HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL: Boucher's philosophy paying off

Old
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Nice read.

A smart man.

Don't forget that unlike a prospect, the organization does not hold his rights...

Boucher could very well be nabbed by Burke and be coaching the Leafs next year.
Yup, to play on a team with Lecavalier, Cammalleri, the Sedin twins, Pronger and whoever else. The big scary Burkgeyman.

I don't think Boucher would ever think of going there. If you've actually read several interviews with him, you'd know he's here to be a Habs coach later on. I don't think he would want to go anywhere else.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
wedge

vCash: 500
You'll never see an NHL team restricting is AHL coach from getting a job in the NHL unless they have specific plans about the coach (short-term coaching job in the NHL, for example). BUT, they still own the rights of the coach. I remember when we signed Claude Julien who was the coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs who were the property of the Edmonton Oilers at the moment. We gave-up a draft pick so we could sign Julien. That's how it happens. Same thing applies to assistant-coaches.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote