HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Kesler

Old
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
MAYO

vCash: 500
Ryan Kesler

Rumor is talks are near an impasse between Kesler and the Canucks. I know he is no Kovy but let's be realistic with what we have to work with cap wise. Here is a guy who is only making 1.750 this year, he is second on his team with 11 goals, 25 assists and all this while playing against other teams big lines. Dumping one of our bigger contracts would allow us room to acquire both Kesler and a descent D man to finish out the season.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Always liked Kesler, maybe he could add some of that secondary scoring

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
DutchShamrock

The only deal I see here is Dubinsky for Kesler... two promising, young centers that probably at this point will not live up to their complete potential. They have histories of being difficult during negotiations. Both GMs will look for a lateral move, not a move for future payoff (picks) or for a playoff surge (expiring contracts or veterans). Think of it in reverse, say we get closer to the deadline and Dubinsky is looking for a raise and managment is at an impasse, do you want to move Dubinsky for a bigger contract, a package of picks or a pending UFA?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
The only deal I see here is Dubinsky for Kesler... two promising, young centers that probably at this point will not live up to their complete potential. They have histories of being difficult during negotiations. Both GMs will look for a lateral move, not a move for future payoff (picks) or for a playoff surge (expiring contracts or veterans). Think of it in reverse, say we get closer to the deadline and Dubinsky is looking for a raise and managment is at an impasse, do you want to move Dubinsky for a bigger contract, a package of picks or a pending UFA?
I would do that in a heartbeat. Can't see Vancouver doing it, though. Kesler is the superior player in nearly every regard.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
MAYO

I would not want to move Dubi for anything right now, and I hear what you are saying, but we are so full of depth on the back end that we can afford to package something without touching our current line up. I love this site, some of you guys come out with mathematical equations that would make Einstein look like a fourth graderto be able to make a trade of sorts yet when others throw something a little more realistic out there the ''tourch'' comes out. But I understand, because gathering the biggest names to ice has always worked out so well for us in the past!!!

Old
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
MAYO

Hey Sting, you do realize that had Dubi played in all those games he missed due to injury he would be third on this team in scoring hands down, need I mention his + - rating as well

Old
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Rumor is talks are near an impasse between Kesler and the Canucks. I know he is no Kovy but let's be realistic with what we have to work with cap wise. Here is a guy who is only making 1.750 this year, he is second on his team with 11 goals, 25 assists and all this while playing against other teams big lines. Dumping one of our bigger contracts would allow us room to acquire both Kesler and a descent D man to finish out the season.
OK what are you giving up for him?

01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

With the news that Bieksa is going to miss 2-3 months, the Canucks may be interested in something like Girardi+ but I don't think that they have any intention of moving Kesler.

They may be at a standstill now, but he's not a UFA and I assume they will meet his demands should he get to 07/01/10 not inked.

However, I can dream can't I?

Girardi, Kotalik and a 2rd rounder

for

Kesler and we agree to take Demitra back

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
MAYO

As much as I think Lisin can be an asset to this team, Torts doesn't seem to like this kid. I would think somewhere along the lines of Lisin, and one of Potter and Sauer. Don't forget, if Kesler is not moved before the dead line they get nothing for him.

Old
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
CaptainCallahan*

Can we please stop with these pipe dream proposal threads? Why on earth would Vancouver want to trade a player like Kesler, a Selke winner no less, for anyone of our unwanted players? I hope to god Dubinsky blossoms into the player most of the people on these boards think he will, because he has received some very lofty praise and all he has shown me is inconsistent flashes. If he can do what he does game in and game out and maintain his energy, than I'd be more than willing to get on the Dubinsky bandwagon, but I just dont feel at this point in time he is anything special.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Kesler is one of the best 2nd line centers in the league, but Vancouver is in the hunt for the playoffs; Why would they trade him now? They'll probably trade his rights at the deadline if they can't get a deal done in the meantime.

We might have depth on the blueline in terms of prospects, but we don't have the resources to acquire a player of Kesler's caliber. Who are we going to send them? Rozsival? Redden? Girardi? The first two are out of the question, and Girardi on his own isn't enough to get Kesler, so you're now going to have to add from somewhere else to make the deal happen.

Plus, do we really want to acquire another player that is looking for a raise at the end of the year? We can't afford to resign our own RFA's as it stands right now, how do we find the money for Kesler?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
As much as I think Lisin can be an asset to this team, Torts doesn't seem to like this kid. I would think somewhere along the lines of Lisin, and one of Potter and Sauer. Don't forget, if Kesler is not moved before the dead line they get nothing for him.
I don't see the Canucks making that deal. They can probably get a better package than that. At least I don't see them packing up playoff hopes for that package.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:32 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
He's 25 years old with less than 7 seasons as a pro. Not sure he qualifies as a UFA.

How would the Canucks lose him for nothing?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Right, because Vancouver really wants to trade a near PPG forward and possible Selke candidate for a guy that can't score, and a d-man that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
AXN

Kotalik for Kesler.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Anytime I see Keslers name i think of the Commercial on NHL Network with the Hockey Moms...

"Ryan Kesler whose your favorite favorite player and you can't say yourself?"

Would love to see Kesler here, but only if it doesn't involve Dubinsky and or Callahan the other way.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
He's on my fantasy team, as are two other Canucks so I watch him every game on NHL Center Ice.

He's a very nice player, but we have a lot of those. Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan, Werek. All of them are or probably will be solid second line centers.

If Kesler were a little better, I'd take him because he'd be a first liner. As it is, it will be yet another second line center.

Pass unless we can do Dubi OR AA straight up for Kesler, and that's only because it would be a talent-upgrade for the Rangers. Maybe I'd throw in a defenseman like Sauer since we have too many blueliners ahead of him in the system anyway.

Staal, McD and Girardi will be good enough as far as our defensive Dmen go.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-05-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
If the Rangers want Kesler it will take some serious assets. Dubinsky and Girardi would be the minimum I am guessing. Would I do it? Absolutely.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
If the Rangers want Kesler it will take some serious assets. Dubinsky and Girardi would be the minimum I am guessing. Would I do it? Absolutely.
This guy is now Kovalchuk?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
No. Kovalchuk would take all our serious assets.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
No hes not Kovalchuk at all but he is still a good player. Gotta give to get.

Dubinsky
Girardi
Sanguinetti
1st in 2011

thats my guess of what it would take. Not sure where the Canucks' prospect pool is lacking right now. Just looking at the HF prospect roster for them and it looks like they are light on defense. Maybe Sanguinetti would do it.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:

Dubinsky
Girardi
Sanguinetti
1st in 2011

thats my guess of what it would take. Not sure where the Canucks' prospect pool is lacking right now. Just looking at the HF prospect roster for them and it looks like they are light on defense. Maybe Sanguinetti would do it.
2 good young roster players, a nhl ready prospect, and a 2011 1st? add this years 1st and thats what their asking for illya!

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Id pass on that. I would be hesitant to trade Dubi straight up.

Old
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Hey Sting, you do realize that had Dubi played in all those games he missed due to injury he would be third on this team in scoring hands down, need I mention his + - rating as well
How does this change the fact that Kesler is the better player?

Quote:
I would think you don't know what you're talking about.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:

Dubinsky
Girardi
Sanguinetti
1st in 2011

No offense...But that might be the worst proposal I have seen on here.