HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Oilers (Cogliano)

Old
01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
eh, I would rather see Heik or Sangs get a real shot instead. I just don't feel that Sauer would be a good fit in an uptempo system. Plus it seems that he is always freakin injured. But I wouldn't be upset if he did get a real shot w/ us either.
I'd like to see Sanguinetti get a legitimate shot as well, but Sauer is definitely a guy this team needs on the back end. Staal. McDonagh, and Sauer are, at least in theory, the perfect guys to compliment Sangs, Del Zotto, and Gilroy.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd like to see Sanguinetti get a legitimate shot as well, but Sauer is definitely a guy this team needs on the back end. Staal. McDonagh, and Sauer are, at least in theory, the perfect guys to compliment Sangs, Del Zotto, and Gilroy.
I definately agree with you but unfortunately the reality is that we still have a Rosy and Redden on the blueline. Therefore I think we should try to get our players with the biggest potential the more legit shot. That being for the time being Sangs and Heik. And heik does have a feistiness to his game, but also can bring some offense.

but yeah a blueline of Staal, Sauer, and Mcd w/ MDZ, gilroy, and Sangs would be very nice in the future and probably would complement very well together.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I definately agree with you but unfortunately the reality is that we still have a Rosy and Redden on the blueline. Therefore I think we should try to get our players with the biggest potential the more legit shot. That being for the time being Sangs and Heik. And heik does have a feistiness to his game, but also can bring some offense.

but yeah a blueline of Staal, Sauer, and Mcd w/ MDZ, gilroy, and Sangs would be very nice in the future and probably would complement very well together.
I don't think we'll see Rozsival beyond the end of this season, and I think Sanguinetti is the logical choice to replace him. Takes his spot on the 2nd PP unit, and plays on the 3rd pairing. Sangs and Girardi are two different players that fill very different roles on the ice. You don't want Bobby coming into a spot where he needs to be on the defensive all the time, you want his offense.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't think we'll see Rozsival beyond the end of this season, and I think Sanguinetti is the logical choice to replace him. Takes his spot on the 2nd PP unit, and plays on the 3rd pairing. Sangs and Girardi are two different players that fill very different roles on the ice. You don't want Bobby coming into a spot where he needs to be on the defensive all the time, you want his offense.
until he is actually traded or cut or whatnot, we must assume he will be on the team next year as that is what his contract dictates. So I still see him in our future until he is officially gone. If he plays very poorly the rest of the year it will be hard to trade him. But if he also plays exceptionally well do we really want to trade him? it's a conundrum.

girardi is an RFA so he will actually be much easier to count out as we don't even have to give him a contract, or walk away from arby ruling. he will be an interesting situation to keep an eye on. Do we keep him, or trade him, or if it goes to Arby do we stay with whatever ruling might be? Who knows.

but I agree that Sangs and Girardi would fill different roles. However I'm not sure how or why this was brought up while quoting my last post.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote