HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 NHL Draft Field Trip?

Old
01-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
2010 NHL Draft Field Trip?

Hey all, it's pretty early still, but with the whole DFF thing on full blast now, I think it would be awesome to go down to LA for the weekend and take in the entry draft live.

Any HF'ers have plans to go down for it? How difficult would it be to get tickets?

Anyways, just tossing it out there, if there was a group of us going, we could possibly make arrangements to stay in the same hotel, split cabs etc. I had plans to go to LA last month and take in Conan and Leno, but waited too long to book and it fell out of my price range, so I'm thinking the draft would be the ideal weekend to go down.

Mowzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 05:39 AM
hfboardsuser

Funny you mention that. Mrs. Bugg and I were thinking of doing a He/She kind of vacation. She's always wanted to go to Disneyland so we'd hit that up first during the week and then attend the Draft before flying home.

We've got to save up and we're condo hunting right now, so we're still not sure on the financials. But we'll see.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Funny you mention that. Mrs. Bugg and I were thinking of doing a He/She kind of vacation. She's always wanted to go to Disneyland so we'd hit that up first during the week and then attend the Draft before flying home.

We've got to save up and we're condo hunting right now, so we're still not sure on the financials. But we'll see.
I went on a he/she vacation before. If I knew She was a he/she, I would have got the room with two beds. Ah well, you live and learn.

Edit: sheeeeeeeee, man I'm never typing anything at that time of night again... Not that there's anything wrong with that... Lol.

Last edited by Mowzie: 01-04-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Sheeeeee not heeeee
Mowzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 05:56 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
rule 1 no females allowed unless they are in a wet t-shirt contest or pay you plane fare there

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I went on a he/she vacation before. If I knew he was a he/she, I would have got the room with two beds. Ah well, you live and learn.
No judgement from me. Have you told your family yet?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
rule 1 no females allowed unless they are in a wet t-shirt contest or pay you plane fare there
Somehow this doesnt surprise me coming from you. This trip sounds like a blast. Can someone help me come up with a good story to tell my wife?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Rin

Quote:
This isn't fair jts. What's wrong with women wanting to attend a hockey event? I'm just as much of a hockey nut as the majority of the guys here...I might even be worse! I always pay for my own **** too, so no issue there.

Last edited by Rin: 01-04-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Somehow this doesnt surprise me coming from you. This trip sounds like a blast. Can someone help me come up with a good story to tell my wife?
I'm sure I won't be able to do much work today after being on holidays for so long, I'll try think of something. Once I get like a pot of coffee in me, my brain might start working.

Old
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
This isn't fair jts. What's wrong with women wanting to attend a hockey event? I'm just as much a hockey nut as the majority of the guys here...I might even be worse! I always pay for my own **** too, so no issue there.

Well--if you guys drive down --- the boys from this board may need to ask for directions when they get lost in compton

Old
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Rin

Quote:
Well--if you guys drive down --- the boys from this board may need to ask for directions when they get lost in compton
I'm probably the worst person to ask in a situation like that. If I miss a turn or take the wrong one, I can re-route myself but that's about where it ends (unless I have a GPS). I can't follow paper maps, they confuse me.

I have pretty horrible sense of direction as well. I stayed in a hotel for like 2 nights and every single time I stepped out of my room, I turned the wrong way to go to the elevator. I kept thinking the elevator was to the left of us instead of to the right. I also sometimes get my right and left mixed up. I also still need to say Never-Eat-Soggy-Wieners to know which direction is which. And don't even think of turning to me to find out which direction we're currently driving in...because I won't know. I've been told a million times about streets and avenues and how you can use them to tell which direction you're going in...but I forgot already.

Old
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
ozhenson

I am gonna be in LA at the time of the draft, I should totally look into tickets, does anybody know roughly how much they would run me?

Not that price is a huge issue, the perk of having family living there is free accommodations.

ozhenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I went on a he/she vacation before. If I knew She was a he/she, I would have got the room with two beds. Ah well, you live and learn.

Edit: sheeeeeeeee, man I'm never typing anything at that time of night again... Not that there's anything wrong with that... Lol.
Eh, you live once. Did you have a good time?

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
CorpseFX

Quote:
why would ending up in Compton be considered "lost" when it is the fake motherland of the famed NWA? something that was / is as awesome as the Oilers? it should be celebrated as finding a sacred site.

on tour a few years ago my friend took a picture at the Welcome to Compton sign with his NWA t-shirt on. thats what traveling is all about.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
BlueBelle

This thread got me curious about how much tickets might be. So I found this thread
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=644412

If it carries over from last year in Montreal, and the year before that, then tickets are free, its just a matter of getting them. I think a trip to the draft would be fun, too bad I bought my tickets for the Oilers to play in LA next month before they really started to stink it up.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Petro Points

If we win the 1st overall... i'll be going...

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
OilerNut*

I went to the draft when it was here in Vancouver. Was pretty boring.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
tell your wife an old high school buddy is in a jam in El Paso Texas and you to go down with a few other guys to straighten him out--give her the story of he got mixed up with the wrong women, fell of the wagon, started doing some "stuff" he should have and that either they go down to straighten him out or you are paying for him to come stay with you and her for two months--and if she says have him come to Edmonton--I got a couple of guys that live near main and hastings in Vancouver who I can send pictures of

just dont tell her you are heading to LA VIA vegas that would be a bad thing

Old
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I went to the draft when it was here in Vancouver. Was pretty boring.

that is because you live in Vancouver--I went to the draft as well

but I had a few buddies come down from Edmonton and the riped up the city for four days