HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers vs Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Vandelay View Post
At least that team competed...this is a collective group of assclowns
That bugs me the most, these assclowns don't give a crap to try. Game in and game out.

Old
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
MePutPuckInNet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
They could turn it around completely in about 2 years or so if they got a top 3 pick this year and if they make the right trades this year
I don't think any team can make the kind of trades the Oilers are going to need in only 2 years. They need to change out at least half the team + find decent back-up goaltending. That's a pretty big ask for any one, especially when the Oilers don't have assets to trade in the minors either. Sadly, I feel like they're just stuck in a rut full of muck for the next 4 years at least.

I'd love to be wrong though....

Old
01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
On Sportsline in the pre-season it was mentioned the Oilers can't rebuild because the fans wouldn't let them. The fans couldn't handle a rebuild as HFBoards would explode with negativity. We're seeing it now. Can you imagine what would happen during a rebuild. The fans don't have the patience for a rebuild.

Lowe wanted to do a rebuild in 2007 but EIG wouldn't let him. He had no plans of the OS or signing Souray but EIG forced him to do it.

01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaTheory View Post
I don't agree, I think that if they were given the right idea about it would work. I mean, if we have to keep watching losers why not at least add some really high end youhg players through the draft? I think the fans could take it that way.
I'm not saying the fans would be impatient, I'm saying Lowe would be.

Closed Thread