HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-2

Old
01-05-2010, 11:02 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

vCash: 500
Hey folks,

Tried to ask this question in the "Montreal" thread, but it seems lightly trafficked.

What time do you typically need to show up at La Cage aux Sports in the Bell Center to expect a table for a weekend game? I really love the pregame arena atmosphere, but last year I had to wait outside almost a full hour (i.e., obviously I got there late).

Thank you.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:28 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Hey folks,

Tried to ask this question in the "Montreal" thread, but it seems lightly trafficked.

What time do you typically need to show up at La Cage aux Sports in the Bell Center to expect a table for a weekend game? I really love the pregame arena atmosphere, but last year I had to wait outside almost a full hour (i.e., obviously I got there late).

Thank you.
I always go at La Cage around 6:00pm-6:15pm and never had to wait more than 10 mins really.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
I always go at La Cage around 6:00pm-6:15pm and never had to wait more than 10 mins really.
^^

Forgot to say, 6:00PM when the games start at 7:30pm.

So obviously if its 7:00pm, its another thing..

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:32 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
lol cuz coaching's not the problem. Washington is just the better team.
Getting torched by Washington in a one-off game is one thing. I could live with that.

Add that to 40-shot barrages from the Islanders, the Maple Leafs, and the Thrashers -- hardly world-beaters -- and getting their ***** saved by goaltending, and it becomes a trend -- a disturbing trend.

(Note that I am even nice enough to give the team a pass on the Carolina blowout, because big early leads often result in meaningless lopsided shot totals.)

Given the team 'boasts' the league's fourth-worst 5-on-5 goals ratio, well, at this point it's not just a Washington-is-just better thing, wouldn't you say?

Or maybe these are all better teams than the Habs, and the Habs just have such unreal goaltending that it bails them from the league basement. The way the Habs play their games, it's not an outrageous claim on the face of it, but I think the Habs' roster is better than that, particularly at the blueline. Remember, Markov played all those games that Halak had to steal.

Quote:
I was actually curious to see what you had to say but you were quiet in the past 3 games.
Forgive me for sticking to holiday stuff.

I'd hoped we turned a corner, actually, and was waiting to see if it would last. Hopefully, this game is a one-off and Martin cracks the whip or something, but given recent history, the 3-game stretch is what looks more like a fluke.

Quote:
Anyweyz, if anything's it's Plek's dip in performance coupled with the Kostitsyn bros' injury that's affecting goal production.
I'm not concerned with goal production so much as with ludicrously lopsided shot and chances totals -- an ongoing trend, and I'm not willing to hide behind the excuse of "ZOMG it was the Capitals" to dismiss what's been a pattern for a while.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Habs13

Beregron can't play defense and should be used only on the power play. Gill can't play defense and should be used only on the penalty kill.

The above sentence is half-hearted (partial joke...)

But anyway, when the hell is this team going to stick up for each other?? Again, we see a player take a questionable hit and NOBODY stands up for him. And what's worse, the player getting hit was PLEKANEC! 46 points in 44 games and still nobody skates over to say anything to Knuble??? WHAT? At the very least, rub some glove in his face, ********!

What happened to Moen? Somebody told me we have an enforcer named George or something? Is he that small guy that plays D... #26?? How sad is it, when there's a scum against the glass and the smallest guy on the ice, Brian Gionta, is the only one throwing the most weight around from the Habs. Hal Gill was standing right there, looking dumbfounded. At least Lapierre gave a half-hearted scent of grit. I hate having a team full of *****s. Next rant.

What is Gomez good for? How many times does he throw a rush offside per game? Big mouth and good speed... but that's it.

Where did Cammalleri go? And why do I still have a hard time spelling his name?

I like what I've seen from Pouliot though! Seems to have a lot of skills but little confidence - at least confidence can be taught.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:36 AM
LastRide

You want to fix the problem of getting outplayed and outshot?. There are a few guys on defense that need to take the first bus out of town. Gill and Mara are slugs on the ice. They are slow with poor stick handling and passing ability. They make good screens for our goalies. Spacek is a big disappoinment. Gorges isn't playing as well as he has in the past. I don't know what to say about O'Byrne yet. He's really nothing special at this point.

Some will disagree, but I truly believe the big problem is on defense. Sure there are a few guys on offense that are not playing well, and we can still use another top 6 player. Sloppy clearing attempts is another area that needs work. Just can't get that puck out of our zone sometimes.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:41 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Getting torched by Washington in a one-off game is one thing. I could live with that.

Add that to 40-shot barrages from the Islanders, the Maple Leafs, and the Thrashers -- hardly world-beaters -- and getting their ***** saved by goaltending, and it becomes a trend -- a disturbing trend.

(Note that I am even nice enough to give the team a pass on the Carolina blowout, because big early leads often result in meaningless lopsided shot totals.)

Given the team 'boasts' the league's fourth-worst 5-on-5 goals ratio, well, at this point it's not just a Washington-is-just better thing, wouldn't you say?

Or maybe these are all better teams than the Habs, and the Habs just have such unreal goaltending that it bails them from the league basement. The way the Habs play their games, it's not an outrageous claim on the face of it, but I think the Habs' roster is better than that, particularly at the blueline. Remember, Markov played all those games that Halak had to steal.

Forgive me for sticking to holiday stuff.

I'd hoped we turned a corner, actually, and was waiting to see if it would last. Hopefully, this game is a one-off and Martin cracks the whip or something, but given recent history, the 3-game stretch is what looks more like a fluke.

I'm not concerned with goal production so much as with ludicrously lopsided shot and chances totals -- an ongoing trend, and I'm not willing to hide behind the excuse of "ZOMG it was the Capitals" to dismiss what's been a pattern for a while.
Actually I thought we did turn the corner and it coincided perfectly with Gionta and Hamrlik's return. Now obviously, getting shalacked in shot total will still happen once in a while, hell, Ottawa peppered both Buffalo and Pittsburgh last month, two very good teams. The main thing is this is the first time in 5 games it's occured which is already suggestive of a change in trend, ever since we've gotten 'relatively' healthy. I'm willing to wager we'd get our feet back vs FLA.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:00 AM
HF-Addict

Well it's been said a few times, but disappointing game by Spacek. 2nd game off for Pleky and his line.

But seriously, that boring system by Jacques Martin is ****ing useless. Washington defencemen looked like freaking all-stars compared to us. 3 or 4 lame shots a period isn,t gonna cut it.

I know they are somewhat giving the blueline, but *******, they were giving them the whole ice tonight, entering the habs zone is barely harder than stealing a candy to a kid and it has become a trend.

No intensity, no guts, nobody sticks up for their teammate, this team is missing emotion (and a ******** of other things).

This team is boring me to death.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Crystal Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Well it's been said a few times, but disappointing game by Spacek. 2nd game off for Pleky and his line.

But seriously, that boring system by Jacques Martin is ****ing useless. Washington defencemen looked like freaking all-stars compared to us. 3 or 4 lame shots a period isn,t gonna cut it.

I know they are somewhat giving the blueline, but *******, they were giving them the whole ice tonight, entering the habs zone is barely harder than stealing a candy to a kid and it has become a trend.

No intensity, no guts, nobody sticks up for their teammate, this team is missing emotion (and a ******** of other things).

This team is boring me to death.
Seriously, i fell asleep in the middle of the 2-3 last games.

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:12 AM
holyhabs

i look at a team like the canucks who have solid role players (who now are even better) like kesler, burrows and now raymond. we are stuck with dagostini and lapierre.

we need to get lappy going. he was our best player last year. put metro on the 4th for all i care..get him going because we need him.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:18 AM
KingGallagherXI

Martin is a moron for not putting Markov on the Ice for 2 full minutes on a powerplay with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

He ****ing changed the pair like 50 seconds in.

MARKOV CAN HANDLE TWO ****ING MINUTES OF PP TIME, JACQUES

FFS

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:36 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Martin is a moron for not putting Markov on the Ice for 2 full minutes on a powerplay with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

He ****ing changed the pair like 50 seconds in.

MARKOV CAN HANDLE TWO ****ING MINUTES OF PP TIME, JACQUES

FFS
"Tous nos défenseurs sont à peu près égaux" (all our d-men are about equal)

When he said this at the beginning of the season, I thought he wasn't naming Markov because it was quite obvious he was out of this world. Now, I wonder if he knows who this guy really is.

That, and FINALLY deciding to put Pouliot on the PP instead of Pacioretty. BRAVO MARTIN! 2nd chance he gets and he gets a goal almost instantly.

Not only is he having a very long reach, but he's exceptionnally quick for a guy of his stature, and he reads the play perfectly. That's why I'm not worried like some people about whether or not he's a 10 games wonder. He's got qualities you just CAN'T teach to a player that will make him a dangerous player... even when he's not pulling the pedal to the floor.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:25 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i distance myself from depressing results and ensuing newspaper articles.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Also Halak has had eight starts against top end competition, he's 2-6 with GAA well north of 3
When was Price's last win against "top end" competition? Was it against Philly on Dec. 7th (currently 12th in the conference), or Boston on Dec. 4th (5th place)?

That's one reason I love Price. He always beats the Bruins (2 of his 4 wins against "top end competition" this season).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Not to try to correct you or anything, but last time I did stats (about a week ago), Atlanta and Toronto were in the Top-10 for goals. Just because they allow more goals, doesn't mean they aren't ''world class'' offensive teams.

Also, on Hockey Night in Canada a few weeks back, Toronto was said to be the team which averages the most shots in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Traitor8

People always act that Price is doing so good against good teams and thats' why he is #1 ...

look at the record people.

Price is
3-2 against sub500 teams.
7-16 against 500 or higher teams.

Halak is
7-0 against sub500 teams.
4-6 against 500 or higher teams.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:57 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Not to try to correct you or anything, but last time I did stats (about a week ago), Atlanta and Toronto were in the Top-10 for goals.
But as you say, they're also correspondingly weaker defensive teams. They may be able to generate shot barrages (though 35-40 is excessive), but it should follow that the Habs would be able to generate similar offense in return. We shouldn't see those teams dominate the play constantly and the Habs winning only by crock, because their goaltender saved their game while the opposition goaltender was less than stellar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Also, on Hockey Night in Canada a few weeks back, Toronto was said to be the team which averages the most shots in the league.
And the Habs the second-fewest. You don't see this as indicative of a problem? They're getting constantly outshot, outchanced, and outplayed. Even against teams like Toronto that wallow in the cellar of the conference.

Unless the Habs go back to at least playing roughly even games (which they seemed to do briefly over the last few games) then they're going to be in trouble. This craptastic 5-on-5 play will take them to the lottery.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:43 AM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
When was Price's last win against "top end" competition? Was it against Philly on Dec. 7th (currently 12th in the conference), or Boston on Dec. 4th (5th place)?

That's one reason I love Price. He always beats the Bruins (2 of his 4 wins against "top end competition" this season).
Yup, against Boston. But like I said in my prior post, his GAA avg. against top-end competition is 1.10 better than Halak's - not Price's fault we can't score against these teams.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:01 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
The feeling I get, is that he(Price) has the exact same attitude as his many supporters here...NOTHING is ever his fault.
Get ****ing real Rickkins. It is people like you that blame him for everything
It is his fault that a team gets outshot 50-15 and they lose 1-0
Price didnt steal us that game FOR SHAME. He should have done more

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:09 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
The capitals hit habs a lot. Why Laraque is in the line-up, the most useless player i have ever seen. Our team is weak, that angry me... I hate that, we need more heart, more Québécois.
You mean guys like Lapierre and Laraque and Latendresse ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Erik Estrada

I don't have a bone to pick in the Price/Halak wars. I'm happy with whoever gets things done on any given night... I know many factors affect the win/loss colums but the growing discrepancy between Halak and Price stats will get harder and harder to justify to the avg fan.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:33 AM
PunkinDrublic*

You are right and the Habs problems go way deeper than goaltending contraversies.
There seems to be NO chemistry between the players, no one sticks up for another. They play Tanguay type hockey. Everything is out of the perimeter. Most shots are from way outside, no one drives the net. No one disturbs the opposing team. Laraque doesn't scare anyone. Spacek can't shoot a one time for his life. Mara is very weak and does not stick up for his buddies, no one just gets in there and throws them. We get pushed around night after night. Gill is not the problem on D.
Why does JM not leave Markov out for the full 2 min of power play in the 3rd period with 3 min left is BEYOND my comprehension. Ovy can do it for Washington, but Markov can't for the Habs.

I can't stand this trap type hockey, it doesn't work for the type of players BG picked up.
You have to be big to plug up the middle of the ice. Cammy, Gionta, Pleks, and Gomez are not the best elements for playing a trap. Let them play RUN AND GUN hockey and just hope your goalies will do the job. Because this garbage sytem JM is using is obviously NOT working.

Old
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
mvp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
i distance myself from depressing results and ensuing newspaper articles.
hahaha I feel you, No way I watch Canadien Express on a losing night

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:46 AM
HotPie

I personally haven't been impressed with Martin's passive and stagnant system. Too many guys floating on the ice at times.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I personally haven't been impressed with Martin's passive and stagnant system. Too many guys floating on the ice at times.
Time for J Molson to step up and bring in his best friend P McGuire. Atleast if we are going to be mediocre, we will be with a bang. No more floaters. Damn i hate watching this team. JM actually turned Gionta and Cammy into floaters. Good job !