HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey MELROSE or any other fantasy leaguers..question

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 11:47 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Hey MELROSE or any other fantasy leaguers..question

anybody have a good site where I can get some fantasy player predictions.

My draft got pushed back to tonight but I still haven't put my list together yet and wanted to view something online that has some value to it.Thanks in advance.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Sorry dude, but I don't. I usually go with gut feeling for my draft. You'll probably drop 1/3 of those guys within the first few week anyway, opting to pick up some surprises in favor of some dogs. My advice, don't go nuts planning for the draft.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:22 PM
nyyfan2

hey JR, here is the link i have been looking at. On the right are a lot of columns to read. Hope this helps....

http://hockey2101.fantasy.sportsline...ws?league=zero

Old
09-23-2003, 02:55 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
pick safe players unless you have Mario Lemieux waiting for you in the 5th round

pick safer players at the beginning then go a little riskier taking chances on sleepers etc

try to draft positions that aren't deep early on in the middle, ie: defense and a #1 goaltender but always pick the most productive players in the top 3 (4 depending on who's available) rounds

- that means no defenseman and Marty Brodeur/Marty Turco, until the third or fourth round atleast

once in the fourth round try to draft a stud Defenseman or Goaltender (Marty's usually go earlier then this though)

if you look at the point totals from the previous year, you'll see there are only about 10-12 defenseman who were in the top 100 overall ratings.. there's a huge gap after that

if the league is 12+ people, try to get your goaltending situation set before the finishing rounds unless you want to start Byron Dafoe or Roman Turek each night

sleepers you should keep your eye on:
FORWARDS
Mario Lemieux (3-5 rounds)
Sergei Samsonov (late round sleeper, injured last year might go under the radar)
Adam Deadmarsh (same as above)
Alexei Yashin (all Ranger fans right? he could go very late)
Jason Spezza (will be Ottawa's #1 center, great player, PP time, will get a lot of production)

DEFENSE
Brian Leetch (4-6 rounds)
Andrei Markov (young offensive defenseman primed for a break out year, good late round dman sleeper)
Tomas Kaberle (same as above)
any of the top 4 on Ottawa (that is if the league is scoring with +/-)

also note that if you have first waiver priority (last pick in the draft)
you'll have first bids on Dominic Hasek, so you can go without drafting a goaltender very early on

Closed Thread