HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-2

Old
01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Bah this is a 10th-11th place team. Mediocre team with a boring style.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
RandomJunkie

I can see it coming.

Price traded because he can't deal with the pressure. We keep Halak who becomes a decent #1. Price becomes a top goaltender elsewhere.

Why deal with the media, the fans when he could just go elsewhere, where people will leave him alone ? Where he'll be able to do what he loves, play hockey, without thousands of people analyzing his every move like they knew better ?

My point is that I don't feel Price is enjoying playing for this team.

RandomJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Let Halak play. For some weird reason we're just better with him in.
lol perfect time to put halak in at home vs the panthers to let this "theory" continue to grow.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
when i made this comment earlier

i forgot to add a ? thread got closed before i can fix it
i dont blame price for the game i was referring to ppl who seem to only blame and praise goalies for our wins and losses

the last goal though i think would not go in if he was standing....
You dont know that. It was Semin, Price need to cover as much angle as possible. It was bad luck, nothing else. He cannot stand up, covering one side only when Semin is in front of him, it would open a huge gap on his right.

Blaming a goalie is the easiest thing to do, if either Carey or Jaro is having a decent game, they will be blame because our team cant ****ing score, especially when Price is in net.

When we win a game, our goalie almost ALWAYS have to steal the game. See all the player of the month: Price, Price, Halak..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomJunkie View Post
I can see it coming.

Price traded because he can't deal with the pressure. We keep Halak who becomes a decent #1. Price becomes a top goaltender elsewhere.

Why deal with the media, the fans when he could just go elsewhere, where people will leave him alone ? Where he'll be able to do what he loves, play hockey, without thousands of people analyzing his every move like they knew better ?

Dude, you just analyzed him.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I was just watching the RDS feed and watched the Habs lose again and bore me to death!

That being besides the point, I want to talk about Carey Price's body language after shots and goals against him.

Their were several instances where he made a routine save and got up and looked like he was mad or frustrated about being shot against.

On the 4th goal (Semin slapshot), he gave Spacek a stare down!

I know that we are being outshot all the time and that we are not playing well in our defensive zone, however, give me a break! Have a better attitude than that. I am a Price supporter and will always be, but this attitude and ego is getting to me.

Benoit Brunet even said: ''Les jouers l'aime pas les geste comme ca''
Who cares what the players like or don't like? He shows his emotions. When the players do it it's OK and when the goalie does it it's not? I've seen Halak do the same thing and there's never any comment.

I'd be frustrated too if every goal against went in off some player of mine or my players don't let me see the puck until it's behind me.

I don't normally defend goalies or run them down but this season Price has had more goals go in off sticks, shin pads, equipment or body parts than he let in straight up. If there was such a thing as bad luck Price would be the poster boy.

My rant for the day!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Yes I know, I've now chewed the rest of my finger nails.
As much as I want H10H to lose, Id rather see Canada pull a win

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
People blaming Price are morons, you know who you are.

That is all.
Facts are that this team just can't win with constantly with Price in the nets : 10-14-3, while with Halak we are 11-6-0. I don't pretend to know exactly why, and don't but all the blame on Price's shoulder. But, he's just not the clutch player we need him to be when it counts.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:40 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomJunkie View Post
I can see it coming.

what can you see coming? Teflon Bob reiterated again tonight that he'll try to accommodate halak in a trade if the right deal comes along

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I was just watching the RDS feed and watched the Habs lose again and bore me to death!

That being besides the point, I want to talk about Carey Price's body language after shots and goals against him.

Their were several instances where he made a routine save and got up and looked like he was mad or frustrated about being shot against.

On the 4th goal (Semin slapshot), he gave Spacek a stare down!

I know that we are being outshot all the time and that we are not playing well in our defensive zone, however, give me a break! Have a better attitude than that. I am a Price supporter and will always be, but this attitude and ego is getting to me.

Benoit Brunet even said: ''Les jouers l'aime pas les geste comme ca''
I'd like to know what the hell we are supposed to tell of Price's looks through a camera, and through his mask - this is all speculation. I don't think he's a bad teammate at all, but hey if that's what floats your boat, think that. Personally I refuse to believe this and think that Brunet is an idiot for even bringing this up.

The fact of the matter is the team was garbage on defense tonight. I am longing for Ryan O'Byrne to get back, at least he hit someone here and there.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Holy moly! 43 shots on Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's Washington, a team with legit shooters.
Again it's another night when Price has over .900% saves and still loses the game. We hung in there with the 5th best team in the league so no as bad as the score may show although a loss is a loss.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At least what it will do is give more credit to AKost's play.....

I'd like to see D'Agostini get a shot until AKost returns. Not Moen please....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I would start putting Gorges on the PP instead of Spacek...this is ridiculous, he failed to hold puck in zone at least a dozen times, then usually turned it over again in own end after Price bailed him out. Gorges has a more accurate shot and is better at holding zone.

As terrible as the Habs were, the Caps couldn't score without help from the refs (that first PP, miss a high stick, then miss slash on Markov stick), then 2 goals in one shift deflected off Hall Gill...wow.
Yeah. I was thinking the same. At least, currently Gorges is more mobile, which helps preventing puck from leaving the zone and his shot has more chances of producing some opportunities.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CTHabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Let Halak play. For some weird reason we're just better with him in.
If Halak played, would the Canadiens not have been outshot 43-26? Please stop with the goalie debate and start blaming guys who aren't doing much of anything.

Has anyone seen Maxim Lapierre lately?

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Facts are that this team just can't win with constantly with Price in the nets : 10-14-3, while with Halak we are 11-6-0. I don't pretend to know exactly why, and don't but all the blame on Price's shoulder. But, he's just not the clutch player we need him to be when it counts.
maybe because Halak is 9-0-0 against sub .500 teams

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
I think you should re-word your post.

Your initial point seems to be : Price isn't a clutch player because the team plays better in front of Halak.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RandomJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Dude, you just analyzed him.
I'm not blaming people for analyzing him. It's in our culture to watch hockey and to be very passionate about it. I'm saying it's just not for him. Not with this roster. Not with this environment.

Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And you're suppose to be a mod. Tsk tsk.

Does your wife also get mad at you when you spend the entire game with your butt glued to the chair, in front of the computer?
I'm very fast, I'm able to moderate, watch the game, make posts and eat nachos all at the same time.

Haha..shhh...she thinks I'm working right now.

m00ks

Another frustrating one. One good bounce, one call made, one more good save and momentum could have easily shifted and possibly the outcome of the game.

2nd game Pleks is off. He appears to miss Andrei as much as Gomez misses Gionta. That whole line aren't even getting chances anymore. I'll loose my hair if I see Cammy try to stick handle his way for zone entry again.

Tough one. Road game against a very very good team coming off a 3 game loosing streak. Next two games are must wins, FLA is doable but NJD is a long shot. We're burning through our schedule and not making any ground. I think it'll be another photo finish. Realistically I think there's only 3 playoff spots left.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Holy moly! 43 shots on Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's Washington, a team with legit shooters.
You're not really surprised the Habs gave up over 40 shots are you? You must have forgot the ...

Thankfully the Habs are a puck possession team or they would give up over 60 shots ever game...

J Martin's definition of a puck possession team and mine are totally different..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
As much as I want H10H to lose, Id rather see Canada pull a win
Haha..Be nice...I'm married to a Russian. So I can arrange for you to be sent back.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
I think you should re-word your post.

Your initial point seems to be : Price isn't a clutch player because the team plays better in front of Halak.
If you have the stats to stand your point, than I'll welcome them.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

2010 sucks, Let's repeat that last 2 weeks of 2009.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Spacek turns out as a terrible terrible signing. Putting Bergeron in the same sentence as him is retarded. At least Bergeron knows how and where to shoot. And at worst, Bergeron is paid how much for how many years again? While Spacek's play either proves he's left his best years behind or that he was solely a product of Ruff's system. Or a combination of both. There had to be other d-men out there, righties, that would have done a better job....

Still......we just were beaten by a better team....anybody surprised? We beat teams we should, we get beat by the ones who should beat us. Totally proving we're an 8th to 11th place team. Nothing more, nothing less. Rinse and repeat.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RandomJunkie

Spacek got worse.

But there again, if he were playing at his natural position, things would be different.