche Hextall...not potvin.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Can the OP tell me how exactly he or she knows it was Rangers fans who started this chant?

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
um it was buy a porsche Hextall...not potvin.
100% Correct.

It was but a porsche Hextall, and there was a banner9yes at one time they did allow banners) that hung from the 400's, can't remember which section but it was in the 400's. Anyway the Banner read Buy a Porsche Hextall.

By the way, the place did chant it. But I think it was a bout as tasteless as you can ever get. Probably why it didn't last.

Leaving the garden one night there was a "Where the F--- is uniondale....do daa do daaa" chant going. Got a kick out of that one.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Can the OP tell me how exactly he or she knows it was Rangers fans who started this chant?
Hey Jmiller, Is that a Ridgeback in your avatar?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
A good friend of mine is an old time Rangers fan...had season tix to the old garden...we went to Howell / Bathgate Night and he let out a Muzz Must Go! during one of the speeches...perfect timing the garden was quiet ... you can hear him clear as day on the video.

Somethings never get old.
I was there and heard him. That's cool!

Old
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
SkerZ
LGR

slightly off topic but at the Islander game the other night (free tickets 4 rows off glass, played are old boy Tyutin) I realized there goal song was the same as the flyers "bro hymm tribute"

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:27 AM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Hey Jmiller, Is that a Ridgeback in your avatar?
I said I cant remember hearing before I heard it the first time at MSG ...early 70's Blue Seats.

Theres been many Lets Go ..chants...but none with the distinctive hand clap and cadence of the LGR chant.

Old
01-02-2010, 12:29 AM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
100% Correct.

It was but a porsche Hextall, and there was a banner9yes at one time they did allow banners) that hung from the 400's, can't remember which section but it was in the 400's. Anyway the Banner read Buy a Porsche Hextall.

By the way, the place did chant it. But I think it was a bout as tasteless as you can ever get. Probably why it didn't last.

Leaving the garden one night there was a "Where the F--- is uniondale....do daa do daaa" chant going. Got a kick out of that one.
I was at The Garden when the Isle played the Rangers a few days after the Linberg tragedy ....I heard the buy a porsche potvin chant that night.