Notices

ATL Ballerz and Shot Callerz Vs Crosby and the Arctic Birds

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2010, 02:32 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

vCash: 500
I've been away for a while, cos I've been disgusted with the way this team has been playing.

There are a handful of things that are painfully clear:

1.Anderson's system doesn't work. When the team was winning earlier this season, it wasn't because of his system, it was in spite of it. Stellar goaltending from Hedberg and Pavalec hid the very fundamental problems that this team had. Sure, I think that the team plays hard for Anderson, but there seems to be no accountability. And why would there be? The captain, the damn captain, hasn't decided (or has he?) if he's going to be here. Why should the rest of the team be on board?

2. Steve Weeks should be fired. Pavs played out of his mind earlier this season, but he's regressing HARDCORE the last several months. If the organization is serious about him being a big-time goaltender, they need to give him a real goalie coach. Weeks did nothing to improve Lehtonen into a professional player, and I fear that Pavalec's desire alone will not keep him developing properly. Were he traded, like some want, I think you'd see a real organization turn him into a stud, and quickly.

3. Kovalchuk isn't signing. If the rumors are true that he wants fixed money, I think he's as good as gone. There isn't a player in the NHL that thinks that a fixed money contract can coincide with a legitimate team being assembled around him. Kovy is posturing, knowing that management can't/won't cave in to his demands, so that he doesn't look like the pariah when he gets traded. Good job by he and his agent, but let's call this what it is.

In order to save the season, and, not to be hyperbolic, the franchise, Anderson must be fired. Tomorrow. This is the single-most talented roster that this club has ever had. These results simply aren't good enough.
Possible replacements could be:
A)Randy Cunneyworth. He's a well-regarded AHL coach who has done good things for the PK, which is supposedly his strength. The Lightning fired Steve Ludzik, or whatever, and promoted serial-doucher Tortorella. Worked for them. Cunneyworth would provide a little stability, but still send the right message of accountability and urgency.
B) Michel Therrien. I know the Pens fans hate the guy, but say what you will. He took a talented mess in Pittsburgh, and molded them into champions. Bylsma has his name on the cup, but Therrien forged that team into a fundamentally sound club that knew how to win. Remember when he got to Pittsburgh? He complained about how woefully naive and incompetent many of the players were in how to be winners. He changed that, and I think he could do the same thing here.
C) Ted Nolan. It's a long shot, as his name is mud, and he gets his GMs fired (like DW as a person, but I don't think he's willing to let anyone close enough to get him fired), but his teams compete. He did MUCH more with MUCH less in both Buffalo and New York. It would be very interesting to see what he could squeeze out of this club. I don't think there's any doubt that with a little time, he could get this team into the playoffs and do well once there.
D) Rick Dudley. Same positives as Cunneyworth. He's already on the payroll, and he knows the players.

Also, Kovalchuk must be traded. It's obvious he isn't going to sign. Get Chicago and LA on the phone, and make them bid against each other. He should be able to get a top-six winger and a prospect, at the least. Improve the club by clearing up the situation, reload, and shoot for the playoffs this season. No more excuses.

Time's running out, DW. Show some urgency.

Old
01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
So that's Pavelec's 8th start in a row where he has given up 4+ goals or been pulled. Super. Not to say everyone else doesn't suck as well, but he's one of the worst.
Yup, the Pavelec we saw early in the year is just a blur of a memory now. At least Hed's can keep it at 4. Neither is playing great, but Pavs is just BRUTAL. An injured Lehtonen is probably a better option....right now.

Old
01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
2. Steve Weeks should be fired. Pavs played out of his mind earlier this season, but he's regressing HARDCORE the last several months. If the organization is serious about him being a big-time goaltender, they need to give him a real goalie coach. Weeks did nothing to improve Lehtonen into a professional player, and I fear that Pavalec's desire alone will not keep him developing properly. Were he traded, like some want, I think you'd see a real organization turn him into a stud, and quickly.
I think Anderson deserves more time. I think Steve Weeks has more than worn out his welcome? Does this guy have blackmail photos of the owners/Waddell or something? How is he still employed here?

Old
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

You expect this team to score 5+ goals every single game? Talent didn't disapear. This team is not going to score 5+ goals every single game though. No team can do that. But what this team can do is allow 4+ goals up every single game. Theres nights when the scoring will be off where they only score 2 and they are looking for their defense to play and goalie to play good but that doesn't happen when your playin for The Anderson's Thrashers. In order to win games you need to score 5+ goals every time and hope the team your facing isn't keeping up with you. We have to win games 7-6, 6-5 etc... Horrible. Fire Anderson bring in someone who cares about the team and actually wants to win. Anderson sure doesn't.

How many games is it going to take? 10 straight losses? 12 straight? 15 straight? .....

Closed Thread