HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you want Quinn to stay???

View Poll Results: Do you want Quinn to stay as coach?
Give him a contract extension. 11 30.56%
Give him a 1 yr deal. 11 30.56%
Hit the road Jack. 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2004, 11:30 AM
  #26
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
I voted for a contract extension, I mean, it's not like your gonna win the cup as long as he's in charge

Diaboli is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
  #27
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
Quinn did but he doesn't have magical healing powers.
He acquired injury prone players.

I don't like his asset utilization as much as I hoped.

Pilar played huge in the playoffs a couple season back, but he doesn't bring him in until the last game this year? Some players do better in pressure games, I think Pilar is that type ... he's done okay in tournaments in Europe. If I've noticed that should Quinn?

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 11:38 AM
  #28
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboli
I voted for a contract extension, I mean, it's not like your gonna win the cup as long as he's in charge
STONE HIM!

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 11:38 AM
  #29
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
He acquired injury prone players.

I don't like his asset utilization as much as I hoped.

Pilar played huge in the playoffs a couple season back, but he doesn't bring him in until the last game this year? Some players do better in pressure games, I think Pilar is that type ... he's done okay in tournaments in Europe. If I've noticed that should Quinn?
With your amazing abilities to know who will get injured and who won't and who will play best in the playoffs, get your NHL coaching resume written up right now!

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 11:44 AM
  #30
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Ever since Pat came to Toronto he's had a team that is good enough to win the Eastern Confrence, but he hasn't won it. When was the last time we won a playoff series against someone other than Ottawa??

Douggy is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 12:01 PM
  #31
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
With your amazing abilities to know who will get injured and who won't and who will play best in the playoffs, get your NHL coaching resume written up right now!
Here is the secret for the injuries ... history.

Klee - injury prone (Jfj though made this signing like Quinn input)
Nolan - injury prone
Mogilny - injury prone
Nieuwendyk - injury prone (JFj ditto)

These are key players. Okay, except for Klee, who's easily replaced.

Although he did great with Roberts, not so much with Corson.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
  #32
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Ever since Pat came to Toronto he's had a team that is good enough to win the Eastern Confrence, but he hasn't won it. When was the last time we won a playoff series against someone other than Ottawa??
2001-2002.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 12:08 PM
  #33
Volcanologist
Used Register
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cosmodrome
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,014
vCash: 500
Quinn would be perfect to take over the Rangers from Sather.

Volcanologist is online now  
Old
12-28-2004, 12:14 PM
  #34
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Quinn would be perfect to take over the Rangers from Sather.
I would agree, were I a Rangers fan.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
12-28-2004, 12:39 PM
  #35
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Quinn would be perfect to take over the Rangers from Sather.
Another over the cap team, but they've already jettisoned contracts for prospects. They are ahead of the Leafs.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-02-2005, 04:13 AM
  #36
Joey24
Registered User
 
Joey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
This here is some solid undisputable, irrefutable, concrete thought provoking analysis ....that I must say I give my seal of approval on ...

Lets get some fresh young faces in there and I don't mean just the players ..
Hey Messenger. Though it does not happen often enough I must say I agree with you here. I think Quinns time has passed here in Toronto especilly since guys like Roberts, Joey N, etc, etc won't be back IMO after the lockout * If it lasts the whole year. I think the leafs should look at someone like Ted Nolan a guy who knows how to work with young kids plus is good with the older guys. Nolan also has that ability to get the most out of his guys and has taken on the best coaches head to head strategically with out missing a beat. It still puzzles me that he is not in the league and I do find it hard to bealive that the Hasek fallout would keep the other GM's away from this guy. I would love to see him coaching Toronto though.

Joey24 is offline  
Old
01-02-2005, 11:00 AM
  #37
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
It still puzzles me that he is not in the league and I do find it hard to bealive that the Hasek fallout would keep the other GM's away from this guy. I would love to see him coaching Toronto though.
It wasn't the Hasek incident, it was Muckler getting upset because he was close to the owners.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
01-02-2005, 12:05 PM
  #38
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Honestly... as long as the leafs are contending and don't plan on rebuilding, I say keep Quinn behind the helm. The second a few of our guys start retiring or we deal them or whatever... I say drop Quinn for a coach who has the patience for the youngins.

Porn* is online now  
Old
01-02-2005, 04:03 PM
  #39
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 65,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Hey Messenger. Though it does not happen often enough I must say I agree with you here. .
Well Joey that might be the problem ..

Surprisingly maybe, I got a lot of votes in the year end awards as most knowledgeable poster .. perhaps if you agreed more you would get more votes to ..

Mess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.