HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
habs1988

vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov

Guys, habs fan here!

I would like to know what do you think about Anisimov this year? He seems to have an OK year, no?

What do you think could be his potential after this season?

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Levitate

Having an OK year, still learning a lot. At times he can look great. Confident with the puck and making things happens. Other times he still looks a little lost, but he's making his way.

I'd predict a big jump next year.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Garv23

I think once he fills out his frame he's going to be a hell of a player.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:08 PM
ThirdEye

To be honest, he's been mostly invisible, but he hasn't been getting that much playing time (just 12 minutes a night on average, as opposed to Dubinsky who has been getting 20+).

Potential is second line center I think.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
He's already showing great puck control and much willingness in backchecking. As others have stated, he's looked great sometimes and has looked okay in others. In some situations it looks like he's developing a scent for digging towards the net and crashing the crease and others he's lost somewhere on the ice. But yeah, overall, he's definitely learning and getting his much needed experience. I'm sure he'll have a great impact on the Ranger's roster in a year or two.

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Back From Cally

He's looked ok so far. Still getting adjusted to the big league. Some games he'll look good, others invisible. He's also not seeing a whole lot of ice time yet, but i predict he'll get more as the season progresses. I see next year being a big year for him

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Guys, habs fan here!

I would like to know what do you think about Anisimov this year? He seems to have an OK year, no?

He's been good but I'm not sure if I see him higher than a second or third liner

01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

I think he's been good in his limited ice time. Still learning, and gaining confidence.

I think he can be a solid 2C, 1C on a team who is lacking at center. Potential? A 30/40 player. I've been impressed with his defense and ability to create turnovers. It isn't constant but he seems to have good instincts for it. Maybe he watches a lot of tape on Datsyuk. Who knows.

I think next season will be his year to shine.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Made two excellent (potential goal saving) defensive plays in our game against the Bruins (that I noticed).

He's been showing tremendous strength on the puck down low, and vision when distributing it to linemates. If there were more talent flanking him on the wings, I think he'd have much better numbers.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
ThirdEye

To me, he's playing a little timid. He doesn't use his size or skill frequently enough. But then again, like I said, he's only getting so many minutes. Tortorella should consistently give him 15 minutes a night. Sometimes he's not out there for more than 10 minutes, which is ridiculous considering no one else is scoring either.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
wa2k99

Likely a second line center. Can be quite good, with some mroe playing time. 10 minutes just isn't enough, but Dubinsky is playing well and deserves the extra time.

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
To be honest, he's been mostly invisible, but he hasn't been getting that much playing time (just 12 minutes a night on average, as opposed to Dubinsky who has been getting 20+)..
Yes he has been mostly invisible but there are times when he does things with the puck that are truly amazing.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I think he could be the 2nd line center as early as next season if he has a good second half. We actually really need him to step up, because barring a trade I really don't see any scenario where our centers aren't at best Prospal, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Drury, Boyle next season.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
He shows flashes of absolute brilliance on the puck. Can be a bull out there at times...when he really wants it, he's incredibly hard to knock off the puck. But he's also looking a bit timid at times, and needs to assert himself more.

All in all I'm happy with his season so far.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

A little bit like Dubinsky with the good puckhandling and possesion moves shown in the rookie year, but not as quick or physical as Brandon. Neither have shown a good shot so far.

I think with work he can be a 20 goal, 40 point 2 way center, Steve Rucchin-esque, or even Fedorov in his late 30's

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
xander

we need to remember that he's still quite young. Guys coming out of junior in his draft class are going through their first year of AHL hockey. I like what I see from him, it's too early to make any predictions about what he's going to be, but I'm optimistic.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:01 PM
morffin

I have never been happier to be wrong about something in my entire life...I thought he looked slow when he came up for a cup of joe late last year I thought he was hopeless......he looks very solid now ..plays both ends of the ice and is good on the boards. The kid needs more ice time.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:19 PM
The Mouth

So far so good. Under pretty lame circumstances. Artem likes consistency with line mates ( not a chance) and needs more playing time. But all in all I see progress. progress could be helped though if the coaching staff weren't so stubborn.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He shows flashes of absolute brilliance on the puck. Can be a bull out there at times...when he really wants it, he's incredibly hard to knock off the puck. But he's also looking a bit timid at times, and needs to assert himself more.

All in all I'm happy with his season so far.
Thats how I feel about him, but when you look at his season you have to remember hes just a rookie and hes not getting a ton of time. I think hes done well and when they needed him to step up for a few games and fill in up top, he didnt do a bad job.

Hes going to have to assert himself and more consistently, yes. Putting on another 10-15 pounds is going to be huge for this kid.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Guys, habs fan here!

I think he's doing just as what I expected him to do as a rookie, so in my book, he's doing great. He puts on some muscle and he'll play a stronger game..

In his prime, I expect him to be a bonafide center for this team in years to come. Next year, I think he'll hit around 60+ points... Don't want to get ahead of myself...

Since Grachev, more than likely, comes up next year, I think he should be paired with him. Just what I think since they're both Russian and the chemistry can build between the two.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
Since Grachev, more than likely, comes up next year, I think he should be paired with him. Just what I think since they're both Russian and the chemistry can build between the two.
I don't see Grachev coming up next season unless he seriously picks up the pace in Hartford.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I don't see Grachev coming up next season unless he seriously picks up the pace in Hartford.
Yeah, I was beginning to wonder that right after I posted that, remembering I checked his stats yesterday and they weren't looking to impressive.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

He's having a pretty quiet season... Has shown flashes of excellent skill but not consistently yet.... Still a very young player and definitely understands the defensive side of the game....

He has to get stronger so he can compete harder along the boards and make more of an effort to make an impact on every shift. He looks a little overwhelmed at times but not because he lacks the skill to compete, just the experience at this level.

He had a somewhat quiet rookie season in the AHL as one of the youngest players and then nearly doubled his point production the following year so I'm optimistically hoping he will have a big rebound year his sophomore season in the NHL next year....

As others have said.... Right now his ceiling/potential looks to be that of a 2nd line Center which is right around where he was being pegged at the time he was drafted by some scouting reports.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

When Grachev is ready, he and Anisimov will be a good force I think.

So far Anisimov has shown signs of greatness and at other times been invisible.

Like others have said, the coaching staff doesn't give him that many minutes (12 or so) and his linemates change multiple times a game sometimes because Tortorella has ADD.

I expect him to be a decent 2nd line center next year.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

He is having a solid rookie year at 21. He is still filling out, and when he does and learns to use his size better, he has a chance to be a beast.

Personally I think he absolutely has 1st line potential, but will probably be a good 2nd line C.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote