HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holmgren Caves into the 3 amigos

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Holmgren Caves into the 3 amigos

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...getting-better

The 3 amigos strike again. Holmgren undermines the coach he just hired a month ago. Unreal. Gives them a day off from practice which they do not deserve. So he changes the practice back to the Wach center because of the guys who live in the city (ie; Richards, Carter, Hartnell). Are you kidding? The players now know coach can be undermined and they can go to their buddy Shooter when they donít like something. Homer should have told them to go pound sand. What about the guys who live out of the city? That volume is greater. IMO Richie the fearless leader went to homer crying a river that he doesnít like the travel to NJ. Of course this is driven by his cohorts. Any one that thinks there is no divide in that locker room is kidding themselves now. I had put little stock in it previously now I def think there is a problem. It is clear to me there is for lack of a better word cancer in that locker room. Holmgren is too close to these players and has let that cloud his judgment. This organization needs an enema. No more good ole boy club members coming back to run the team. That being said I do not allow homer to make any major moves. I would love to know how the coach really feels about this move. They need to get jvr and Giroux away from these guys asap before they get poisoned.

This is the most unlikeable flyers team I have ever seen. This organization has now officially let the inmates run the asylum. Winning is now secondary. It is all about the $ and the Santa Sacks they pimped off to no end. Do you think this would have been tolerated 15 years ago? Do you think Clarke would have done this? He would have laughed at them all. Remember when if you tried to play hardball against the organization what would eventually happen? The good ole days are long gone.

Old
01-06-2010, 10:45 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

I like this part: "Laviolette, who has coached the U.S. Olympic team, said he met privately with Carter and Matt Carle, who were left off the Canadian and American teams, respectively."

I like Laviolette a lot.

Old
01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
So he changes the practice back to the Wach center because of the guys who live in the city (ie; Richards, Carter, Hartnell).
Well, Richards has a house in Haddonfield...so that's a big hole in your story.

Depending what time they do the skate, I can understand why guys that don't live in NJ would want to have it take place down at the Wachovia Center...especially if it's late enough that it would make sense to stay at the arena and do what you gotta do for game prep.

Old
01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

i'm so bored of your posts

Old
01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Depending what time they do the skate, I can understand why guys that don't live in NJ would want to have it take place down at the Wachovia Center...especially if it's late enough that it would make sense to stay at the arena and do what you gotta do for game prep.
Just post a Shoop Da Whoop next time.

Old
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
TheTaekster

If the location of practice is what's dividing this team, we have a much bigger problem.

That being said, I don't think this is nearly as big an issue as the OP is making it out to be. Just my opinion, though.

Old
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:

I was gonna say the same thing. Richards lives in Haddonfield. Unless he has two houses incredibly close to each other?

Old
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
i'm so bored of your posts
that means what to me? then go away or use the ignore functions slick. really easy to solve that problem.

Old
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
jb**

Quote:

he doesnt live in center city? the skates are usually in the am i believe

Old
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Did I miss something about Richards, Carter and Hartnell going to Homer?

Old
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Overreaction much?

Old
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
RoDu

who shot who in the what now?

Old
01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*

Old
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
Nope, in NJ. Bought a house in Haddonfield a couple years ago. It was Hartnell, Carter, and Upshall that were making waves for being in Olde City...but as noted below, I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't the only guys that live in the city, or this side of the river.

But are we talking 9am, or like 10-11am. Where you're running towards noon, and they can stay at the arena and start doing video studying, any training room needs they might have, etc. before the game.

I really don't see the problem with having the game day skate...at the location where the game is going to take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Did I miss something about Richards, Carter and Hartnell going to Homer?
Quote:
Monday, Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren had a team-building expert meet with his players and agreed to move game-day skates back to the Wachovia Center, apparently at the urging of the players who live in the city.

When Laviolette first replaced John Stevens, he moved game-day skates from the Center to the Skate Zone in Voorhees.
It's unclear who did, and I have no idea where all the various players live...I'm sure Hartnell and Carter are not the only guys that live in the city (Forsberg did when he was here). I know Recchi and Leclair lived out on the Main Line back in the day. So, really, who knows who exactly was voting there.

However, I do think it's a perfectly understandable desire if you don't live in NJ.

Old
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
RoDu

Old
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Richards lives in Haddonfield, Hartnell and Carter live in the Olde City (or near it).

Old
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

This thread is Pikachu-esque.

Old
01-06-2010, 11:19 AM
jb**

Quote:
Nope, in NJ. Bought a house in Haddonfield a couple years ago. It was Hartnell, Carter, and Upshall that were making waves for being in Olde City...but as noted below, I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't the only guys that live in the city, or this side of the river.

But are we talking 9am, or like 10-11am. Where you're running towards noon, and they can stay at the arena and start doing video studying, any training room needs they might have, etc. before the game.

I really don't see the problem with having the game day skate...at the location where the game is going to take place.

It's unclear who did, and I have no idea where all the various players live...I'm sure Hartnell and Carter are not the only guys that live in the city (Forsberg did when he was here). I know Recchi and Leclair lived out on the Main Line back in the day. So, really, who knows who exactly was voting there.

However, I do think it's a perfectly understandable desire if you don't live in NJ.
From what has been said many times. Carter, hartnell, okt, pyorala, powe ĖI Believe all live in the city. It has been said Richards does as well however may not be the case. The fact is that most players (the majority) donít. The captain needs to step in and tell the guys that live in the city too bad. It is more of an inconvenience to the other players. Not the select 6 or 7. The fact they went to Holmgren is sad.

Old
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
From what has been said many times. Carter, hartnell, okt, pyorala, powe ĖI Believe all live in the city. It has been said Richards does as well however may not be the case. The fact is that most players (the majority) donít. The captain needs to step in and tell the guys that live in the city too bad. It is more of an inconvenience to the other players. Not the select 6 or 7. The fact they went to Holmgren is sad.
There's your problem.

Closed Thread