HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

when do we stop caring? do you still care? do you think the players care?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM
  #151
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 47,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Penner's disappearing act has been something else.

Guess his superstardom was a tad abbreviated.
yeah

dont get me started

I meant to ask what happened to all the happy campers with Penner during that five game winning streak

seems to me

Penner has reverted to the PEnner we saw for 160 games

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 02:36 PM
  #152
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 500
I stopped caring greatly 5 years ago. I just follwo the team mildly as I do not like having my intelligence insulted by this poorly managed team.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
  #153
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
They're playing harder than they have for years. They're just making mistakes that should have been corrected 3 years ago. They're working, they're listening to the coaches. They'll get it together.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 03:35 PM
  #154
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan
 
Oiler Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
yeah

dont get me started

I meant to ask what happened to all the happy campers with Penner during that five game winning streak

seems to me

Penner has reverted to the PEnner we saw for 160 games
Kinda tough to keep producing when you are the only top 6 forward on the team. I think his effort is still there, he is just getting run down a bit.

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
  #155
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler Crude View Post
Kinda tough to keep producing when you are the only top 6 forward on the team. I think his effort is still there, he is just getting run down a bit.
No kidding. Penner is a man on an island.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
  #156
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
They're playing harder than they have for years. They're just making mistakes that should have been corrected 3 years ago. They're working, they're listening to the coaches. They'll get it together.


Most players will do that for a new coach. Try to make a good impression, etc. Let's see how it works out when we get to February/March.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
  #157
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Oiler loss with a Canes win...aren't you guys happy with that?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.