HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Why Voros must play over Brashear

Old
01-02-2010, 02:49 PM
AllNYteams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
If Brashear has no heart, then I don't even want to think about what guys like Kotalik don't have. Brashear's got an injury that really seems to be holding him back. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because there are a lot of negative things you could say about Brashear but I don't think not caring or not having heart is something that's even been an issue with Brashear in his entire career.
I certainly would agree w you that Brashear playing w heart was not an issue over his career until he came here. It really seemed in his interviews that he didn't care to be here except that this was the team w the biggest payout and the longest contract for him. In one interview he said that he had to choose between trying to go for the glory and personal goals w the Caps for less pay and w/o a two year contract or go for the money and sign elsewhere w a longer contract. Guess what he chose?
Of course it is possible that he has an injury. It's possible that he has a lot of injuries. He is a 38 year old goon. Regardless of injuries he still has been playing w/o heart this particular season.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Look I posted this a few times and it was deleted. The rumor was concussion vs Orr and Brusted up Ribs vs McIntyre which might still be hurting him. Don't like him fine i don't either but he has had heart for 15 years

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
ck20

voros is just as big of a waste as brashear. it still escapes me how this guy got a multi-year contract, let alone stayed on this team more than a year.

who am i kidding, it doesn't really surprise me.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:32 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNYteams View Post
I certainly would agree w you that Brashear playing w heart was not an issue over his career until he came here. It really seemed in his interviews that he didn't care to be here except that this was the team w the biggest payout and the longest contract for him. In one interview he said that he had to choose between trying to go for the glory and personal goals w the Caps for less pay and w/o a two year contract or go for the money and sign elsewhere w a longer contract. Guess what he chose?
Of course it is possible that he has an injury. It's possible that he has a lot of injuries. He is a 38 year old goon. Regardless of injuries he still has been playing w/o heart this particular season.
Brashear did a lot to try and win over the fans and seems to be well liked within the lockerroom. He doesn't portray me as someone that would just play for the money. I doubt Washington's offer was much more than a "I guess you can re-sign with us for the league minimum" type contract. Of course he passed on it. He'd have a chance to get more money, but also play more games here.

I think his play this season has much more to do with the fact he's a 38 year old goon than lack of heart. You try being a 38 year old with what I've narrowed down to either be an abdomen injury or a hand injury and go play pro hockey. It's not going to look pretty, especially with someone like Brashear's skillset.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 04:45 AM
AllNYteams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Brashear did a lot to try and win over the fans and seems to be well liked within the lockerroom. He doesn't portray me as someone that would just play for the money. I doubt Washington's offer was much more than a "I guess you can re-sign with us for the league minimum" type contract. Of course he passed on it. He'd have a chance to get more money, but also play more games here.

I think his play this season has much more to do with the fact he's a 38 year old goon than lack of heart. You try being a 38 year old with what I've narrowed down to either be an abdomen injury or a hand injury and go play pro hockey. It's not going to look pretty, especially with someone like Brashear's skillset.
I don't like arguing. Whether it is injury or lack of heart he is still useless.
It is well known that he likes to go out drinking and partying on night before a game. I don't care what players do with their personal lives. But Brashear is a vet who is well known to party w the young guys often on nights before a game or practice. This is a bad example and influence on young players. And to me it has to do w respect and heart. If you have respect for the team you put that above going out and partying. And if you have heart, you recognize that drinking all night is going to affect practice and play and you care enough to not indulge so that you'll be at your best on game day.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote