HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan Kesler

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
  #26
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
2 good young roster players, a nhl ready prospect, and a 2011 1st? add this years 1st and thats what their asking for illya!
Kesler > Dubinsky
Girardi is replaceable
MDZ, McDonagh, Staal, Heikkinen, Sauer is enough depth to replace Sanguinetti and Girardi
2011 looks like a cruddy draft right now anyway.

If this is a deadline deal the Rangers will have to overpay...thats the nature of the beast.

And the Rangers would have to give up better assets than these for Kovalchuk. If all it takes is Dubinsky, Girardi, Sangs, and 2 firsts for Kovalchuk then it should have been done awhile ago. Kovalchuk will take alot more.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:07 PM
  #27
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,281
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
No offense...But that might be the worst proposal I have seen on here.
I believe that that package is for Ilya and not Kesler.

Because if it is for Kesler.....geezaloo

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:10 PM
  #28
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,281
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Kesler > Dubinsky
Girardi is replaceable
MDZ, McDonagh, Staal, Heikkinen, Sauer is enough depth to replace Sanguinetti and Girardi
2011 looks like a cruddy draft right now anyway.

If this is a deadline deal the Rangers will have to overpay...thats the nature of the beast.

And the Rangers would have to give up better assets than these for Kovalchuk. If all it takes is Dubinsky, Girardi, Sangs, and 2 firsts for Kovalchuk then it should have been done awhile ago. Kovalchuk will take alot more.
A draft that will not take place for another 18 months looks cruddy?

You do realize the amount of physical, mental and emotional maturity a young person goes through at ages 16, 17 and 18?

Where can I buy my next "Win for Life" scratch off ticket?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
  #29
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
Can we please stop with these pipe dream proposal threads? Why on earth would Vancouver want to trade a player like Kesler, a Selke winner no less, for anyone of our unwanted players? I hope to god Dubinsky blossoms into the player most of the people on these boards think he will, because he has received some very lofty praise and all he has shown me is inconsistent flashes. If he can do what he does game in and game out and maintain his energy, than I'd be more than willing to get on the Dubinsky bandwagon, but I just dont feel at this point in time he is anything special.
You say that all the while rocking a Chris Drury poster. First of all you make it sound as if he has been here for so many years and his time is up. The guy had a weaker season last year for the most part, but was good down the stretch and played strogn cgainst the Caps. He is playing good this year especially since returning recovering from his injury. Also from what i remember played solid season two years ago with Jagr. I understand he could be better and bring his A game more often but there are not many players who do that this day and age and since i'm not in the NHL its hard to judge the reason, injuries or fatigue and that it is very tough league. If your that judgmental about him i would love to hear your evaluation of Chris Drury's consistency.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
  #30
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
Can we please stop with these pipe dream proposal threads? Why on earth would Vancouver want to trade a player like Kesler, a Selke winner no less, for anyone of our unwanted players? I hope to god Dubinsky blossoms into the player most of the people on these boards think he will, because he has received some very lofty praise and all he has shown me is inconsistent flashes. If he can do what he does game in and game out and maintain his energy, than I'd be more than willing to get on the Dubinsky bandwagon, but I just dont feel at this point in time he is anything special.
Kesler has never won the Selke

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
  #31
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Kesler has never won the Selke
I'm sure he meant finalist, which Kesler was in 2009.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:53 PM
  #32
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm sure he meant finalist, which Kesler was in 2009.
Well if we're using that logic, I'd like to be the first to congratulate Lundqvist on his three Vezina trophies. Well done Hank, close is good enough!

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
  #33
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
A draft that will not take place for another 18 months looks cruddy?

You do realize the amount of physical, mental and emotional maturity a young person goes through at ages 16, 17 and 18?

Where can I buy my next "Win for Life" scratch off ticket?
That's something people always say for some reason and I have no idea why. This years draft wasn't that good back in 08' etc...

As far as Kesler goes, sign me up I would do Dubinsky for Kesler straight up.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 07:50 PM
  #34
Rob Zepp
Registered User
 
Rob Zepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Rumor is talks are near an impasse between Kesler and the Canucks.
Fact is talks haven't started.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
  #35
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 500
I would trade anybody in our organization minus Gabby, Henrik, Staal, DZ, Dubi, Kreider and Cally for Kesler.

Grachev, Girardi and a 2nd.

Kesler is an excellent player and add another American to our roster hahaha

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
  #36
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
No offense...But that might be the worst proposal I have seen on here.
Pretty much. lol

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:36 PM
  #37
DBone19
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Id pass on that. I would be hesitant to trade Dubi straight up.
You're kidding right? If you watch Kesler play he's probably one of the better two way centers in the league. Vancouver is not letting him go, he's up there with the Sedin's and Luongo for the future of that team. Never gonna happen, but you guys can keep dreaming. Far superior than Dubinsky in every way, so straight up would be an absolute steal for the Rangers.

DBone19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
  #38
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBone19 View Post
You're kidding right? If you watch Kesler play he's probably one of the better two way centers in the league. Vancouver is not letting him go, he's up there with the Sedin's and Luongo for the future of that team. Never gonna happen, but you guys can keep dreaming. Far superior than Dubinsky in every way, so straight up would be an absolute steal for the Rangers.
That's pretty lofty praise for a guy that's scored 59 points once and 20 goals twice. Let's not forget that this Dubi's 3rd year in the league and Kesler has 3 more under his belt. I'm not going to argue that Dubi is a better player right now, but it's not like Kesler is leagues above him either. Dubinsky has some shortcomings and might actually excel more as a wing down the road, but he can bang, PK, skate, score, etc...

Kesler: 363 games, 76 Goals, 102 Assists - 178 points. Playoffs, 10 games 4 points

Dubinsky: 199 Games, 34 Goals, 67 Assists, 101 points. Playoffs, 17 games 12 points.

It might be a matter of the Canucks not being able to afford him than it is a matter of wanting to trade him. The Sedins and Luongo chew up about 20 million of cap space...

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
  #39
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
I'd give the Canucks a 3rd round pick for him... Either that or a 2nd, but a 2nd seems to much and the fact that we would need it if were to going to try and aqcuire Kovalchuk.

I'm not Sather, so...

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:16 PM
  #40
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The Sedins and Luongo chew up about 20 million of cap space...
That's a hell of a lot better spent $20 million on those three than our three.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
  #41
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
I would trade anybody in our organization minus Gabby, Henrik, Staal, DZ, Dubi, Kreider and Cally for Kesler.

Grachev, Girardi and a 2nd.

Kesler is an excellent player and add another American to our roster hahaha

WHAT? Girardi for Kesler might be a deal, but you'd also trade Grachev and a 2nd round pick? WHAT?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
  #42
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
That's a hell of a lot better spent $20 million on those three than our three.
Gaborik, Lundqvist, and Dubinsky?

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
  #43
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Gaborik, Lundqvist, and Dubinsky?
haha You know who I'm talking about.

Dreary.

Deadden.

Blowsival.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:05 PM
  #44
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Why would people trade Dubinsky? He is one of the rangers best forwards he has 20 points in 29 games and is a plus 7. Sure Kesler is a better player. But adding Kesler and subtracting Dubinsky isn't going to make that big of a difference.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
  #45
DBone19
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Why would people trade Dubinsky? He is one of the rangers best forwards he has 20 points in 29 games and is a plus 7. Sure Kesler is a better player. But adding Kesler and subtracting Dubinsky isn't going to make that big of a difference.
Umm ya it would. I hate when people look at stats and automatically assume that's all that makes the player. Kesler might not have great career numbers but he was also a 3rd or 4th liner in the beginning. Now he could be a second line center on ANY team and a first on a lot of teams. He wants to end his career in Vancouver so why is this even a discussion. I think behind Datsyuk and Zetterberg he is the third best two way player in the NHL.

DBone19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
  #46
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Anytime I see Keslers name i think of the Commercial on NHL Network with the Hockey Moms...

"Ryan Kesler whose your favorite favorite player and you can't say yourself?"

Would love to see Kesler here, but only if it doesn't involve Dubinsky and or Callahan the other way.
Came in the thread just to say this....but you beat me to it.

I never really understood that commercial, their chicago accents just kill me (at least it sounds chicago).

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:50 PM
  #47
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
It's a party all right

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 01:50 AM
  #48
BOXPLAY
Registered User
 
BOXPLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
You say that all the while rocking a Chris Drury poster. First of all you make it sound as if he has been here for so many years and his time is up. The guy had a weaker season last year for the most part, but was good down the stretch and played strogn cgainst the Caps. He is playing good this year especially since returning recovering from his injury. Also from what i remember played solid season two years ago with Jagr. I understand he could be better and bring his A game more often but there are not many players who do that this day and age and since i'm not in the NHL its hard to judge the reason, injuries or fatigue and that it is very tough league. If your that judgmental about him i would love to hear your evaluation of Chris Drury's consistency.

Do you listen to yourself. from what you remember he played a solid season ALONG JAGR..... I could have a solid season along Jagr. Dubinsky is not a top 6 foward in this league and most likely will never be

BOXPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:29 AM
  #49
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlueforNYR View Post
Came in the thread just to say this....but you beat me to it.

I never really understood that commercial, their chicago accents just kill me (at least it sounds chicago).
They sound Minnesotan to me.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
  #50
CaptainCallahan*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
You say that all the while rocking a Chris Drury poster. First of all you make it sound as if he has been here for so many years and his time is up. The guy had a weaker season last year for the most part, but was good down the stretch and played strogn cgainst the Caps. He is playing good this year especially since returning recovering from his injury. Also from what i remember played solid season two years ago with Jagr. I understand he could be better and bring his A game more often but there are not many players who do that this day and age and since i'm not in the NHL its hard to judge the reason, injuries or fatigue and that it is very tough league. If your that judgmental about him i would love to hear your evaluation of Chris Drury's consistency.
Drury sucks. I just put that picture up cause it looks cool, he's bleeding, and it represents the bias the refs have towards us. The pic is when we were playing the Pittsburgh Bettman's and he got high sticked but the refs 'missed it'. I bleed Ranger Blue, Drury bleeds Sather's Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm sure he meant finalist, which Kesler was in 2009.
Touche

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.