HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prince Chad

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We should call Al Montoya up. The dude is legit.
or Corey Hirsch.

Old
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
or Corey Hirsch.
Or Jason LOLbarbera

Old
01-08-2010, 10:41 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
We should call Al Montoya up. The dude is legit.
Disagree. We wasted a draft pick on him. Mika Wiikman has a future in this league...

Old
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Or Jason LOLbarbera
or Dan Cloutier...

Old
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Figures YOU would start this thread.

Next up, Dagoon.
LOL i was thinking the same thing. Kid played a great game and all the sudden he is going to be taking lundqvist's job at some point? Ridiculous. Yeah "Prince Chad" will pass lundqvist in about 7-8 years. I'm not taking anything away from his performance last night but he did have a lot of luck on his side. He had teammates batting loose pucks out of the crease and a lot of shanked shots by atlanta. Even in the shootout I still dont know what kovalchuk was thinking with that shot.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Or Jason LOLbarbera
or Vitali Yeremeyev. He does a .923 sp in the KHL this year.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Ail
k.

Do threads get locked on sheer stupidity alone?

This one would be in the running.

I'm happy for the kid, and I hope he becomes a solid back-up, but honestly...

01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
****ing stupid thread.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM
NYRangers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
LOL i was thinking the same thing. Kid played a great game and all the sudden he is going to be taking lundqvist's job at some point? Ridiculous. Yeah "Prince Chad" will pass lundqvist in about 7-8 years. I'm not taking anything away from his performance last night but he did have a lot of luck on his side. He had teammates batting loose pucks out of the crease and a lot of shanked shots by atlanta. Even in the shootout I still dont know what kovalchuk was thinking with that shot.
Lundqvist is not god. And I'm sure if Lundqvist played the game yesterday people wouldn't be saying he got lucky. Honestly though I think they don't get to OT with Lundqvist in net. Chad is better with in game situations and Lundy is stronger one on one and shootouts, that's how I see it. Names mean nothing to me- I watch their game and judge them on how they perform not how much money they make or how long they've been around for. And I am not a Lundqvist hater, at the same time I don't love Lundqvist so much to the point where I'm going to blindly defend him every chance I get.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers84 View Post
Lundqvist is not god. And I'm sure if Lundqvist played the game yesterday people wouldn't be saying he got lucky. Honestly though I think they don't get to OT with Lundqvist in net. Chad is better with in game situations and Lundy is stronger one on one and shootouts, that's how I see it. And I am not a Lundqvist hater, at the same time I don't love Lundqvist so much to the point where I'm going to blindly defend him every chance I get.
Chad Johnson is better with in game situations?!?!? Based on WHAT exactly? Some preseason games and 20 games in the AHL? That's ridiculous on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

It's just pain.
Old
01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Chad Johnson is better with in game situations?!?!? Based on WHAT exactly? Some preseason games and 20 games in the AHL? That's ridiculous on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.
Based on his 1 game in the NHL.

We all know that how you play in your first game is 100% indicative of your entire career </sarcasm>

Old
01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
NYRangers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Based on his 1 game in the NHL.

We all know that how you play in your first game is 100% indicative of your entire career </sarcasm>
No its not but how can people on here say that Johnson is never going to be as good as Lundqvist? You never know if the kid keeps it up and turns into something special. And I mean he's been better on "in game situations" from what I've seen him play (preseason and last night) obviously we need ALOT more games to give him a fair assessment. Until that happens, Lundqvist is our starter without question and Johnson is just a backup.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Based on his one game he plays well in the Atl

01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Block More Shots

Chad has to improve his five-hole. That's one of the few glaring holes in his game.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
NYRangers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
Chad has to improve his five-hole. That's one of the few glaring holes in his game.
I agree, he definitely needs work on his five hole and breakaways. If Allaire can help him with these flaws, he is going to be pretty damn good albeit if it's just a backup role.

Last edited by NYRangers84: 01-08-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Beezer

Many people didn't think Richter could out play Vanbiesbrouck but he did.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
No its not but how can people on here say that Johnson is never going to be as good as Lundqvist? You never know if the kid keeps it up and turns into something special. And I mean he's been better on "in game situations" from what I've seen him play (preseason and last night) obviously we need ALOT more games to give him a fair assessment. Until that happens, Lundqvist is our starter without question and Johnson is just a backup.
Nobody's saying he's not going to be as good as lundqvist, but it's pretty stupid to start making assumptions on how he's going to perform when he's had only a single nhl start

Old
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
NYRangers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Nobody's saying he's not going to be as good as lundqvist, but it's pretty stupid to start making assumptions on how he's going to perform when he's had only a single nhl start
Same could be said for any promising looking rookie but people always make assumptions. Some turn out wrong and some turn out right it's just how it is.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
I noted that a couple of different times during the game last night. Unless that was just a fluke last night, it's going to give him problems--particularly once other teams start seeing film of him.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Old
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The kid looked great last night. If he continues to impress he has the backup role all to himself, hopefully for a few years. If he proves he's a starter, hmm, thats some piece of trade material that could land us something very nice. Its all gravy.

And yeah, Kovalchuk being way too nonchalant on that shootout attempt. Often shooters end up fooling themselves.

Quote:
Lundqvist is not god. And I'm sure if Lundqvist played the game yesterday people wouldn't be saying he got lucky. Honestly though I think they don't get to OT with Lundqvist in net. Chad is better with in game situations and Lundy is stronger one on one and shootouts, that's how I see it. Names mean nothing to me- I watch their game and judge them on how they perform not how much money they make or how long they've been around for. And I am not a Lundqvist hater, at the same time I don't love Lundqvist so much to the point where I'm going to blindly defend him every chance I get.
We're trying to curb your enthusiasm here, and you're just making it worse.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 01-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

How about this: he looked good in preseason, he's looked mostly good in HFD and he looked good last night. I'm starting to think he's got a future as an NHL netminder. Once he proves that, he's got an opportunity to prove he's worse than/as good as/better than Lundqvist.

For now, he's done enough to move him into the top ten of our prospects.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Captain Monglobster

People saying Johnson played only decent are downplaying his game a little bit. His positioning was really good, and he made some difficult saves look easy (no not the blocker save Michelletti was talking about).

For his first NHL game he looked very impressive, he kept his cool and did not look out of place by any means. At times he was the only reason the Rangers kept the lead when his team was being outworked.

Does this mean he will pass Lundqvist at some point in his career? I really don't think so. But hopefully it does mean that we have someone who can play 20 games a year and give us a chance to win.

Old
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Same could be said for any promising looking rookie but people always make assumptions. Some turn out wrong and some turn out right it's just how it is.
That's fair. But to make a judgement on one game is ridiculous. Dominic Moore should have 1,014 points.

01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
NYRangers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
How about this: he looked good in preseason, he's looked mostly good in HFD and he looked good last night. I'm starting to think he's got a future as an NHL netminder. Once he proves that, he's got an opportunity to prove he's worse than/as good as/better than Lundqvist.

For now, he's done enough to move him into the top ten of our prospects.
Fair enough, let's just leave it at that.

Closed Thread