HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roenick Joins LAKings.com ... LOL

Old
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Right on the money. Roenick was unreal when he played for the Blackhawks. He was a hell of a force on that team. I really, really wish his stint on the Kings had never happened, because people would be fine with this addition otherwise. Roenick is very charismatic and always good for some good quotes.

I detest his time with the Kings, for all of the reasons that others have mentioned... but I think people do need to keep the context of this hire in mind. He's been hired by the Kings marketing team to provide some content for a website. If he writes and speaks highly of the Kings... will anyone care a year from now? I doubt it. He's not coaching. He's not mentoring. He's not involved with hockey operations at all.
I guess for consistency sake, if I dubbed DL the "schill" (and I did) then the only true label that fits for the Kings P.R. deparment with respect to their decision to hire J(ust) R(idiculous) is the commonly used street slang for the oldest profession in the world. And if they can't get respect for doing their job, no matter how good they do it, I fail to see why the Kings PR department should get any for their *****-like effort either!

Last edited by TonySCV: 01-05-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: don't circumvent the filter
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Defgarden

Jeremy Lolenick.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I guess they are interested in generating website hits regardless of how the fans feel about it. Lets be honest, we'll all still support the team and buy tickets/merch (assuming you already do). In the end, what is anyone's anger going to do? Probably nothing. You're better off just to ignore it. There is certainly no harm in venting to the organization though but as PSP noted, do they or anyone involved with the Kings organization ever listen to the fans?

I wonder if they'll have the audacity to advertise it Staples during games? I'm sure it will get a great reaction from the crowd.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Jersey revenue? Nope.
New fans? Nope.
Ticket sales? Nope.
Web site hits? Sure.

Anything else? Nope.

Alienate even more Kings fans? Sure.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Jersey revenue? Nope.
New fans? Nope.
Ticket sales? Nope.
Web site hits? Sure.

Anything else? Nope.

Alienate even more Kings fans? Sure.
The concept of all PR being good is obviously something the PR department believes in. I say just keep letting those jerks know that they couldn't be more wrong by not visiting the website and bombarding them with our negative reaction.

Unfortunately, they are just so dumb that they don't understand the depth of our feelings, and worse, they apparently don't care!

Old
01-06-2010, 01:05 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Since we're talking about Roenick again...

...thought I'd re-post this, in case you missed it when it was originally published back in August when he announced his retirement...

Jeremy Roenick: One Black Mark On An Otherwise Stellar Career

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
...thought I'd re-post this, in case you missed it when it was originally published back in August when he announced his retirement...

Jeremy Roenick: One Black Mark On An Otherwise Stellar Career
That's a great writeup. I've linked to that a few times when people ask why I hate Roenick so much.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
That's a great writeup. I've linked to that a few times when people ask why I hate Roenick so much.
heh...I REALLY enjoyed writing that piece. But, you'll note that I was completely professional about it...didn't get into any personal attacks or name calling...even though I might've enjoyed that, too. :-)

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
riseandfall9

Yeah....I wasnt too pleased that Roenick took a swipe at Quick today on AM640 today. Specially that Quick is a King and we just hired him lol.

"Another thing that surprised me is the goaltender in Colorado (Craig Anderson), how he didn't make that team. They way he has performed this year, the way he came out and took Colorado to the top of the league has been pretty shocking. Not to take away from (Jonathan) Quick, because he is a very, very good goaltender having played more games than anybody in the NHL this season."

Quote from here:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/new...tml?cid=rsstsn

Roenick Baffled that Drury named to team USA

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Yeah....I wasnt too pleased that Roenick took a swipe at Quick today on AM640 today. Specially that Quick is a King and we just hired him lol.

"Another thing that surprised me is the goaltender in Colorado (Craig Anderson), how he didn't make that team. They way he has performed this year, the way he came out and took Colorado to the top of the league has been pretty shocking. Not to take away from (Jonathan) Quick, because he is a very, very good goaltender having played more games than anybody in the NHL this season."

Quote from here:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/new...tml?cid=rsstsn

Roenick Baffled that Drury named to team USA
KINGS17 baffled that anyone gives two ***** what Roenick thinks.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This.

Especially since Roenick disgraced the uniform in Nagano.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I wonder if they'll have the audacity to advertise it Staples during games? I'm sure it will get a great reaction from the crowd.
The night they announced his video blog on tv, I was at the game. While they did not mention the blog, when Courtney read the list of people participating in the charity hockey game, the crowd cheered everybody except for Roenick, who got a HUGE booing.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Even one **** would be too many!