HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shutout! Habs win 2-0

Old
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Pouliot now has 2 winning goals against Florida
OMG! We have a Panthers-killer? Maybe now we can get to a winning record versus Florida.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eightyseven

I'm a huge Price fan and I think he's the better goalie in terms of overall technique (rebound control, lateral movement, athleticism) but I also question his attitude. He has negative body language after watching the Washington game and he needs some growing up to do. He should've been in the AHL for a year or two years. The talent is there though but he needs to have a better work ethic/focus.

Even he wanted to play for a Stanley Cup contender like Chicago, the media spotlight would still be on him and he'd get recognized there too since the hockey resurgence. It's not like he'd be totally anonymous in Chicago. Their fans can be just as vicious...Huet gets booed in his own arena for god's sake!

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Halak is now 4th in SV% (behind Miller, Rask, and Kipper) and 15th in GAA.
Rask???? really

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:32 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
After the 3rd goal that goes in of your defenceman in the same game you wouldn't be pissed?

Also don't forget Halak has no pressure, when he plays and he loses he knows the next day in the newspaper they won't be focused on him like they do with Price. He knows after a lose he's just gonna be on the bench the next game while on the other hand when Price loses he knows the whole world is gonna blame him.

That's why I hope for Halak's sake that if he becomes a #1 Here or another team he can handle the pressure.
Damn even when Price first came up without any pressure as the second goalie he cried in the locker room after a loss against the Capitals a couple of years ago.

Halak's much more poised, that's how he is. He's working his butt off in practices, whereas Price's work ethic has been questionned by many experts. And I'm not talking about Gaston Therrien. Even Bob Hartley told a couple of weeks ago that every time he saw Price practicing the morning before playing against Atlanta, he looked nonchalent and disinterested compared to Halak.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Why is his attitude poor? Because he is frustrated the team barely scores when he is playing. And when they do score they find a way to put one past him too lol.

C'mon..before it was the guy is way too calm and shows he does not care and now its he is showing too much emotion and getting rattled too easy.

He really has had some bad lucky this year and I don't think anyone will argue that.
Exactly. I don't see why people want to play psychologists and say that Price has a bad attitude or something because he raises his arms after goals against or because he looks at his defensemen. (omg, I can see sitting in my couch and through Price's mask that his eyes reveal frustration!!11)
Who wouldn't be frustrated at his place anyway? Unless you're a major homer, you can see he has been as good/sometimes better than Halak (November says hi) and yet he has a bad win/lose record because the team can't score more than 2 goals when he's in nets. Even when he has a strong game we get shutout or our D deflect pucks in our net.Also he's played the stronger teams and the Habs are practically a no show against those.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
holyhabs87

Patrick Kane cried after a loss too..who cares? He is probably not even the biggest star to cry either.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lapierre was unreal tonight. That was the player the Habs had all of last season. I hope he is here to stay because it was looking like even Pyatt was better than him.
Indeed. He was an important player on last year's team, it would be great if he could regain his status. I see tonight's game as a good step in that direction.

Martin praised him in the post game interview, a good thing since he'll likely reward him with icetime.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Habsrichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lapierre was unreal tonight. That was the player the Habs had all of last season. I hope he is here to stay because it was looking like even Pyatt was better than him.
I missed half the game, but that's one thing I noticed as well. Good to see and hopefully it keeps up.

Habsrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
canadian_man_44

I guess it's time to put this damn thread on my ignore list since it's turned into another fight between the Price and Halak camps. Why the hell can't you guys just be happy with the win....no matter which goalie is playing? Don't bother answering that since I'm gonna ignore this and any other thread where people can't seem to realize that it is a team sport. They win and lose with the team they put on the ice that particular night....which includes the goalies.

Go Habs Go

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Laraque

Was pimpin tonight

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Exactly. I don't see why people want to play psychologists and say that Price has a bad attitude or something because he raises his arms after goals against or because he looks at his defensemen. (omg, I can see sitting in my couch and through Price's mask that his eyes reveal frustration!!11)
Who wouldn't be frustrated at his place anyway? Unless you're a major homer, you can see he has been as good/sometimes better than Halak (November says hi) and yet he has a bad win/lose record because the team can't score more than 2 goals when he's in nets. Even when he has a strong game we get shutout or our D deflect pucks in our net.Also he's played the stronger teams and the Habs are practically a no show against those.
Take off your rose-coloured glasses. Everybody's saying the same things when it comes down to Price. I guess they're all stupid? I guess the times we saw him cry in the locker room after a game, the times he litterally broke walls in the locker rooms, the times he admitted having done something bad (confirming those rumours last year, no matter what it was (not that I care)), the times he's watching his defensemen after letting in goals, the times he's been collapsing after letting a bad goal in are not signs of a weak mental toughness?

Nobody'll question his potential. This is not the problem.

Old
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Habit11

price vs. halak = YAWN

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:37 PM
KingRacicot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
This game was very reminiscent of the game against Buffalo... better result though

I'd go back to Halak on Saturday. You can argue about difficulty of opponents, goal support, and breakdown which goalie gets the more difficult scoring chances but the fact of the matter is that Florida had their chances and Halak was perfect. You will need perfect goaltending against New Jersey as well and I believe Halak deserves the chance.
Totally agree. Give Halak the NJ start. Big time. It'll be the first of a series of real tests for the little fellow.

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
price vs. halak = YAWN
They both suck give me "The Monster"!

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Damn even when Price first came up without any pressure as the second goalie he cried in the locker room after a loss against the Capitals a couple of years ago.

Halak's much more poised, that's how he is. He's working his butt off in practices, whereas Price's work ethic has been questionned by many experts. And I'm not talking about Gaston Therrien. Even Bob Hartley told a couple of weeks ago that every time he saw Price practicing the morning before playing against Atlanta, he looked nonchalent and disinterested compared to Halak.
Who's the captain of the Canucks?

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
They both suck give me "The Monster"!
This.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:40 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_man_44 View Post
I guess it's time to put this damn thread on my ignore list since it's turned into another fight between the Price and Halak camps. Why the hell can't you guys just be happy with the win....no matter which goalie is playing? Don't bother answering that since I'm gonna ignore this and any other thread where people can't seem to realize that it is a team sport. They win and lose with the team they put on the ice that particular night....which includes the goalies.

Go Habs Go
I'm a Habs fan. I don't give a crap who's in the net as long as they're getting the job done.

What I'm worrying is how Halak is becoming a great young goaltender, how he still has potential to fulfill and how he'll likely become a more than capable #1 goalie elsewhere in the league in exchange of a middle round pick from some middle-ranked team.

This is making me sick.

I'd keep both if I ever had the choice. If you're getting touchy because you're that sensible when it comes down to Habs goalies, that means you're the one who's got issues with this matter. Not the one who are questionning how appropriate it is to identify Price as the face of the franchise before he proves to be capable of performing and behaving in Montreal.

Old
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Who's the captain of the Canucks?
Don't put Luongo and Price in the same sentence, pretty please. Luongo has proven he's not going to bust and that he's going to be a franchise goaltender for years to come.

Price still has everything to prove. Luongo is captain for a reason, even if he cried one time after a game.

Old
01-07-2010, 10:42 PM
HabsIn7

Bottom Line is I wouldn't want to have to make this choice. This could turn out to make Gainey look like a fool either way.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
scottyG

Quote:
I'm a Habs fan. I don't give a crap who's in the net as long as they're getting the job done.

What I'm worrying is how Halak is becoming a great young goaltender, how he still has potential to fulfill and how he'll likely become a more than capable #1 goalie elsewhere in the league in exchange of a middle round pick from some middle-ranked team.

This is making me sick.

I'd keep both if I ever had the choice. If you're getting touchy because you're that sensible when it comes down to Habs goalies, that means you're the one who's got issues with this matter. Not the one who are questionning how appropriate it is to identify Price as the face of the franchise before he proves to be capable of performing and behaving in Montreal.

lol you believe everything you read/see on tv? Because Price has never "Misbehaved" only the media came out with bs like that.

Old
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Rask???? really
Rask has a .933 SV% and a 1.92 GAA.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
Bottom Line is I wouldn't want to have to make this choice. This could turn out to make Gainey look like a fool either way.
Bingo. However, even if I'm sure Halak's the one who's going to leave, I wonder if this is the great decision long-term. I wonder if Halak is inferior enough to Price to justify receiving a 3rd rounder instead of a 1st and a top-prospect.

Old
scottyG

Quote:
Don't put Luongo and Price in the same sentence, pretty please. Luongo has proven he's not going to bust and that he's going to be a franchise goaltender for years to come.

Price still has everything to prove. Luongo is captain for a reason, even if he cried one time after a game.
What exactly has luongo proven again?

Old
TankEller*

Quote:

Yup, Price's proven just as much. Nevermind.

You're ridiculous.

Old
01-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
He's from Montreal. That's all that matters. He's proven his bloodlines.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote