HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#41 - 01.02.10 | Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers | 1:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
01-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
this is really OT and I don't want to start thread about it because it is not worth it

Palffy is going to sign some club in better league than slovak because he is dominating here so badly. And addition to that his daughter is healthy again. It is not that hard to find better league than slovak but if it would be NHL would you like to sign him for league minimum? you know.. to pass gabby or.. something..

he is also nominated for Olympics, what could not mean that much..
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=719183
I like it, I just saw his stats in 53 games he got 99 points, that is insane! and when he last played in the nhl in 05-06 with pitts he only played 42 games, but he got 42 points!!! uhhh yeah if we can sign him, then SIGN HIM!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 08:53 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
I like it, I just saw his stats in 53 games he got 99 points, that is insane! and when he last played in the nhl in 05-06 with pitts he only played 42 games, but he got 42 points!!! uhhh yeah if we can sign him, then SIGN HIM!!!!
Didn't he retire from the NHL while still being under contract in Pittsburgh? If so he would have to fulfill that contract first, before any other NHL team can sign him.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Levitate

played hard, just couldn't actually score on all the chances they got. surprise surprise.

Though at least they played hard, that's much preferable to the crap they pulled against Philly.

I'm also really impressed with Dubinsky over these past couple of games. His puck control has been great, he's going to the net as well as making some really good passes. He looks really good and this is how you want him to play in order to reach his potential. I said recently that he'll never snipe a lot of goals, and that's still evident, but going to the net and banging in goals from in tight is something he's good at, so as long as he's going to the net, he'll make things happen

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If Higgins could put away just 1/4 of his golden opportunities ripped wide, the Rangers would be solidly in the bottom half of the playoff picture.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
played hard, just couldn't actually score on all the chances they got. surprise surprise.

Though at least they played hard, that's much preferable to the crap they pulled against Philly.

I'm also really impressed with Dubinsky over these past couple of games. His puck control has been great, he's going to the net as well as making some really good passes. He looks really good and this is how you want him to play in order to reach his potential. I said recently that he'll never snipe a lot of goals, and that's still evident, but going to the net and banging in goals from in tight is something he's good at, so as long as he's going to the net, he'll make things happen
Yup. He learned to shield the puck effectively off the wall from Jagr, and he's very good along the boards. His first goal against the Isles this week was him out-muscling Gervais in front of the net. He's tough to separate from the puck in those situations> I still think he's got 20/40 ability. He just needs to remember what will make him successful.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yup. He learned to shield the puck effectively off the wall from Jagr, and he's very good along the boards. His first goal against the Isles this week was him out-muscling Gervais in front of the net. He's tough to separate from the puck in those situations> I still think he's got 20/40 ability. He just needs to remember what will make him successful.
Yup, I agree. His wrist shot isn't bad but he's not accurate enough with it to routinely snipe goals. He's gotta get in front of the net or take the puck to the net to get his goals. Hopefully he keeps doing that. His puck control skills are honestly very good compared to the entire league, just needs to keep working on those other parts to his game.

That's why I cringe a bit when people say they'd be fine with trading him...his puck control ability is something that this team (or any team) needs very badly. The Rangers lose a lot if they don't have a player who can do that...and that holds true going forward as well.

I like Anisimov a lot but he's not anywhere near Dubinsky's ability when it comes to puck protection right now.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 09:37 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yup, I agree. His wrist shot isn't bad but he's not accurate enough with it to routinely snipe goals. He's gotta get in front of the net or take the puck to the net to get his goals. Hopefully he keeps doing that. His puck control skills are honestly very good compared to the entire league, just needs to keep working on those other parts to his game.

That's why I cringe a bit when people say they'd be fine with trading him...his puck control ability is something that this team (or any team) needs very badly. The Rangers lose a lot if they don't have a player who can do that...and that holds true going forward as well.

I like Anisimov a lot but he's not anywhere near Dubinsky's ability when it comes to puck protection right now.
He's also very good at transporting the puck out of the defensive zone. As an aside note, there seems to be a bit of a backlash towards him since he held out prior to camp. I wonder how much that colors the opinions about him.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
He's also very good at transporting the puck out of the defensive zone. As an aside note, there seems to be a bit of a backlash towards him since he held out prior to camp. I wonder how much that colors the opinions about him.
Which is deserved IMO.

Dubinsky is frustratingly inconsistent he has played well the last two games but had the worst game of his career not long ago. If he ever develops that consistency I may actually like him some. But I think he is over rated around here.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote