HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Thought About Tanking

Old
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Agreed. RangerBoy posted an interesting comparison in the WJC thread...imagine if Stepan and Kreider become the equivalent of Doug Weight and Tony Amonte...that's two 1st line forwards for a decade. Add that to a top nine of Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov...and hopefully Grachev. On D you have Staal, MDZ, most likely McDonagh and probably one of Gilroy or Sanguinetti. That looks like the equivalent of a rebuild to me.

The problem to me is the cap-choking contracts handed to talent not worthy of that kind of money. Two players on this team deserve elite money - Henke and Gaborik. Stop giving elite money to mediocre talent. No more three year deals to the likes of Kotalik. Do not give Girardi the money he's going to ask for this off-season. (We'll just understand the contracts of the big three are dreadful and move from there.) Players like Byers and Wiese would be just as effective as 4th liners as the more expensive Voros and Brashear.
Amonte was drafted in 1988 and debuted in the 1991 playoffs. Weight was drafted in 1990 and debuted in 1991 as well. Kovalev was drafted in 1991 and Zubov in 1990 and both debuted in 1992-93.

I would like to see Sangs and Grachev get regular shifts by season's end if the team keeps losing. Both should be on the roster in 2011.

my 2012-2013 Rangers:

Grachev-Koivu-Gaborik
Dubinsky-AA-Kreider
Glenncross-Stepan-Callahan
Byers-Werek-Parros

Staal-Chara
DZ-Phillips
Sangs-Kundratek

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Amonte was drafted in 1988 and debuted in the 1991 playoffs. Weight was drafted in 1990 and debuted in 1991 as well. Kovalev was drafted in 1991 and Zubov in 1990 and both debuted in 1992-93.

I would like to see Sangs and Grachev get regular shifts by season's end if the team keeps losing. Both should be on the roster in 2011.

my 2012-2013 Rangers:

Grachev-Koivu-Gaborik
Dubinsky-AA-Kreider
Glenncross-Stepan-Callahan
Byers-Werek-Parros

Staal-Chara
DZ-Phillips
Sangs-Kundratek
huh? come on man, really? AGAIN?

Parros would be sweet.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
huh? come on man, really? AGAIN?

Parros would be sweet.
I know. i was just lookin for ufa filler because it's almost impossible to expect all 6 d-men to be draftees. Phillips and Chara would both be in their mid-30s and cheaper than reden and rosie. Parros is a NJ guy so maybe he picks the local team.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote