HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Nucks and Oil ... 9/22

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Jewelly

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Just finished watching some of the TV highlights, and the Oilers were in their dark uni's...not sure where your picture came from...

However, I know where THIS picture came from:
I know where that pic came from too: my avatar. Where's the greasers cap? Aren't you supposed to make a little one?

Old
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Can someone tell me why Dan Cloutier is playing so much in the pre-season? i guess it is just weird to me because Burke has mentioned all summer that he is trying to find some way to decrease the burden on Cloutier so Cloutier will be 100% heading into the playoff but Cloutier played the whole game tonight with 7 pre season games to go. For example, Tommy Salo only played half of the game tonight.
He played 1 1/2 periods in the opener, and basically the full game tonight, aside from that PP switch. How is that overworking him? He had 3 full days of rest between outings.

Old
09-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelly
I know where that pic came from too: my avatar. Where's the greasers cap? Aren't you supposed to make a little one?
Oops, wrong pic. Take two!

BTW, to make up for my mistake, I've decided to let Spiny free. He was starting to irritate my bridgework anyway.

Old
09-22-2003, 09:07 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Sportsnet: "The Oilers were dead last on the PP at home last year, through the first 2 periods it looked liked they picked up where they left off last year... until the 3rd period where they scored one on a 5 on 3 PP..." 1 for 10... only scored on a 5 on 3... on a team on an off night... in a preseason game... on a minor league tender. Big deal.

Old
09-22-2003, 09:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
He played 1 1/2 periods in the opener, and basically the full game tonight, aside from that PP switch. How is that overworking him? He had 3 full days of rest between outings.
30 minutes per game is about right, i don't see the point of playing him the whole game tonight (Why risk injury when the game is not important and half of the game is enough to keep Cloutier sharp?), than again Crawford is known of mishandling of goalie schedule which has contribute to two seasons which the starting goalie has been injuried heading into the playoff. It is definately a situation that is interesting, but on the positive note Canucks have Hedberg if Crawford manages to mishandle Cloutier again.

Old
09-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
30 minutes per game is about right, i don't see the point of playing him the whole game tonight (Why risk injury when the game is not important and half of the game is enough to keep Cloutier sharp?), than again Crawford is known of mishandling of goalie schedule which has contribute to two seasons which the starting goalie has been injuried heading into the playoff. It is definately a situation that is interesting, but on the positive note Canucks have Hedberg if Crawford manages to mishandle Cloutier again.
How is playing a goalie for one whole game risking injury? I want Crow to handle Cloutier better this season, but not treat him like a toddler. Dan can handle playing a whole game. It won't hurt him.

Old
09-23-2003, 06:40 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelly
But that's the 'Nucks official website. You'd think of anyone... they'd be up to date.

I feel so betrayed. :mad:

BTW: anyone care to explain that bizzare goaltending change when Vics frozen body made it to the net just in time to let in the second goal?
Cloutier was cramping up, so they called him to the bench to see how he was doing.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:31 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
How is playing a goalie for one whole game risking injury? I want Crow to handle Cloutier better this season, but not treat him like a toddler. Dan can handle playing a whole game. It won't hurt him.

Much likes the NFL pre-season, you see valuable players such as Vick get injuried. The pre-season games can get rather nasty consider a lot of young players are trying to make a name for themselves and it is a norm that the starting goalie will player about half of the game in most case especially in the beginning of the pre-season. And since you have a lot goalies in the camp likes Auld and Moss, why not play them more to get them more NHL experience and attention from other NHL teams in the case of Moss. Beside there is absolutely no point to play your #1 goalie too much early on in the season, in the last several years you see how the #1 goalie that has to carry majority of the load in the pre-season and regular season completely broke down in the playoff in the cases of Turco which sustained an ankle injury, and Patrick Roy for the last several seasons, especailly the Game 7 in the West Final against Detriot. Or what about Sean Burke who was amazing until he been injuried due to the overload of work before that. There are a lot of examples. i mean it is easier for the forward or defenceman to get through a 82 games and 10 pre game seasons, but consider how active the goalie is today with the addition of clear the puck before the net etc........ It is rather risky to play a goalie close to 60 games a season without counting those meaningless pre-seaon games as well. i guess i am just worry that this game will serve as a preview that Crawford has not changed much in the regard of his terrible goalie scheduling.

Old
09-23-2003, 12:57 PM
jofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Glad I only had to listen to and not watch that travesty.

Obviously the only guys trying were the prospects and they couldn't get much done.

I found Cloutier and Jovo to be quite solid and nothing led me to believe Allen was incredibly shakey after the initial slip up.

Bad effort overall...other then on our PK, which seems to be what Crow was working on tonight with some of the prospects getting rounds out there.

No worries, we'll sweep the Oiler's in the regular season like last year.

Not this year westcoast... I think you'll be seeing that combination of Hemsky and Smyth on a few more scoresheets this year. Better get used to it.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:38 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Can someone tell me why Dan Cloutier is playing so much in the pre-season?
Its because he needs the practice (remember the playoffs?).

Closed Thread