HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJCs: Jan 5: FINAL: Canada vs USA @ 7 PM CST

Old
01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

vCash: 500
I'm glad USA won. I entered this game not caring who won, just wanting to see a good game. But after that interference call, I was reasonably assured that they were trying to call it to event he score. So I started pulling for USA.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Petro played a great game.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
mmitchell19

I wasn't able to see the game, but just caught up on internet stories...how did McRae and Warsofsky look for the U.S.?

Sounds like Petro made an aggressive play that sprung the U.S. game-winning rush...was it a poor decision (overly aggressive), or just a bad break (long rebound that got turned around too quickly for him to react to)?

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

All tourney team:
G – Benjamin Conz (SUI)
D – Alex Pietrangelo (CAN)
D – John Carlson (USA)
F – Jordan Eberle (CAN)
F – Derek Stepan (USA)
F – Nino Niederreiter (SUI)

MVP :Eberle
Forward:Eberle
Dman: Pietrangelo
Keeper: Conz

Old
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
St.Louis sports fan

Petro named top defenseman in the tournament. He is unfairly getting bashed by many Canadian fans for taking that shot on Campbell that led to the USA goal. He had a clear path to the net, what was he supposed to do shoot it wide so he can get back on d? No forward covered for the point and the USA countered, not much he could've done there. Canada did themselves very proud, they came back down 2 goals in the last 6 minutes to force OT. My son and I watched every minute of all the USA games and I still cant believe they were able to beat Canada. I thought McRae had an OK game minus the delay of game penalty, not alot of icetime again and I thought it was by far Warsofsky's best game of the tournament. Defensively 1 on 1 he went against Taylor Hall's line alot and wasnt beat once that i remember. Overall this was a very solid tournament for the Blues prospects except maybe Rundblad, but the kid did play a very good game today so that shows a little mental toughness and I feel bad for Jake Allen not playing his best in the gold medal game.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
I wasn't able to see the game, but just caught up on internet stories...how did McRae and Warsofsky look for the U.S.?

Sounds like Petro made an aggressive play that sprung the U.S. game-winning rush...was it a poor decision (overly aggressive), or just a bad break (long rebound that got turned around too quickly for him to react to)?
Just an overreaction by some Canadians. Rebound came out fast.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
Petro named top defenseman in the tournament. He is unfairly getting bashed by many Canadian fans for taking that shot on Campbell that led to the USA goal. He had a clear path to the net, what was he supposed to do shoot it wide so he can get back on d? No forward covered for the point and the USA countered, not much he could've done there. Canada did themselves very proud, they came back down 2 goals in the last 6 minutes to force OT. My son and I watched every minute of all the USA games and I still cant believe they were able to beat Canada. I thought McRae had an OK game minus the delay of game penalty, not alot of icetime again and I thought it was by far Warsofsky's best game of the tournament. Defensively 1 on 1 he went against Taylor Hall's line alot and wasnt beat once that i remember. Overall this was a very solid tournament for the Blues prospects except maybe Rundblad, but the kid did play a very good game today so that shows a little mental toughness and I feel bad for Jake Allen not playing his best in the gold medal game.
Your pretty much spot on.

Rundblad played well against the Swiss after the first period. He was terrible the rest of the tourney.

Old
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Berg

I am sorry to troll...that is really not my intention, but Jake Allen did not play well at all. He didn't get the job done.

Not that the Americans were slouches as they were playing really well. They are so fast....definitely faster than Canada but Jake had a real weak glove hand and the third goal (I believe), he just plain misplayed it.

Hope he can learn from this. Too bad he won't get another shot to redeem himself.

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I have to agree. Allen played well earlier in the tournament, but he looked pretty shaky in the final match.

The Americans seemed to be specifically targeting him high on the glove side....with success. I forget which goal was which, but on one of them (the third?) I don't think he ever saw it. But besides his glove side woes in the game, his positioning wasn't the strongest I've seen from him.

But I'm no goalie scout.

Pretty cool when 4 Blues' prospects are playing in the gold medal game. But they can't all win.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote