HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#43: Flyers @ Penguins - January 7, 2010 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2010, 03:40 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Winz?! Plz?!

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 500
Holy Historic GDT by the OP! Funny thread so far, seems to be an Atlantic Division staple.

Good luck, guys. Pens won their last game handily against the Thrashers but it's been a big struggle besides that. I'm expecting a goal by Dan Carcillo and someone on Philly who's in a serious scoring slump because if there's two things the Pens have done this year it's made everyone's PK look awesome and they're also the league's official slump busters.

Old
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Centauris*

we need to win this game

Old
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
IrishSniper87

Must win game! Go Fly guys!

Old
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
medicman

GO FLYERS!!!

Mike Millbury was trashing Carcillo on NHL Live today. Now we can't have him doing that to our sweet little Danny!!! Sic um boy!!!

Faboo

Old
01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Set Danny loose on them tonight

**** the Pens

Old
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
CdnFlyersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I will keep my undefeated when I don't post during the game streak alive tonight
JVR looked great with JC, and Danny B last night when Harts got his 10min, please put him up with those 2 and put Harts with Powe and Asham ( That could be a real good line )
Absolutely agree!! That line would be unreal!

Old
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
GO FLYERS!!!

Mike Millbury was trashing Carcillo on NHL Live today. Now we can't have him doing that to our sweet little Danny!!! Sic um boy!!!

Faboo
Milbury is the Eklund of the GM world. What a ******.

Old
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

So I live in Pittsburgh, and I interact with Pens fans daily, and now and again I pop into Pens GDTs because I watch a lot of their games. Tonight I notice a mistake in their GDT stats, so I ask:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilliam Shakesbeer View Post
Wait, Fleury is 35-22 in 35 starts?
And get this ballin' response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRiggins View Post
Go away turd, nobody likes you
Pittsburgh.

Old
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
A lot of people don't know this, but a lot of people were trashing Carcillo. I didn't bring it up because I knew I'd be a accused of trying to dump on him on purpose, but the impression around the league was that "it's a shame, because he had a good game." From NHL Network's highlights, Mike Johnson and Kevin Weekes both said the same thing and it didn't sound like Ray Ferarro is a big fan either.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I did not say he played bad but he needs to play better especially against Pens, I do not think you will disagee. He and Mike need to match or out match Malkin and Crosby.

Personally I can not wait to see Carter catching Crosby or Malkin with a shoulder. He has Ovechkins size and speed.
I think Carter has a monster game tonight. Laviolette needs a go to guy and I think Carter has shown he can be that go to guy. If Carter does play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, it could certainly make for interesting.

To be perfectly honest though, I want blood tonight. I want to see the Flyers just pound the Pens and not let them off the hook. The Flyers should view this game as a statement game - either they're going to be a team to deal with in the 2nd half or they're just going to be a mediocre club that gets by.....

Old
01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
What is wrong with you?

I've always been a fan of the NY Mess since I was a kid. I was a Dwight Gooden, David Cone and Darryl Strawberry fan. I also liked Howard Johnson. I've followed them through good and bad, so I could never stop cheering for them.

My favourite football team is the Washington Redskins. It's hockey that is the only sport that I love a Philadelphia franchise. Maybe it's because the Broad Street Bullies were the team that everyone used to and still does, love to hate. Same with the 'Skins and the Mess.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Bryz4shiz

Flyers better not let up tonight. They must play with tenacity. Pronger is in orange and black to stop Malkin and Crosby. Its Pronger physics time. Its Carbomb time.

On a related note does anyone else think its ridiculous that Millbury was talking **** about Carcillo. I mean its not like Carcillo ran into the stands to beat fans.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I've always been a fan of the NY Mess since I was a kid. I was a Dwight Gooden, David Cone and Darryl Strawberry fan. I also liked Howard Johnson. I've followed them through good and bad, so I could never stop cheering for them.

My favourite football team is the Washington Redskins. It's hockey that is the only sport that I love a Philadelphia franchise. Maybe it's because the Broad Street Bullies were the team that everyone used to and still does, love to hate. Same with the 'Skins and the Mess.
Eh, that is still somewhat true for the Mets but true hatred is reserved for the Yankees. And the Redskins are a joke organization. No one hates a joke organization. We just kick them while they are down.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
A lot of people don't know this, but a lot of people were trashing Carcillo. I didn't bring it up because I knew I'd be a accused of trying to dump on him on purpose, but the impression around the league was that "it's a shame, because he had a good game." From NHL Network's highlights, Mike Johnson and Kevin Weekes both said the same thing and it didn't sound like Ray Ferarro is a big fan either.
It's been a really looooooooooooooong time since anyone wondered where your loyalties lied, so you can stop trying to prove them. You don't like "old time hockey".

Old
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Milbury is the Eklund of the GM world. What a ******.
His GM tenure overshadows his media presence. Everything he says is laughed at because he's Mike Milbury. Most of what he says is the same "hockey is being ruined, Bettman is a moron, let the players play" that everyone else says.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

[QUOTE=go kim johnsson 514;23064166]A lot of people don't know this, but a lot of people were trashing Carcillo. I didn't bring it up because I knew I'd be a accused of trying to dump on him on purpose, but the impression around the league was that "it's a shame, because he had a good game." From NHL Network's highlights, Mike Johnson and Kevin Weekes both said the same thing and it didn't sound like Ray Ferarro is a big fan either.[/QUOTE]

Ferarro was absolutely sad in his commentary. Had it been Avery or Ruutuu or say Tie Domi... they'd all be licking each others nuts at how well they were doing antagonizing the other team.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
His GM tenure overshadows his media presence. Everything he says is laughed at because he's Mike Milbury. Most of what he says is the same "hockey is being ruined, Bettman is a moron, let the players play" that everyone else says.
True and that makes him even worse. Not only is he a horrible GM, he doesn't add a damn thing to the discussion.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
It's been a really looooooooooooooong time since anyone wondered where your loyalties lied, so you can stop trying to prove them. You don't like "old time hockey".
Just proving that I'm not the only one.

They won, so it's of no matter. The Leafs waited until it was 4-0 to get pissed off about it. Generally they're right, he's the Matthew Barnaby of this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post

Ferarro was absolutely sad in his commentary. Had it been Avery or Ruutuu or say Tie Domi... they'd all be licking each others nuts at how well they were doing antagonizing the other team.
He's lashed out on Ruutu for being known as "someone who doesn't play the game with much honor" and that should be pretty close to a direct quote during the 2006 Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
True and that makes him even worse. Not only is he a horrible GM, he doesn't add a damn thing to the discussion.
Not really, most of what he says is what everyone else out there is thinking. He identifies with most of the fans, but everyone just goes "Islanders lol" and assume he's a moron.

He can't be too much of a moron if all kinds of national networks are pining for his input. CBC already has Glenn Healy and Greg Millen for that.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Tommy D

Think this might be a feed

http://www.justin.tv/mcanimx#r=M7T4Eds

Old
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
jb**

after last nights game, i hope they dont relax and feel they are entitield to take a game off. Just give the effort for 60 minutes is all i ask. Put Pronger out there against that ugly as sin ogre. A stretcher taking on one of corsby, ogre, or that other goofy ******* staal out would be satisfying.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:53 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
after last nights game, i hope they dont relax and feel they are entitield to take a game off.
They know who they're playing so there's not much chance of that.

We look good for tonight. Last night, Hartnell and Carcillo were vicious, and Giroux and JVR were venomous.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:54 PM
jb**

Quote:
what he did was weak, especially after losign a fight. He played a great game and that stuff was not needed at that time. It has a place but needs to be the right moment.

Old
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Another Danny hat trick tonight? Let's go Flyers!

Old
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Another Danny hat trick tonight? Let's go Flyers!
That!

Or if not, I'm fine with Howe hatty to Danny C too!

Closed Thread