HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Autographs at Tip-A-King question

Old
12-24-2009, 12:06 AM
klaymen

vCash: 500
Autographs at Tip-A-King question

So the 2010 Tip-A-King is coming up next month, and it'll be my first one. I understand about the whole tipping for autographs and photos, but is there a limit on autographs per person? Say I bring 3 items for someone to sign, as long as I tip per autograph does it matter how much I have?

klaymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
They used to be a lot more willing to let you get multiple things signed, but they've been cracking down on that stuff the past few years.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:20 AM
klaymen

Hmmm....maybe I'll just do two at the most. There's only 3 guys I want two different items signed by anyways. That shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Thanks for the heads up

Old
12-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
They used to be a lot more willing to let you get multiple things signed, but they've been cracking down on that stuff the past few years.
LOL, Cracking down on autographs. . sounds funny when you say it out loud. .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaymen View Post
Hmmm....maybe I'll just do two at the most. There's only 3 guys I want two different items signed by anyways. That shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Thanks for the heads up
It also depends on who it is. That's really the only reason why they have that in place I think. I mean guys like Kopitar have 2 hour + waits for their lines as it is, if everyone is getting 5 things signed, it'll take even longer.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:31 AM
klaymen

I'm thinking Greene, Quick, and Johnson shouldn't be too bad

I go to other events like this and I know what you mean about the huge lines and people being strict.

Old
12-24-2009, 01:40 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

I think they should eliminate pictures. That's the stuff that takes forever.

Autographs are FAST. It's people posing and smiling and idiots figuring out cameras that makes the lines so damn long.

I'd much rather get 5 things signed (which takes about as long as one picture and a one autograph, if not even faster), than get my one autograph and some hokey picture. I admit, I like the one picture I took with Luc at tip a king years back. That is framed. Otherwise though, I don't really find the pictures very meaningful or interesting. The last few events I don't even bother taking them. I know what they look like. I'd rather put a badass poster of a player on my wall instead of me smiling like a geek next to someone who'd rather be playing golf.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Autographs are FAST. It's people posing and smiling and idiots figuring out cameras that makes the lines so damn long.

I'd much rather get 5 things signed (which takes about as long as one picture and a one autograph, if not even faster), than get my one autograph and some hokey picture. I admit, I like the one picture I took with Luc at tip a king years back. That is framed. Otherwise though, I don't really find the pictures very meaningful or interesting. The last few events I don't even bother taking them. I know what they look like. I'd rather put a badass poster of a player on my wall instead of me smiling like a geek next to someone who'd rather be playing golf.
ahem...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:52 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
ahem...

Yup. The one posed picture I took. And what an awesome photo it was!

(The one of Doughty doesn't count since I just snapped it for amusement while he was signing something)

Next time Ivanans is responsible for slowing down a fan event line, you let me know. I'll check my uncle's pig for wings.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 04:14 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Man, I'd love to go to one of these things.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:40 AM
klaymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

I'm exactly the same way. I'm just not a picture guy at all.

Old
12-24-2009, 09:54 AM
onlyalad

Last year it was two autographs per person. However if it was not a line for Kopitar or Doughty the lines are short enough that you could go through twice. Last year you could have received POS' autogragh 100 times. And if you think the photos take a long time, playing the games takes even longer.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 11:07 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Having multiple things signed and holding up the line just makes you look like a ********* who is going to sell everything on E-bay.

3 should definitely be the limit.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:19 PM
GRuiz98

Send a message via AIM to GRuiz98
This is a little bit off topic, but in the description for the event, it said you can "hit the ice" with the Kings. Are we going to be able to skate there or are they simply gonna have the tables where the ice would be? Also, if you can skate, will you be able to rent skates? My gf doesn't own a pair and I'm sure she'd rather not buy a pair if she can rent them. Thanks in advance for the info.

GRuiz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 03:08 PM
DeeMeck

No way it is on the ice. Waaaay too much liability for the fans and players.

I bet they lay that flooring down similar to what they had at HockeyFest.

Old
12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
onlyalad

Just saw the sample price list
http://kings.nhl.com/v2/ext/communit..._PriceList.pdf

Autographs last year were a buck a piece and photos were $2 or $3 for both.
5-10 seems like a big price jump. What if I don't want a picture?
I think this is going to backfire on the Kings. Longer lines will be caused and it will cost the fans more.

Old
12-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Just saw the sample price list
http://kings.nhl.com/v2/ext/communit..._PriceList.pdf

Autographs last year were a buck a piece and photos were $2 or $3 for both.
5-10 seems like a big price jump. What if I don't want a picture?
I think this is going to backfire on the Kings. Longer lines will be caused and it will cost the fans more.
Lol, this is going to be a ****ing disaster for them. I heard the pricing a couple weeks back.

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
DeeMeck

I know this is charity....but this is ****ing ridiculous. The system they had was great. You pay a dollar, you get an autograph. They broke their record for Tip-A-King last year. Now I have to pay 10 bucks to lose a face-off to Stoll and get a picture I don't really care about.

I just wanna pay a buck for my autograph and move on.

Old
12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I know this is charity....but this is ****ing ridiculous. The system they had was great. You pay a dollar, you get an autograph. They broke their record for Tip-A-King last year. Now I have to pay 10 bucks to lose a face-off to Stoll and get a picture I don't really care about.

I just wanna pay a buck for my autograph and move on.
It's a complete rip off, especially if they do it that way, could you imagine the line for a guy like Corey Elkins, if he was still here, and you had to pay 5 bucks for it.

Old
12-29-2009, 03:02 PM
onlyalad

the ones that had me laughing were Harrold and Jones $10 each. Then I saw that the Wall will be in the background and maybe I can photoshop them out of the picture and just have the wall.

Old
12-29-2009, 03:19 PM
DeeMeck

I can't help feeling like I'm being squeezed.

I know it is good for the charity to make more cash for their cause, but I would rather have payed 350 or 400 for the admission than getting bent when I get there. I know it sounds weird, but all they are accomplishing is pricing out the average Joe's like me that actually have to save for an event like this.

They could have just charged 400 for an all-inclusive package which meant you didn't have to pay the "tips". Wouldn't have bothered me one bit.

I just thought last year that they couldn't have done a better job. It was small, we didn't have to move around a lot as the players came to us at our tables. Now the soon to be 8 months pregnant wife is going to have to lumber all around Staples Center to get the autographs she wants. Can't wait to break that news. I'll make sure that she knows she can do whatever she wants Ivanans according to their promo, might make her happier

I guess it's just sour grapes on my part.

Old
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I just think some of the events are way too expensive. $10 bucks to have a photo with Harrold or Jones in front of the castle, seems too much. Imagine the line to take a shot against Ersberg or Quick. with each person having to take a shot/photo/auto. Not that easy to do.

I just feel like they missed the mark on this one. As the flat rate fee makes it way too expensive. I usually don't take photos so I don't really want to pay 5 dollars per auto.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:55 AM
lak4ever

Im pretty sure the regular $1 for a autograph and $2 for a picture still stands.
Last year was the same. They had a couple of players where you were able to play (lame) carnival games with for a bit extra cash, it was optional.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:59 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Last year it was two autographs per person. However if it was not a line for Kopitar or Doughty the lines are short enough that you could go through twice. Last year you could have received POS' autogragh 100 times. And if you think the photos take a long time, playing the games takes even longer.

Add Greene, Simmonds, Ersberg, Stoll, Quick, OD, Zeiler, Ivanans and Preising to that list. There was basically no line for these players last year.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote