HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings lose one vz the flamin' hubcaps >.<!

Old
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Alone the idea to dress Ivanans against the wings
is insane.....
we have the potential to dress up 4 skilled lines just to roll over an 1 line team.
Frolov Richardson Moller is a Hell of a 4th line.....
actually is is no 4th line in this meaning.

I can't belive that LOmbardi is happt with what Murray is doing to this team.
We see every game how wonderfull blueline one timers are on PP.
But the staff has nothing else to do than position the defender on the wrong side.

but i'm tired to write that **** after every ****ing game.......
so i stop that

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:14 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
You must of had some bad seats or something then because the guy straight up stole the game for Detroit.
My seats are awesome.

Like I said, Howard played WELL. Not the dominate kind of game 51 saves would indicate.

He got bailed out by 3 or 4 Wings in the crease at the most critical moments and never had to make a highlight reel save because the Kings whiffed on most all of their highlight reel shots. The Kings best chances came off scrums in front of the net, virtually none of which Howard moved on nearly at all. He lay still, while Kings players fumbled pucks and shot them directly at his lifeless and confused corpse. He had some good rebound control, which is all I will really credit him for. The Kings tipped nearly all their deflections wide and could not lift a puck to save their lives.

The Kings complete inability to finish is a far cry from getting robbed. Howard did not rob the Kings, the Kings robbed themselves.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:28 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Boring for 50 minutes.
... If you thought that game was boring for 50 minutes, I don't think hockey is your thing. Might want to try another sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
I think O'Donnell just sealed his days in the NHL with that gaff.
... Yes, of course, because a defenseman who was +11 coming into this game makes a mistake late in the game and sees a goal scored off a bad bounce, and presto -- it's instant retirement.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:30 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
52 fricken shots... 1 god damn goal. thats pathetic.

how many open nets were wiffed on in the slot? at least three....

That game was painful to watch live, and damn do i hate redwing fans. bandwagoning *****es!!! i wanted to punch everything in red tonight!!!

The conga Room was fun. Met some actress from the movie waiting and hung with her and her man. Got offered his season seats since hes out of town a lot.

I am oficially buying a number 17 jersey with NIght Train on the back!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:50 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Like I said, Howard played WELL. Not the dominate kind of game 51 saves would indicate.
... I tend to agree with this. I don't think for a second that 52 shots actually got through to Howard, anyway. An inordinate number of them, almost 10, were blocked by Wings' skaters in and around the crease. The Wings did an exceptional job of collapsing and supporting the goaltender.

Howard had three excellent saves by my count. He robbed Segal in the first period at the doorstep on the right wing side of the goal, then moved quickly over to the other side to beat Smyth, who tried a wraparound. He also made a great save on Handzus in the second. Howard made a couple of nice saves on two separate shots by Kopitar in the slot area. Other than that, the Kings just kept shooting the puck into him, and Howard was helped along by some fortunate bounces. It was just a rough night for the Kings, and Howard was the beneficiary of that.

Old
01-08-2010, 05:24 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
My seats are awesome.

He got bailed out by 3 or 4 Wings in the crease at the most critical moments and never had to make a highlight reel save because the Kings whiffed on most all of their highlight reel shots. The Kings best chances came off scrums in front of the net, virtually none of which Howard moved on nearly at all. He lay still, while Kings players fumbled pucks and shot them directly at his lifeless and confused corpse. He had some good rebound control, which is all I will really credit him for. The Kings tipped nearly all their deflections wide and could not lift a puck to save their lives.

The Kings complete inability to finish is a far cry from getting robbed. Howard did not rob the Kings, the Kings robbed themselves.
Even if he only made 30 of those 51 saves by himself, that alone is worthy of #1 star. He made FIFTY-ONE saves and gave up one goal.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I tend to agree with this. I don't think for a second that 52 shots actually got through to Howard, anyway. An inordinate number of them, almost 10, were blocked by Wings' skaters in and around the crease. The Wings did an exceptional job of collapsing and supporting the goaltender.

Howard had three excellent saves by my count. He robbed Segal in the first period at the doorstep on the right wing side of the goal, then moved quickly over to the other side to beat Smyth, who tried a wraparound. He also made a great save on Handzus in the second. Howard made a couple of nice saves on two separate shots by Kopitar in the slot area. Other than that, the Kings just kept shooting the puck into him, and Howard was helped along by some fortunate bounces. It was just a rough night for the Kings, and Howard was the beneficiary of that.
Did you not see the toe save on Stoll? Howard played an awesome game and the Kings failed to finish.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Lol at the thought that Ivanans had anything to do with this loss.
It's not the fact that he contributes to the loss, it's the fact that he just brings absolutely nothing to the table. He is never going to win you a game, but by being out on the ice, he wastes say 7-10 minutes of ice time that could be given to a line that can score. We could have 4 scoring lines if he wasn't dressed, but just by being there, he wastes the talent of Stoll and Moller

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Defgarden

This game was like putting your A game on this really hot girl at the bar, and when you FINALLY get her drunk/interested, her ugly friend comes to **** block at 1:30am, leaving you with nothing but the tab and a hangover the next day.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
first star
J. Howard
Red Wings (G )

second star
D. Brown

third star
Kings (RW)
R. Smyth
What's missing from this list? Oh yeah, our big paycheck superstar: Kopitar. When is he gonna show up and win a game for this team again? Week after week after week: nothing.

Obviously a frustrating outcome, but the Kings played great. Howard played great as well, but the bottom line is that Quick let a bad goal to decide it and let Det gain 2 pts on the Kings.

When is the last time the Kings have won a game when the opposing goalie let in a soft goal? I really can't remember.

Quick kept us in the game, but really Det wasn't really buzzing much all game - the Kings dominated the play. And Quick: STAND UP when a shooter is coming down the goal line toward the net!!! There's really no need to go down to a knee and give the shooter a chance for a bad goal! Just stay on the post, keep your stick on the ice, and guess what? The puck won't come close to going in!

Reading Helene Elliott's piece in the LAT this am, and she wrote that Symth's goal was "fluky," and didn't say a WORD about the Game Winning Goal with 0:17 left was oh, just a tad "soft." She needs to call it like it is: The Kings played a great game, Quick played well but let in a bad goal to lose, and Howard didn't let in any bad goals.

We've seen this before and we'll see it again, but geez, what a heartbreaking loss after finally tying the score.

Howard stole this game for Detroit.

When is Kopitar gonna steal a game?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I don't think for a second that 52 shots actually got through to Howard, anyway. An inordinate number of them, almost 10, were blocked by Wings' skaters in and around the crease.
No, that's exactly what it means: 52 shots got thru to Howard and he stopped 51.

If shots hit skates and don't reach the goalie, they don't count as SOG.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
When is the last time the Kings have won a game when the opposing goalie let in a soft goal? I really can't remember.

Quick kept us in the game, but really Det wasn't really buzzing much all game - the Kings dominated the play. And Quick: STAND UP when a shooter is coming down the goal line toward the net!!! There's really no need to go down to a knee and give the shooter a chance for a bad goal! Just stay on the post, keep your stick on the ice, and guess what? The puck won't come close to going in!
I don't know if its the most recent, but the game that the kings won 5-4 in ot against the sharks, Nabby let in the softest of soft goals.

I don't think you should be giving advice on how to keep net if you are saying he should be standing up with his stick on the ice. It wasn't a soft goal by quick, Helm was given a free skate at him, so quick did exactly what he had to do just got unlucky that it founds its way through his pads, but if he had a dman in the slot to stop Helm from skating around him, he wouldn't have had to poke check and could have just concentrated on stopping the shot. The defense is more to blame for the goal, not quick

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
rapots

It was sort of loss I can deal with it. With such display Kings showed, 8 out of 10 games Kings win. Oh well, Blues will pay the price

rapots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

I don't think you should be giving advice on how to keep net if you are saying he should be standing up with his stick on the ice. It wasn't a soft goal by quick, Helm was given a free skate at him, so quick did exactly what he had to do just got unlucky that it founds its way through his pads, but if he had a dman in the slot to stop Helm from skating around him, he wouldn't have had to poke check and could have just concentrated on stopping the shot. The defense is more to blame for the goal, not quick
Sorry, but I cannot disagree more. Helm had no room to bring the puck to the slot for a better shot (the D was coming toward him from the slot), he had only one option: shoot from whatever angle he had, which was right on the goal line.

If Quick just stands there on the post with his pads stacked and stick on the ice, the shot does nothing. But by going down to his knees, he opened up a gap in his pads, and we know what happened.

imo, he needs to analyze the situation and realize WHERE the shot is coming from and what percentage the shot has of going in. It was an incredibly LOW percentage shot, but HIS actions made the percentage go higher.

It bugs me that the Kings lost 1 point and maybe 2, but the team did not finish many, many chances (and Howard played great in giving up ZERO soft goals), so it's easy to nitpick on a poor decision (imo) from Quick.

And it's not that we lost, it's how and WHEN we lost (geez - 0.2 seconds, and then 0:17 - AAAARRRGGHHH!). A good goal? no problem. I just can't call Helm's GWG a good goal.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Howard stole that game. Plain and simple.

I counted 4 or 5 goals that should have gone in.. Oh well, You win some, you lose some. The Wings have our number..on to the next game.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Because O'Donnell was out muscles and out played. If he tries to take down Helm before he can take a shot, it's a penalty that carries over into OT if it gets there.

I assume Sean assumed that Quick make the routine save because really, Helm didn't have a lot of room to take a good shot.

It went tweeners and was a goal. All Quick, which sucks because it's not like Quick had a bad game.

IT WAS NOT A SHOT!!!

I was sitting in 108 row 10 (right on the Kings goal line --perfect view) and Helm lost the puck off his stick in beginning his toe drag to go wide acros the goal mouth. The puck rolled at half-speed and snuck tweeners on Quick as he went to push off to cover Helm's move toward the middle of the net.

Flukey goal. But one that gets hung on Mr. O'Donnell's shoulders as he got beat, BADLY, and it was his responsibility not to let his man deke and step around him, bringing the puck all the way from the corner to the front of the net.

You can't win them all, but this is one we should have had as there is no excuse for allowing goals with 0.2 and 17 seconds left in any period. LATE GOALS KILL A HOCKEY TEAM EVERYTIME!

Quote:
Sorry, but I cannot disagree more. Helm had no room to bring the puck to the slot for a better shot (the D was coming toward him from the slot), he had only one option: shoot from whatever angle he had, which was right on the goal line.
Actually that is exactly what Helm tried to do. Again, the puck rolled off Helm's stick as he made his move to the front of the net.

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 01-08-2010 at 12:36 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
This game was like putting your A game on this really hot girl at the bar, and when you FINALLY get her drunk/interested, her ugly friend comes to **** block at 1:30am, leaving you with nothing but the tab and a hangover the next day.
Thats the problem exactly! You need to get her interested BEFORE you get her drunk!

Old
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
IT WAS NOT A SHOT!!!

I was sitting in 108 row 10 (right on the Kings goal line --perefect view) and Helm lost the puck off his stick in beginning his toe drag to go wide acros the goal mouth. The puck rolled at half-speed and snuck tweeners on Quick as he went to push off to cover Helm's move toward the middle of the net.

Flukey goal. But one that gets hung on Mr. O'Donnell's shoulders as he got beat, BADLY, and it was his responsibility not to let his man deke and step around him, bringing the puck all the way from the corner to the front of the net.

You can't win them all, but this is one we should have had as there is no excuse for allowing goals with 0.2 and 17 seconds left in any period. LATE GOALS KILL A HOCKEY TEAM EVERYTIME!
Yeah, I have to agree. I love what O'Donnell brings to this team in terms of leadership and heart, but no way as a defenseman can you let your man beat you out of the corner to the front of the net with that little time left in the game.

You take the penalty if you have to. Time and score...

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
Brown should not be on the first line. He is simply not a smart enough hockey player to be on the first line. Put Moller on the first line and drop Brown to the second. At least give it a try instead of throwing Moller out there with the big ugly ogre for 7minutes a game.

Ivanans is ****ing trash. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight AND he takes retarded penalties. Bench the ogre.
Agree on Brown-although I do like him. Agree on Moller. Agree on Ivan the Terrible.

My question is would any team be stupid enough to take Ivan the Terrible in a trade?

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Agree on Brown-although I do like him. Agree on Moller. Agree on Ivan the Terrible.

My question is would any team be stupid enough to take Ivan the Terrible in a trade?
We should trade him to Burke for his second rounder (old joke, I know)

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
We should trade him to Burke for his second rounder (old joke, I know)
Cammi and a first!

Old
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
DeeMeck

Who let the morons into Staples Center last night??

I was pretty shocked at the behavior of some Kings fans.

I know we are playing well and all...but to literally get in the face of Wings fans and talk about how they ****ing suck because they lost to the Ducks, during a game they are beating us, was absolutely stupid.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Ah well, what are you gonna do. We ran into a extremely hot goalie. . . these things happen.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Who let the morons into Staples Center last night??

I was pretty shocked at the behavior of some Kings fans.

I know we are playing well and all...but to literally get in the face of Wings fans and talk about how they ****ing suck because they lost to the Ducks, during a game they are beating us, was absolutely stupid.
That's weak smack! I much more enjoyed razzing all the guys I was sitting with about the decrepit state their hometown is in and what kind of loyalty do they show by getting up and leaving for greener (warmer) pastures. That and the fact that they can move back, buy a house in detroit for about $7,000.00, not have to deal with LA traffic anymore and root for "THEIR" team 41 times a year instead of just four!

Old
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
No, that's exactly what it means: 52 shots got thru to Howard and he stopped 51.

If shots hit skates and don't reach the goalie, they don't count as SOG.
... just FYI, I'm well aware of what constitutes a shot on goal.

I'm saying that whoever was totaling the shots on goal was over-zealous.