HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Concede Borefest and Lose 1-0

Old
01-04-2010, 07:49 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
So can anyone give a serious answer as to why this team can't/won't score goals when Price is playing?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So can anyone give a serious answer as to why this team can't/won't score goals when Price is playing?
It's bitterly ironic when a 1-0 loss follows a game in which Halak is the the winner despite giving up 5 shaky goals to Florida. Is hiswin-loss record against weak teams supposed to demonstrate that Halak should start in the playoffs? Halak would be humiliated by the Devils, Penguins, Capitals, Sabres, or Bruins.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

In games like that we need more garbage goals, deflections, rebounds and screens. One guy that could/would provide that if used properly was Lats but they traded him for a ballerina with stiff hands.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In games like that we need more garbage goals, deflections, rebounds and screens. One guy that could/would provide that if used properly was Lats but they traded him for a ballerina with stiff hands.
LMAO! Are you kidding me? If Latendresse had showed ANY willingless to pay the price to score garbage goals, deflections, rebounds, screens while he was a Hab with any consistency, he'd still be here.

Please...Pouliot 2 goals (actually 3 but one of was curiously credited to Gill) are the direct result of standing in front of the net and paying the price to score.

Stop making excuses for Latendresse's own failings...

Habs simply ran into a goalie who is on top of his game...end of story.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It's bitterly ironic when a 1-0 loss follows a game in which Halak is the the winner despite giving up 5 shaky goals to Florida. Is hiswin-loss record against weak teams supposed to demonstrate that Halak should start in the playoffs? Halak would be humiliated by the Devils, Penguins, Capitals, Sabres, or Bruins.
See this is what my problem with some posters on this forum is. You talk as if what you're saying is absolute irrefutable fact.

Mind telling me the 649 numbers too?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
This can be nothing else other than a brilliant attempt at some of the dryest sarcasm ever to grace this board.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Honestly, I believe it's just irony playing with our minds.

Sure, you can say Halak faces the basement dwellers while Price gets the hard teams, but I don't believe it's entirely impossible for a basement dweller like the Islanders or Hurricanes to shut us out the way Buffalo did to Montreal with Carolina in nets. The same goes for the other way around.

Teams have good nights, and great nights. Other nights are not so good, and sometimes terrible. It's unfortunate, but in my opinion it's just one big twist of irony for this case.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Santino

One of the main reasons why we had NO offensive production was because we got out coached. Notice how when mtl entered the O zone they mostly had 2 dman on one guy and mtl players got the puck taken off of them everytime. Martin had no counter attack for this.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Santino

Quote:
easy answer. we play better teams when price is in net and we get out played and a lot of the times out coached.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I have a theory: since it's the holidays, both teams went out drinking with one another before the game.

You look at the Habs vs Florida and against the Sabres and it's a completly different Habs team. I don't think i've seen one pass on the tape during the whole match. It was like the Habs before the trip.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Peacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
One of the main reasons why we had NO offensive production was because we got out coached. Notice how when mtl entered the O zone they mostly had 2 dman on one guy and mtl players got the puck taken off of them everytime. Martin had no counter attack for this.
This is correct.

Also, although miller was fantastic and did stop a couple of sure-goal chances, most shots were perimeter shots and were not taken quickly enough to beat miller's lateral movement.

The sabres countered the habs tactically, and the habs seemed unable to respond with appropriate changes. However, the game was relatively tight with chances going both ways at different points in the game (with, admittedly, a slight advantage to the sabres).

And Kimogionta is right too, there were so many bad passes it was frustrating.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
This can be nothing else other than a brilliant attempt at some of the dryest sarcasm ever to grace this board.
Well it was a pretty good post..if it was a joke. You can never tell tho, damn internet.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:38 PM
eightyseven

I thought Plekanec and Cammy were pretty bad this game, they tried to turn it on at the end but a little too late. They sorely missed Andrei's physical presence and ability to win board battles.

I still think a lot of our problems is caused by our poor face-off % (thus, less puck possession to start with) and the small, top 6 guys who struggle with board battles. It really wears them down too.

I don't think anyone really screened Miller yesterday. He saw everything. We needed a big body presence in front. That's how Ottawa has beaten Miller this year! We need to work on deflections, etc. Miller is a great goalie but he is beatable and we made it a little too easy on him.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
I thought Plekanec and Cammy were pretty bad this game, they tried to turn it on at the end but a little too late. They sorely missed Andrei's physical presence and ability to win board battles.

I still think a lot of our problems is caused by our poor face-off % (thus, less puck possession to start with) and the small, top 6 guys who struggle with board battles. It really wears them down too.

I don't think anyone really screened Miller yesterday. He saw everything. We needed a big body presence in front. That's how Ottawa has beaten Miller this year! We need to work on deflections, etc. Miller is a great goalie but he is beatable and we made it a little too easy on him.
Alot of our problems yesterday were caused by a new years eve celebration that involved alchohol, Benny pouliot is the best player able to play hungover Happy New Year.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post

we have sucked in the faceoff cirlcle lately...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote