HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 4-2

Old
01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
I didn't liked the Spacek signing back in July.

And 6 months later, I ****ing hate it. The guy is so ****ing useless and *********.
He's a legit top 4 NHL d-man, had a bad game, deal with it. The problem last night was we had no sustained attack until the game was 3-1, not the defense that was the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
But as you say, they're also correspondingly weaker defensive teams. They may be able to generate shot barrages (though 35-40 is excessive), but it should follow that the Habs would be able to generate similar offense in return. We shouldn't see those teams dominate the play constantly and the Habs winning only by crock, because their goaltender saved their game while the opposition goaltender was less than stellar.

And the Habs the second-fewest. You don't see this as indicative of a problem? They're getting constantly outshot, outchanced, and outplayed. Even against teams like Toronto that wallow in the cellar of the conference.

Unless the Habs go back to at least playing roughly even games (which they seemed to do briefly over the last few games) then they're going to be in trouble. This craptastic 5-on-5 play will take them to the lottery.
It's not hard to see why they give up so many shots, as sson as the puck is turned over or the opposition has it on a dump in, everybody retreats and there is no forecheck. JM doesn't seem to realise that in the NHl no matter how fast your forwards are and how good your PP is, you won't score 4 goals per game without a forecheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Time for J Molson to step up and bring in his best friend P McGuire. Atleast if we are going to be mediocre, we will be with a bang. No more floaters. Damn i hate watching this team. JM actually turned Gionta and Cammy into floaters. Good job !
I would seriously cheer for Toronto before a team with that idiot at the helm.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-06-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Merge
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I personally haven't been impressed with Martin's passive and stagnant system.
Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling this is a problem -- if not THE problem. Martin's system is apparently not designed to win hockey games...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
I always go at La Cage around 6:00pm-6:15pm and never had to wait more than 10 mins really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
^^

Forgot to say, 6:00PM when the games start at 7:30pm.

So obviously if its 7:00pm, its another thing..
Thanks for the help. I got there at 5:30 for the 7pm Devils game last January, and had to wait outside on line for about 45 minutes. Maybe it was just a fluke that they were so slammed that night.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would seriously cheer for Toronto before a team with that idiot at the helm.
Promise ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's a legit top 4 NHL d-man, had a bad game, deal with it. The problem last night was we had no sustained attack until the game was 3-1, not the defense that was the issue.
I don't like Spacek's play too...

But the REAL problem is that he doesn't play on his best side- the left side !

Gainey should had known before signing him and/or Gill. Markov and Hamrlik are the first two left-handed d-men.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Spacek turns out as a terrible terrible signing. Putting Bergeron in the same sentence as him is retarded. At least Bergeron knows how and where to shoot. And at worst, Bergeron is paid how much for how many years again? While Spacek's play either proves he's left his best years behind or that he was solely a product of Ruff's system. Or a combination of both. There had to be other d-men out there, righties, that would have done a better job....

Still......we just were beaten by a better team....anybody surprised? We beat teams we should, we get beat by the ones who should beat us. Totally proving we're an 8th to 11th place team. Nothing more, nothing less. Rinse and repeat.
spacek is a decent Dman who was well insulated in the sabres line-up. Ruff has that team playing solid 2-way hockey and has done so for the last 5 years or so, of course he has the benefit of those very adept forwards. I didn't like the signing of Spacek when it was made as Montreal didn't have depth at the position the way that Buffalo did

The hire of Jack Martin to coach this team was also baffling, other than speaking french just what was he bringing. Martin is a guy that was blessed in Ottawa with a slew of draft choices that all turned out and still they were one of the softest and most boring teams in the league with his obsessive philosophy of "play defence first". After a while the message merely becomes "play defence". I cannot understand why Montreal game in and game out gets outshot easily and usually by a wide margin, where is the defence? The players are not buying in that's for sure! Without the goaltending they're getting the Habs are somewhere south of Toronto possibly as far south as Carolina

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:05 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Price facing 43 shots against Washington and ends with a .907 SV%. I'd say he had a stellar game being shelled like that.
Sorry, but 3 goals in one period is far from steller. Any way you try to spin it...

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Sorry, but 3 goals in the first period is far from steller. Any way you try to spin it...
Scoring Summary
1st Period
None

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Sorry, but 3 goals in one period is far from steller. Any way you try to spin it...
Getting outshot badly on a nightly basis is far from stellar. Can you spin that?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote