HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Goalie Leg pads!

Old
12-31-2009, 10:29 PM
HockeyDonkey33

vCash: 500
Goalie Leg pads!

So right now I have a set of 34" CCM Blockades . I just cant seem to get them to fit on me correctly and turn over. It seems like one side will only get about a half turn. I have read because this is due to the calf rise that CCM added. Has anyone else worn these pads, and what were your reactions to them? I did my measurements and they are pretty close to the 34 (9.5 skate size, 18 AtK, 7ish thigh). I bought these used (barely, they don't really have any marks on them at all) from a local shop, but they were pretty pricey (300) so I would like to keep them around if I could. Any ideas or tips and tricks?

p.s. I cant take the pads out right now, my son is sleeping and i don't want to wake him.

HockeyDonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 10:25 PM
cmcdmania

There might be more talk on the Goalie Store but after a quick search, this thread seems to have something that might help in post #8.

cmcdmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 10:41 PM
DevsFan84

While I don't personally care for the pad, as the link above suggests under or over rotation of the pad is pretty much always due to how you strap them up.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Ragss

yeah I had to loosen my straps far past where I thought necessary to get good rotation.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
HockeyDonkey33

I will try loosening them up even more next time i go out. Really loose pads are kinda new to me, so I hope i can get over that and it wont effect my skating ability too much.

HockeyDonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote