HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues (17-18-6) at Sharks (27-9-7) Jan 6, 2010

Old
01-07-2010, 09:11 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I'm a true Blues' fan. But, I'd have to admit that The Refs' miss of Jackman's putting his hand around the puck in the crease would have to knock the overall balance into The Blues' favour. I try to be as objective as possible, but, I'd say that the reffing has hurt The Blues a fair amount lately, so I won't complain about it. But, really, I don't like to see crucial calls like that, that usually alter the outcome, missed.
It looked to me like Brewer hit it first, or maybe simultaneously. I wouldn't have been upset if they'd awarded the penalty shot, but maybe there's a little discretion there if they don't think it affected the play (ie, Brewer would have knocked it out anyway).

There were missed penalties and soft call both ways (though I agree, that was the most obvious). My original post mostly was in reference to the inconsistency they called the game with. In the early part of the game, they let guys get away with a lot of stuff that was called later on. I prefer if they just call it the same way all game.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Quaz

vCash: 500
I think Berglund had his best game in a while. I hope he can keep this intensity up. If he does I think the production will come. The Blues need him to produce some offense. It was nice to see the coach keep the line combos together throughout the game. The kid line has pretty good chemistry and if the Boyes/Backes/McDonald line can continue to be a threat then teams have to choose who to play their best Defensive Defensemen against. I was hoping Berglund could light the lamp last night to get his confidence up.

Quaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quas View Post
I think Berglund had his best game in a while. I hope he can keep this intensity up. If he does I think the production will come. The Blues need him to produce some offense. It was nice to see the coach keep the line combos together throughout the game. The kid line has pretty good chemistry and if the Boyes/Backes/McDonald line can continue to be a threat then teams have to choose who to play their best Defensive Defensemen against. I was hoping Berglund could light the lamp last night to get his confidence up.
I agree, those top two lines were dynamite last night. It's amazing how the kids re-discover their chemistry so quickly. They had shifts last night where they looked like the old Ducks Kid Line (Perry-Getzlaf-Kunitz).

I'm curious how y'all might shuffle the lines when Tkachuk and Kariya are back in the mix...? Maybe put the Steen Machine with them and roll Armstrong, Winchester or Stastny to the McClement-Crombeen pair?

McDonald-Backes-Boyes
Oshie-Berglund-Perron
Steen-Tkachuk-Kariya
Army/Winch/Yan-McClement-Crombeen

?

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
concept*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quas View Post
It was nice to see the coach keep the line combos together throughout the game.
That's a beautiful thing to hear.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
The team has definitely responded to Payne. Let's see how long they can keep up that new intensity and effort. The Checketts and Pleau speeches yielded short-term improvement, too.

I'm optimistic for Payne. I like the philosophy...and the guys stayed responsible on the back-check. I'm a bit worried we'll be seeing more chances given up, too, but if the young guys get back on the trajectory of improvement...its still worth it.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 04:43 PM
SC2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Both goalies played well tonight....which for Mason is an improvement over his recent play.

The refs didn't call a great game, but it benefited both teams, so I guess that's fine.

Ice looked pretty poor.

Sydor played a strong game. Berglund was noticeable on the ice. The Kid Line looked like our best line.

It was nice to see the OTHER team with all the give-aways in the neutral zone for a change.
Don't give the Blues too much credit, they give away the puck like its going out of fashion. Look for them to pick up a blue-liner at the deadline.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote