HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Oilers (Cogliano)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
  #26
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
I'd really love to have O'Sullivan.

I've been begging for him to be a Ranger the last couple of trade deadlines.

When he got dealt from LA, i was jealous.

He isn't a game breaker, by any means, but he is a more skilled version of Callahan.

Essentially the same player. And the same age (24).

He really would be a great addition for the future.

He can play both wing and center, too. In any role, in any situation.

I'd love to add him to the future core:

Gaborik
Dubinsky
Callahan
Anisimov
O'Sullivan
Stepan
Kreider
Grachev
Werek
Bourque
Hagelin

Staal
Del Zotto
Gilroy
McDonagh
Sanguinetti

Looks like a real good core of players.

Imagine adding Folwer to that core, too? DROOOOOOOL

That would be my team:

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Werek-Anisimov-Grachev
O'Sullivan-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Bourque

Staal-Fowler
McDonagh-Gilroy
Del Zotto-Sanguinetti

Lundqvist


Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 01-06-2010 at 12:50 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
  #27
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
None of those Oiler players (including Grebeshkov) make the Rangers a better team. None whatsoever.

None of them are better players or have better prospects than Dubinksy, Girardi and Callahan.

Now, if they want to trade us Penner for Anisimov, Bobby Spagetti and Lisin; I'll do that

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
  #28
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Again...

The Rangers will NOT be a better team THIS YEAR, no matter WHO they get.

This season is a lost cause.

I could care less about squeaking into the playoffs and lasting a round or two.

The FUTURE is what is important here. And dealing Anisimov and Sanguinetti for Penner??? I really hope you were being sarcastic.

O'Sullivan would be a GREAT pickup for the Rangers.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
  #29
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
I find it amazing that people are willing to give up on 21 year old Sanguinetti.

Because John Tortorella hasn't given him a chance.

Screw Tortorella. Sanguinetti is a fantastic player.

If he were given a regular shift in the NHL he would start to impress people after a few games adjustment period.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
  #30
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,780
vCash: 500
Since the two of them have entered the league, we've always heard rumors about trading Dubinsky for Cogliano. I definitely wouldn't do this deal, Cogliano seems to regress each year and I'd rather keep Dubinsky.

I've always liked O'Sullivan, but if Edmonton wants a young roster player in return, I'm not sure it's worth it.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
  #31
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Since the two of them have entered the league, we've always heard rumors about trading Dubinsky for Cogliano. I definitely wouldn't do this deal, Cogliano seems to regress each year and I'd rather keep Dubinsky.

I've always liked O'Sullivan, but if Edmonton wants a young roster player in return, I'm not sure it's worth it.
Higgins+Lisin?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
  #32
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
No more Oiler re-treads please.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
  #33
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,996
vCash: 500
I would really like O'Sullivan. But not for a valuable piece and I think salary would have to return for me to 'relieve' them of such a problem. Not necessarily equal salary, but if we send a decent prospect back we just couldn't make it work without some money going to EDM.

I was about to use Patrick's initials but I'm not about to show interest in a guy that I'm refering to as POS.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
  #34
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
I remember reading the Rangers liked Cogliano in the 05 draft. Found the link

Quote:
We do not, however, know what the Rangers would look like today if they hadn't been able to trade up to select Marc Staal 12th overall in the 2005 Entry Draft. And if instead the Rangers had taken Ryan O'Mara, Andrew Cogliano, Alex Bourret or Guillaume Latendresse - all prominent on the club's draft evaluation chart - by standing pat at No. 16.
Read more: http://new-york-post.org/p/sports/ra...#ixzz0brEuWHOj

They already tried Bourret.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
  #35
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Higgins+Lisin?
Would do that a deal in a heartbeat. As long as their not asking for Cally, Dubi, Anismov, etc.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
  #36
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Would do that a deal in a heartbeat. As long as their not asking for Cally, Dubi, Anismov, etc.
I wouldn't give any prospect for him, either.

I wouldn't break up our core of prospects for much of anyone.

Especially not a pending UFA (Kovalchuk).

I'd keep the core of prospects together, let them grow together, form and build a TEAM.

Stepan, Kreider, and Bourque just won a World Championship together, that is the kind of chemistry you want to build.

Stepan and McDonagh are teammates in Wisconsin.

Kreider and Bourque knew each other since middle school.

More chemistry.

I would be looking to trade away our garbage contracts at the dealine to desperate contenders, and look to draft Fowler in the first round and ADD to that future chemistry.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:33 PM
  #37
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Definitely overrated and another victim of the Canadian hype machine, IMO.

If the price is right, I don't see any harm in acquiring him, but I'm not willing to give up anything significant. I'd be far more interested in O'Sullivan. Higgins for Sully straight up.
LOL at these proposals.. Higgins for Sully? Yea right

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
  #38
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
None of those Oiler players (including Grebeshkov) make the Rangers a better team. None whatsoever.

None of them are better players or have better prospects than Dubinksy, Girardi and Callahan.

Now, if they want to trade us Penner for Anisimov, Bobby Spagetti and Lisin; I'll do that
Eberle says hi

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
  #39
Gardner McKay
Moderator
#4parsley
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,907
vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Definitely overrated and another victim of the Canadian hype machine, IMO.

If the price is right, I don't see any harm in acquiring him, but I'm not willing to give up anything significant. I'd be far more interested in O'Sullivan. Higgins for Sully straight up.
Which is why I have been giving a major LOL to Fraudland Dwayne Klessels rumor of Cogliano for Dubinsky.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
  #40
Gardner McKay
Moderator
#4parsley
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,907
vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
LOL at these proposals.. Higgins for Sully? Yea right
And I agree that higgins for sully is a tad bit off but what would you want from the Rangers for Cogs/Osully

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
  #41
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

They already tried Bourret.
Yeah, that went over famously.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
  #42
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Again...

The Rangers will NOT be a better team THIS YEAR, no matter WHO they get.

This season is a lost cause.

I could care less about squeaking into the playoffs and lasting a round or two.

The FUTURE is what is important here. And dealing Anisimov and Sanguinetti for Penner??? I really hope you were being sarcastic.

O'Sullivan would be a GREAT pickup for the Rangers.
I was being sarcastic, but not in the way you're thinking.

The sarcasm was that the Oilers would never make that deal for Penner. Never. It was a wink, wink.....nudge, nudge moment.

As for Spagetti. The Rangers have too many defensemen in that mold. Del Zotto is already a much more well-rounded and far better skilled defenseman at 19 years old, than Spagetti. And quite frankily, I don't see Spagetti ever becoming anything close to Gilroy. Nevermind coming close to Del Zotto's game. Of course I could be wrong. But I doubt I am. I just don't see the physical skills and tools with this guy.

McDonagh is the kid who should be untouchable.

The Rangers need to turn a kid like Spagetti into a piece of the puzzle that addresses their lack of toughness, size, heart and muscle on the blueline or forward position.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
  #43
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
LOL at these proposals.. Higgins for Sully? Yea right
Just curious, what was it that you dealt for O'Sullivan?

Eric Cole? In a three team deal that involved Justin Williams.

Higgins > Cole.

Higgins+Lisin = Williams

It's not that ridiculous.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
  #44
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Eberle says hi

That's not what I said. I was refering to the specific Oilers players mentioned in that article and some of the Oilers players mentioned in this thread; as not having as good prorspects of developing into better players, as Dubi, Calley and Girardi.

Thus they are not going to help this team this season or in the future. The Rangers already have players like them and some of them have better size and other attributes than the Oilers playersm mentioned.

Jordan Eberle wasn't mentioned in that article or as part of a trade.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
  #45
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
I was being sarcastic, but not in the way you're thinking.

The sarcasm was that the Oilers would never make that deal for Penner. Never. It was a wink, wink.....nudge, nudge moment.

As for Spagetti. The Rangers have too many defensemen in that mold. Del Zotto is already a much more well-rounded and far better skilled defenseman at 19 years old, than Spagetti. And quite frankily, I don't see Spagetti ever becoming anything close to Gilroy. Nevermind coming close to Del Zotto's game. Of course I could be wrong. But I doubt I am. I just don't see the physical skills and tools with this guy.

McDonagh is the kid who should be untouchable.

The Rangers need to turn a kid like Spagetti into a piece of the puzzle that addresses their lack of toughness, size, heart and muscle on the blueline or forward position.
If Sanguinetti were to be dealt, i would want a young forward in return.

No bad contracts.

I still think Sanguinetti is being under appreciated. Not saying he is a star. He is very good.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
  #46
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
LOL at these proposals.. Higgins for Sully? Yea right
What exactly has O'Sullivan done to prove that he's more valuable than Higgins?


Last edited by Trxjw: 01-06-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: left out 'more'
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
  #47
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What exactly has O'Sullivan done to prove that he's valuable than Higgins?
I know it wasn't directed at me, but...

He hasn't.

I'd still take Sully over Higgy, though.

I just think O'Sullivan is a better player.


EDIT: to add, also, O'Sullivan has never been on a 'good' team in the NHL, either. He could be much better then we have seen, but he's been on a bottom feeder his entire NHL career.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
  #48
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Just curious, what was it that you dealt for O'Sullivan?

Eric Cole? In a three team deal that involved Justin Williams.

Higgins > Cole.

Higgins+Lisin = Williams


It's not that ridiculous.
Uh...no and no.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
  #49
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What exactly has O'Sullivan done to prove that he's valuable than Higgins?
O'Sullivan is two years younger and is doing marginally better this season (more points, but also a -18).

I would take O'Sullivan over Higgins, but they're not far apart... at all.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
  #50
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What exactly has O'Sullivan done to prove that he's valuable than Higgins?
don't bother with the Oiler fans... look at their board and their prosposals for Marc Staal on it.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.