HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - nashville

Old
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - nashville

montreal

mara + weber + d'agostini + conditional pick if hamhuis resigns

for

nashville

hamhuis + goc

goc brings us in an extra pk guy who has size and gives us another option at center. hamhuis is a solid experienced dman we can use on the point for our pp and pk.

nashville gets mara an experienced dman who can clear the net with two youth players one being a very promising offensive dman and the other nhl ready forward who has the talent just needs to be in the right situation to use it and i don't think he will shot it with the habs. the conditional pick they recieve can go anywheres from a 2nd to a 4th depending if hamhuis signs with the habs for extra years.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
montreal

mara + weber + d'agostini + conditional pick if hamhuis resigns

for

nashville

hamhuis + goc

goc brings us in an extra pk guy who has size and gives us another option at center. hamhuis is a solid experienced dman we can use on the point for our pp and pk.

nashville gets mara an experienced dman who can clear the net with two youth players one being a very promising offensive dman and the other nhl ready forward who has the talent just needs to be in the right situation to use it and i don't think he will shot it with the habs. the conditional pick they recieve can go anywheres from a 2nd to a 4th depending if hamhuis signs with the habs for extra years.
nty we are also in the playoff hunt...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Doesn't make us better. Goc has made himself a valuable part of this team. You can have Hamhuis, though, he and Klein have been garbage for much of the season.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Why on earth you'd want to trade for Hamhuis is mind-boggling to me.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Like most Nashville fans here, Goc is, shockingly, the hold-up for me. As for Hamhuis...sure, take him. We're counting the days.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Predsrule

lol Hamhuis hits a half session slump after years of being a great D. and seems now we all want to get rid of him for free? come on guys slumps happen.. hes still a great 2nd pairing D

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
lol Hamhuis hits a half session slump after years of being a great D. and seems now we all want to get rid of him for free? come on guys slumps happen.. hes still a great 2nd pairing D
This is more than a half season. This is going on two full seasons of average to mediocre play.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Goc has been a solid cheap aquisition for the Preds. Hamhuis if he keeps playing in the slump he has been, is getting cheaper and cheaper by the minute. If it was one of the players being offered for Hamhuis I'd listen. Right now the offensive stats say Hamhuis is playing for the contract but his turnovers, (Which I watched a LOT of in the Anaheim game) is killing him. Weber and picks would be tempting for me because the biggest thing hurting the Preds has been turnovers. Nashville at the midway point was on pace to commit 150 more giveaways then last year.

The only draw back would be depending on Klein, Bouillon, Sulzer, Franson, and either one of Blum, Laakso, or Dietrich. If Hamhuis pulled his head out of his rear and protected the puck better this would be a no deal but as of now I think Nashville would make a move to bolster the defenseman pipline in Milwaukee and give them multiple picks. Right now Nashville only has an extra 7th and Poile prefers to have multiple, multiple picks in the draft.

I suspect that if the team is in the 6,7,8,9 playoff spot before the Olympics you could see both Tootoo and Hamhuis traded to bolster picks and change up the veteran leadership corp.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote