HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Oilers should do this

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
  #1
Sexington
Registered User
 
Sexington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Edmonton Oilers should do this

The Chicago Bears took out a full page ad in the paper to apologize for their season.

http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/201...-mistakes.html

Sexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
  #2
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexington View Post
The Chicago Bears took out a full page ad in the paper to apologize for their season.

http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/201...-mistakes.html
I don't want the entire organization to apologize. I want certain people in management and certain players to do it.

Lowe and Prendergast should be apologizing for their abysmal performance in management.

The players who should be apologizing are Moreau for his absolute lack of leadership, Horcoff for his atrocious play, and especially O'Sullivan for being an embarrassment to The Crest.

Some of the other players have had good seasons, they shouldn't be grouped in with their sad sack loser colleagues.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
  #3
hemskysuncle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
I don't want the entire organization to apologize. I want certain people in management and certain players to do it.

Lowe and Prendergast should be apologizing for their abysmal performance in management.

The players who should be apologizing are Moreau for his absolute lack of leadership, Horcoff for his atrocious play, and especially O'Sullivan for being an embarrassment to The Crest.

Some of the other players have had good seasons, they shouldn't be grouped in with their sad sack loser colleagues.
Are you saying, after all these years, there is actually an "I" in TEAM???

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
  #4
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,500
vCash: 50
Kevin Lowe should set up in the concourse for every home game for the rest of the season and wash the feet of season ticket holders.

And Shawn Horcoff, Gilbert and O'Sullivan should work the concessions for every Oil Kings game.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:58 AM
  #5
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,277
vCash: 96
Lowe should quit

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
  #6
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskysuncle View Post
Are you saying, after all these years, there is actually an "I" in TEAM???
There is an "m" and an "e".

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
  #7
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,424
vCash: 500
They have already done that in the past haven't they?

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
  #8
Oilerz
Registered User
 
Oilerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: River City. E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
The oil actually did this a few years back, did they not?

Oilerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
  #9
hemskysuncle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
There is an "m" and an "e".
how do people miss that???

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:08 PM
  #10
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
That would require accountability, which has been completely absent in this entire organization for the last decade.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
  #11
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
That would require accountability, which has been completely absent in this entire organization for the last decade.
Ain't that the truth.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
  #12
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerz View Post
The oil actually did this a few years back, did they not?
Yes they did. I'm pretty sure it was after the '07 season.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
  #13
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Pendergast apologized publicy last year for the mess in Springfield and vowed to correct it for this season.

Groundhog Day.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
  #14
Hemsky4PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Billeting Ales
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
Ultimate irony, the Oilers will probably be forced to bring the Roadrunners franchise out of mothballs because no other AHL team will agree to be affiliated with them after the Springfield catastrophe.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
  #15
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
That would require accountability, which has been completely absent in this entire organization for the last decade.
DING DING DING

Give this man a gold medal.

We love hockey so much that the fair city of Edmonton would never EVER do anything to hold their team accountable... which is really... well..

If people stopped going to the games... which would be the most radical action to take... it would just make Edmonton an easier team to move.

Getting thousands of people in on pre-game protests.

Flooding the Dan Tenser show with discussion having to do with what we've done since Messier has left, judgment of every bad decision Lowe has made(can't bring the good ones up at risk of accidentally confusing the listeners into believing that Lowe has helped the Oilers.) and how deplorable our development system is in the AHL.... Really. You know why Chorney rocks? Because he went through college. I'm 100% convinced that they're far better off taking that route of development because the snowblowers in Springfield have shown me in the past years that they have absolutely NO CLUE as to what to do with our kids.

Getting the crowd to chant "How long is long enough?!" at each and every home game.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
  #16
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
DING DING DING

Give this man a gold medal.

We love hockey so much that the fair city of Edmonton would never EVER do anything to hold their team accountable... which is really... well..

If people stopped going to the games... which would be the most radical action to take... it would just make Edmonton an easier team to move.

Getting thousands of people in on pre-game protests.

Flooding the Dan Tenser show with discussion having to do with what we've done since Messier has left, judgment of every bad decision Lowe has made(can't bring the good ones up at risk of accidentally confusing the listeners into believing that Lowe has helped the Oilers.) and how deplorable our development system is in the AHL.... Really. You know why Chorney rocks? Because he went through college. I'm 100% convinced that they're far better off taking that route of development because the snowblowers in Springfield have shown me in the past years that they have absolutely NO CLUE as to what to do with our kids.

Getting the crowd to chant "How long is long enough?!" at each and every home game.
Whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa!!! Hold the phone....

Since when does Taylor Chorney rock????? Your entire arguement is based on the 'success' of a guy with a -50 and counting +/- at the AHL level???

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
  #17
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
DING DING DING

Give this man a gold medal.

We love hockey so much that the fair city of Edmonton would never EVER do anything to hold their team accountable... which is really... well..

If people stopped going to the games... which would be the most radical action to take... it would just make Edmonton an easier team to move.

Getting thousands of people in on pre-game protests.

Flooding the Dan Tenser show with discussion having to do with what we've done since Messier has left, judgment of every bad decision Lowe has made(can't bring the good ones up at risk of accidentally confusing the listeners into believing that Lowe has helped the Oilers.) and how deplorable our development system is in the AHL.... Really. You know why Chorney rocks? Because he went through college. I'm 100% convinced that they're far better off taking that route of development because the snowblowers in Springfield have shown me in the past years that they have absolutely NO CLUE as to what to do with our kids.

Getting the crowd to chant "How long is long enough?!" at each and every home game.
Those snowblowers in springfield haven't had any talent to work with.

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
  #18
Teamcanada
Registered User
 
Teamcanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone View Post
Those snowblowers in springfield haven't had any talent to work with.
Kinda happens when most of the "talent" has to come up to the supposed big team and suck it up.

Teamcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
  #19
Krut
Registered User
 
Krut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa!!! Hold the phone....

Since when does Taylor Chorney rock????? Your entire arguement is based on the 'success' of a guy with a -50 and counting +/- at the AHL level???
It isn't really fair to rip on Chorney's AHL +/- considering he is on the AHL equivalent of the '92 Senators.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
  #20
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
There is an "m" and an "e".
Oh snap!

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
  #21
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,667
vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
It isn't really fair to rip on Chorney's AHL +/- considering he is on the AHL equivalent of the '92 Senators.
He wasn't exactly doing that great against the lesser competition when he was up here. But he isn't a defensive d-man, so not sure why that is even being talked about. You bring Chorney up it is because you want some offense not defense from the backend.

edit: wow no that i look and see he is -19 in 16 games and is the worse d-man by quite a bit I may have to re-think my comment.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
  #22
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
They apologized a couple of years ago. Personally I don't want another "apology", I'd rather they just go out and fix the team.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
  #23
fancy dan*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,623
vCash: 500
the oilers are junk, and clearly they have been mismanaged. what is overlooked on this board is the impact that injuries have had on this organization this year and the last few. this team would not be as bad as it is currently if they had a healthy khabibulin, hemsky, pisani, vishnovsky, etc.

fancy dan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.