HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-2

Old
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Psychanalyzing Price for his body language has always struck me as stupid. You have no idea if he said anything to Spacek while he gave him that stare.

Price's body language is not the problem. Stinking at even-strength is the problem. A system that doesn't 40-shot barrages, regardless of goaltender, is the problem.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Psychanalyzing Price for his body language has always struck me as stupid. You have no idea if he said anything to Spacek while he gave him that stare.

Price's body language is not the problem. Stinking at even-strength is the problem. A system that doesn't 40-shot barrages, regardless of goaltender, is the problem.
Blaming Price is the easiest thing to do here. They rather blame the young kid that the 22 guys in front of him failing to score game after game.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
In 77 games combined Pacioretty and Lapierre have a grand total of 5 goals mainly form the 3rd line.

This is friggin pathetic. Waive Lapierre and Send Pacs to the minors ASAP.

Lapierre sucked without his ferry friend Latendresse and has sucked even worse since he left.

Price his not to blame for this loss has we were badly outshot and outchanced again.

Either Matin is an idiot or we simply do not have the players to play the preffered system.

Either way Gainey has got to be responsible for this lack of depth.

Halak to the rescue again.
Fantastic suggestion

The Leafs winning is a good thing, btw... just enough to give the Bruins a crappy pick

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Let Halak play. For some weird reason we're just better with him in.
Too bad Halak didn't play and experience the poor D and poor O the Habs put up. Then you'd see your weird reason fail to work.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Miller Time

why all the doom and gloom?

Caps are a very good team, we are a very mediocre team... it is what it is.

We need to get our points, as often as possible, from the other bottom dwellers, and that way we can sneak into the playoffs and cross our fingers for some games in the 2nd round... that's the team we have folks, no sense getting all torn up about it.

but man oh man would it be nice to see a habs roster loaded up the way the caps are. it's long overdue, but this is a new decade and we can't possibly be as bad as we were this past decade, can we???

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:25 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
The feeling I get, is that he(Price) has the exact same attitude as his many supporters here...NOTHING is ever his fault.
The feeling you have would be wrong on both accounts. A lot of believe that both goalies are good, and it does nothing to bash one over the other.

We've SO many problems above and beyond the goalies. This team has a lot more talent than it shows, a lot more. The problem is that we don't have the depth to deal with injuries to our top 6, however we have been unlucky once again when Sergei, and Andrei both go down at the same time as Pacioretty had gone in a downward spiral and D'Ags continues to suck balls.

The team is good, but is missing still another top 6 forward for depth.

Imagine a lineup like this for instance:

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
Cammy-Pleks-Akost
Big Body-Metro-Skost
White-Lappy-Moen

We are missing a big top 6 forward who can go from line 3 to top line if needed. No, where do we get that forward?

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Ginu

Price facing 43 shots against Washington and ends with a .907 SV%. I'd say he had a stellar game being shelled like that.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
The feeling you have would be wrong on both accounts. A lot of believe that both goalies are good, and it does nothing to bash one over the other.

We've SO many problems above and beyond the goalies. This team has a lot more talent than it shows, a lot more. The problem is that we don't have the depth to deal with injuries to our top 6, however we have been unlucky once again when Sergei, and Andrei both go down at the same time as Pacioretty had gone in a downward spiral and D'Ags continues to suck balls.

The team is good, but is missing still another top 6 forward for depth.

Imagine a lineup like this for instance:

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
Cammy-Pleks-Akost
Big Body-Metro-Skost
White-Lappy-Moen

We are missing a big top 6 forward who can go from line 3 to top line if needed. No, where do we get that forward?
we already have him
people know him as benny poo

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
mvp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Again it's another night when Price has over .900% saves and still loses the game. We hung in there with the 5th best team in the league so no as bad as the score may show although a loss is a loss.
Yup we did a pretty decent job against one of the top teams, also caps have only lost 3 times in regulation at home..
Frustrating that Montreal still can't keep intensity for full games. When we scored to make it 3-2 we found some jump in our game but by then it was too late..

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
why all the doom and gloom?

Caps are a very good team, we are a very mediocre team... it is what it is.
I agree somewhat. It's not like we lost this game to this year's Carolina Hurricanes.

The main problem is there aren't guys there stepping up (offensively) when key people go down. Guys like D'Ago and Patches just aren't taking advantage of the opportunities that have been given to them.

Given how injury prone we've been this year, we probably still need a Top 6 forward... we already have six such forwards but they rarely seem to be healthy all at the same time...

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
we already have him
people know him as benny poo
Sorry to say, but we need another one of those big bodies, Patches is not that guy yet, unfortunately, but that's the truth

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Unless this team starts winning soon, and frequently, with Price in nets, I really don't see him signing with the Habs again. Im a Price supporter but it seems like he isnt enjoying his time here, on and off the ice.
He would enjoy it much better with competent Dmen in front of him.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:32 PM
LaurentHou*

The capitals hit habs a lot. Why Laraque is in the line-up, the most useless player i have ever seen. Our team is weak, that angry me... I hate that, we need more heart, more Québécois.

LaurentHou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Well, team is back to stinking 5-on-5 I see.

I really wish someone would man up and ask Martin why he's coaching one of the worst even-strength teams in the league and what he feels needs to be done to remedy that -- and not accept platitudes like "shoot more" (need the puck first). Or his inane mantra of special teams and goaltending, which is basically admitting his team stinks 5-on-5. Saying that special teams and goaltending decide games is basically code for "hang on for dear life, hope our goalie saves our ***** and we score on the power play".

The Habs are the weakest team in the league in the first period, have a weak five-on-five scheme (collapsing defense, clear up the boards, no transition, concede every zone), have the worst penalty differential in the league by far, and do not perform to the level their talent level would suggest.

Explain to me again why I'm supposed to feel this is a well-coached team?
lol cuz coaching's not the problem. Washington is just the better team. Our play stabilized as expected with Gio and Hammer's return and we've matched our opposition shot for shot chance for chance. Miller even had to bail Buffalo against us. I was actually curious to see what you had to say but you were quiet in the past 3 games. Anyweyz, if anything's it's Plek's dip in performance coupled with the Kostitsyn bros' injury that's affecting goal production.

We'll look good against FLA. Washington's just a different animal. So is Jersey.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Like always I blame the loss on the Kost bros......euros

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
The capitals hit habs a lot. Why Laraque is in the line-up, the most useless player i have ever seen. Our team is weak, that angry me... I hate that, we need more heart, more Québécois.
Oh, the irony!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Carolina can beat the caps 6-3 last week, LA can beat them too yet we can't because they're good? Yeah ok ******** excuse for a loser.
Wow! NHL teams beating other NHL teams on any given night! What novelty!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:42 PM
mvp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Oh, the irony!
lol I was just thinking that

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
MicroFracture

Quote:
Like Tanguay?

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JackZap

Players who need to go

Spacek
Mara
Dagostini
Laraque

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Go to Habsinsideout and listen to Gainey. He is happy with the goaltending and the special teams, other than that he doesn't sound to impressed. He said we are at the place in the division because of how we have played overall and that we will be battling with 7 teams for the last 3 playoff spots.

Also listen about Halak, he talks highly of him and the goalies together, but he has said Halak has played well and has helped himself look good to other teams out there to get a chance at being the #1...the #1 here is Price and Halak will be dealt.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Fantastic suggestion

The Leafs winning is a good thing, btw... just enough to give the Bruins a crappy pick
Well, then, we should start rooting against Carolina and particularly against Anaheim, which is in the West conference.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Yes!

More Latendresse and Lapierre's are needed!!!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
The feeling I get, is that he(Price) has the exact same attitude as his many supporters here...NOTHING is ever his fault.
WOW dude, you really know hockey.....give up 40-50 shots on most nights and win only because of a great goaltender (Price or Halak). Lose after giving up 40+ shots and its Prices fault. Bravo dude Bravo......THERE ARE 5 OTHER PLAYERS ON THE ICE . They are just as accountable as the goalie.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Yes!

More Latendresse and Lapierre's are needed!!!
you forgot more Laraques

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote